Page 1 of 2
LastLast

World buffs for gold. Yay or Nay

What do you think about this idea:

World buffs like onyxia, nefarian, rend, hakkar, etc. should be available for gold. No need to camp reset timers, no need to deliver quest items.

Lets say 100g for 2 hour buff, 50g for one hour buff.

How such change will affect YOU as casual, hardcore, goldfarmer?

Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post

World buffs like onyxia, nefarian, rend, hakkar, etc. should be available for gold. No need to camp reset timers, no need to deliver quest items.

I wouldn't mind, but I would like to have more interesting gold sink. Like 20-22 slot bags.

I buy 10 Major Mana potions, few elixirs and food buff for every raid night and it costs me ~60-70g and I get 100g from raids itself every week. Maybe I should buy flask too to spend gold for something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post

No what the hell is this idea

I'd prefer they just disable them in raids entirely, as most major private servers did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer they either ban them in raids completely or just add them to something like the SW fountain - make it a usable object that hands out the major world buffs.

They can keep Songflower and DMF separate, and even DM buffs. But the nonsense of killing NPC's to reset the Ony and Nef buff is silly and unnecessarily convoluted, plus it makes Horde and Alliance actually work together which goes against the faction conflict premise.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

No I want my free buffs, especially for alts. I like knowing when buffs are going out, and I'm not paying for it.

What on earth happened to #NoChanges........

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    yea but my ideas are the ones that should go in

No changes went out the window on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I'd prefer they just disable them in raids entirely, as most major private servers did.
    "as most major private servers did"

Thanks for confirming you never played private servers. Only one, MAYBE two pservers did this, and even then, it was only for the first 4 weeks of each raid's launch.

Why disable them though? Nobody's forcing you to use them.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2020-06-30 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Same reason why "Why restrict fly mounts, noone is forcing you to use them"

people will always choose the road of least resistance, so if there is a way to do something faster or easier, people will use that thing, unless you block that thing off completly.

"as most major private servers did"

Thanks for confirming you never played private servers. Only one, MAYBE two pservers did this, and even then, it was only for the first 4 weeks of each raid's launch.

You're right I didn't play them.

Most of the major ones on youtube disabled them for a month at the start of Naxxramas that I could see.

You'd disable them because it relieves guilds of the burden of having to use them to be optimal. This makes the content more fun because it puts up more of a fight and lets you actually play your character instead of sitting offline after getting your buffs. It also makes it so there's less drama and people raging because something happened and they died and now their night is ruined.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2020-06-30 at 09:32 PM.

You'd disable them because it relieves guilds of the burden of having to use them to be optimal.
    Nobody is forcing you to be "optimal".

This makes the content more fun because it puts up more of a fight
    You don't use world buffs on progression, you use them for clearing farm runs faster.

and lets you actually play your character instead of sitting offline after getting your buffs. It also makes it so there's less drama and people raging because something happened and they died and now their night is ruined.
    sounds like you just need to git gud

Nobody is forcing you to be "optimal".

You don't use world buffs on progression, you use them for clearing farm runs faster.

sounds like you just need to git gud
    These are pretty poor arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, for several reasons:

1) You don't need them to clear things.

2) While some changes were inevitable, the team has mostly tried to keep things as close to vanilla as is reasonable. This isn't that.

3) The buffs are dead easy to get. Most servers coordinate the Nef/Ony buff as well as the Heart buff and neither involved much travel or time (I speak from an alliance perspective here). DM just requires a quick clear of DM Trib and to have a lock out there with shards to summon. You can even have people level summon bots (level 20 locks with shards) and just log those in to summon to DM.

4) WTF is this "please let us give you more money/gold for services" thing? Retail is that way...

5) Ofc this is mostly a post for reaction. Grats, you wasted people's time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only the tiny moronic minority wanted the #nOcHaNgEs
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer if they persisted through death for their duration, having some trigger happy dps that can't watch the threat meter on Vael is getting seriously old.

Major pserver disabled world buffs, what?

What kind of backwater pserver did you even play

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Same reason why "Why restrict fly mounts, noone is forcing you to use them"

people will always choose the road of least resistance, so if there is a way to do something faster or easier, people will use that thing, unless you block that thing off completly.
    sounds like a them problem. if they use it, they must not want it gone that badly.

Player made chat groups are already rampant with dialog asking if the opposing faction is around and dispelling world buffs on the pvp server I play on. Can you imagine the griefing a priest could do if people could actually pay for buffs with gold?