Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Because random Twilight Cultist in Silithus is stronger/more important than an Elemental Lord or the leader of the Black Dragonflight (in Deathwing's absence). Sure.
    So there should never be any upgrades ever then because the quest mobs in Voldun certainly aren't stronger than Ragnaros.

If you want to fucking immersion it up then *something something something* armorers skill improves so the gear that drops is better, there now you have some story.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-06-30 at 09:05 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    So there should never be any upgrades ever then because the quest mobs in Voldun certainly aren't stronger than Ragnaros.

If you want to fucking immersion it up then *something something something* armorers skill improves so the gear that drops is better, there now you have some story.
    Technically, they are, cause Rag's dead. If you did the fight on Heroic difficulty and got the extra phase, with Malfurion Stormrage and Hamuul Runetotem, we murdered the bastard. Inside the Firelands. Which means he can't regenerate.

Like SonGoku said in the Buu Saga, "Frieza...in hindsight, he wasn't much of a hassle. He was strong, but not THAT strong."

By the same token, with all the shit we've faced by now (old gods, mad Dragon aspects, the Lich King, Kil'jaeden (twice), Archimonde (twice)) yes, Elemental Lords aren't that big of a deal. But in Vanilla they were. Hence, nothing in vanilla should surpass Rag loot. And in some cases, it doesn't. I'm looking at you, Choker of the Firelord & Onslaught Girdle.

Edit: woohoo, just passed 500 posts. Only took me a decade+ xD

WOTLK was bullshit. Re-hashed Naxxramas, that I, as a vanilla raider who had cleared 12/15 Naxxramas, was disgusted with. We 1shot everything in our Sunwell gear on the 1st week of WOTLK. Purely disgusting.
    You knew the mechanics, watch Naxxramas bosses in Classic get one shotted.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    As someone who didn't know mechanics, I had similar experience. Not one shot, but 2-3 shot pretty much everything, wearing BT/Sunwell gear. In our guild nobody had entered Naxx in vanilla and we weren't type of raiders that read up tactics before raid.

That tier was easy, the biggest difficulty was highly unstable servers that kept lagging out and crashing on some bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame
    Most people are imbeciles. Twitter is just a way for them to demonstrate it.

The map is off is numerous places. For example Thelsamar should be higher (maybe even yellow), Burning steppes as well (currently they seem to be lower than lakeshire). Westfall should be lower

The Lightbringer
    That atlas is magnificent, it's too bad you can't zoom in on pandaria, broken isles, zandalar or kul tiras yet.

What system would be fair? No time gating. I am more than ready to put in ANY leg-work this game has to throw at me. My main is 16 years old, with 340+ mounts, 750+ minipets and 90+ Exalted Reputations. Show me what I gotta farm, and I'll farm it. I will murder those Furbolgs 1 by 1 and collect their beads/headdresses 1 by 1 till Exalted. I have done so in the past, I am doing so now, I will continue to do so in the future.

But forcing me to do Mechagon dailies once per day, for 300 measly rep per day, instead of letting me murder robots and turn in their gears for rep at my heart's content? That's bullshit. My druid is the fucking leader of the Cenarion Circle, yet he has forgotten how to shapeshift to Flight form? Really? After spending years on Pandaria and the Broken Isles, he can't adapt his flying to yet ANOTHER set of islands? What a joke.

To answer your question, the fairness would be requiring EVERYONE to do the same farms, NO NERFING (like they did with Essences that needed Exalted down to Revered), but no time-gating when it comes to shit that has to be farmed. Let me farm at my own pace goddammit.
    Realistically it won't happen IMHO...ever. If the Mechagon rep pissed you off for being limited to approx 1000 rep per day...well...how is that different to the rep associated with AQ or BT or ICC or ToT that you only could get from clearing the raid? Or 5 mans tied to rep. But I guess at least on normal you could run those as long as you wanted. It is something you got sold with this game right from the start.

I am not even going to defend it or say how things "should be" - it rather is obvious that some sort of timegating has been in the game since day 1 and it is unlikely they will ever change such a fundamental part of the system. Most you get is mixing it up...have your Furbolgs or enemies of the laughing skull that you can grind as much as you want...but there will be rep tied to quest where you can only do so much and then there will be the hardcore timegating where you literally only get access at a certain date (like a patch or like portals to SWP bosses week after week).

The only system that has been changing is the system of catchup...and yeah..obviously people are still split on this.

Also for perspective, I am pretty much where you are when it comes to mounts and reps...so I understand where you come from - actually closer to the 400 mark and the 100 rep achievements, still not hitting them this x-pac...though I got my Hearthy yesterday for 1000 unique pets

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    We couldn't kill anything really in old Naxx, yet cleared WotLK Naxx on our first raid night. Definitely too easy. A bit of a dissappointment really after the memories how hard it was in Classic. No idea what Blizzard was thinking....it could have worked with a tighter tuning.

But at least I got to pug it a lot on alts and the Undying title out of it
    Last edited by det; 2020-06-30 at 01:45 PM.

So we know the population is 10X for each server right? Is the respawn for each world boss green dragon 10X? I know they adjusted black lotus spawns for that reason.

Numerically the mob health in level 80 naxx was not much higher than the mob health in level 60 naxx. And this was before any HP rebalancing had ever gone through. So many of the mechanics were eliminated, damaging abilities that were designed to wipe the raid were just healed through, and things died so quickly, in a lot of cases the mobs didn't have an opportunity to use their abilities.

So how many scale miles is Teldrassil off of Darkshore? Someone please tell me.