Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nature Resist Gear Clarifications, Azeroth Atlas - Interactive World Map

Commemorate 20 Years Of Diablo II With Carbot, MrLlamaSC, And New In-Game Wings!

WoW Classic - Nature Resist Gear Clarifications
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Pomfer: Why are Sandstalker pieces and the Dreamscale chest readily available RIGHT NOW, yet Bramblewood, Ironvine, Sylvan sets and Cloak craft still seemingly not going to be available until Naxxramas (P6)

It would make the most sense to make then readily available for p5, and it still makes no sense why only mail NR is available right now.

Can we get some clarity please?

Khlause: Some of the gear was intended for AQ, while other items may have been back burner or may have been a form of catch up gear.

Overall, the nature-resist gear that was released in original WoW in patch 1.11 was catch-up gear. It was released along with Naxx to help close the gap for guilds who were still dealing with trying to get certain pieces from Green Dragons and Maraudon because they were stuck on Huhuran.

To be specific, here’s a list of pieces that are not in WoW Classic 1.13.5:

We’re still considering precisely when to release this gear, given their usefulness and purpose. As with original WoW, that time will come later, after AQ is opened and being raided.

Azeroth Atlas - Interactive World Map
    Sturmbart and Esdreika have created the Azeroth Atlas, an interactive map viewer of Azeroth with many tools, including zoom, markers, paint and more!

Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-30 at 04:13 AM.

Another reminder that catch-up gear was in the game since the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Oh sure, catchup gear was there. Find me catchup gear that's better than stuff like Choker of the Fire Lord, Perdition's Blade, Onslaught Girdle, Bone Reaver's Edge, Aged Core Leather Gloves, Core Hound Tooth, Cauterizing Band and a MYRIAD of other epics from MC, the very 1st raid tier of Vanilla. Where's the catchup caster staff that's better than Staff of Dominance, or Azuresong Mageblade?

Realistically, the only catchup gear I can think of that's any good is the Cenarion Circle caster bracers that are 1 step below Bracers of Arcane Accuracy from BWL. There's also some more semi-decent pieces from the Naxxramas launch event and...that's pretty much it.

I recently bought BFA, after quitting at the end of Legion, to do M+ with some mates. Apparently the 1st raid tier dropped ilvl 340 gear? 360? somewhere there. I log in, day 1 I'm showered with 410 and 420 gear. Which is shit gear, don't get me wrong, but it's MILES better than the 1st raid tier. And the 2nd raid tier. And Benthic gear from Nazjatar. And Mechagon gear.

There's nothing wrong with catchup gear, per se. The "wrongness" occurs when that catchup gear invalidates 80% of available, expansion-relevant content.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-06-30 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Oh sure, catchup gear was there. Find me catchup gear that's better than stuff like Choker of the Fire Lord, Perdition's Blade, Onslaught Girdle, Bone Reaver's Edge, Aged Core Leather Gloves, Core Hound Tooth, Cauterizing Band and a MYRIAD of other epics from MC, the very 1st raid tier of Vanilla. Where's the catchup caster staff that's better than Staff of Dominance, or Azuresong Mageblade?

I recently bought BFA, after quitting at the end of Legion, to do M+ with some mates. Apparently the 1st raid tier dropped ilvl 340 gear? 360? somewhere there. I log in, day 1 I'm showered with 410 and 420 gear. Which is shit gear, don't get me wrong, but it's MILES better than the 1st raid tier. And the 2nd raid tier. And Benthic gear from Nazjatar. And Mechagon gear.

There's nothing wrong with catchup gear, per se. The "wrongness" occurs when that catchup gear invalidates 80% of available, expansion-relevant content.
    You have both extremes. Catch-up invalidating previous gear so quickly and gear cycles growing too fast (retail) vs blues/greens or lower tier gear that's better than current content gear (vanilla). Both er ehh...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    You have both extremes. Catch-up invalidating previous gear so quickly and gear cycles growing too fast (retail) vs blues/greens or lower tier gear that's better than current content gear (vanilla). Both er ehh...
    I mean, in my eyes, there's absolutely NOTHING inherently wrong with having gear from the 1st raid of the expansion (in this case, the game itself) being relevant till the end. Any serious guild will ALWAYS clear MC, because Thunderfury is a thing. Because Choker is a thing. Because Cauterizing Band is a thing. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Ideally you wanna enter AQ40 with every. single. one of your healers wearing either 2x Cauterizing or 1x Cauterizing 1x Pure Elementium. You want every. single. caster to have Choker. You want every single warrior to have Onslaught Girdle.

It's Ragnaros the fucking Firelord for crying out loud. His loot should NOT be invalidated by a fucking world quest in the new island of the newest patch, whether that's Timless Isle, Isle of Thunder or Mechagon. Why? Cause he's RAGNAROS, the fucking FIRELORD. That's why.

You get my drift? Sure, T1 gear will become obsolete. Sure, Aurastone Hammer and Staff of Dominance will get out-classed by Lok'Amir and Staff of the Shadow Flame. But Raggy loot? Hell no. He's an Elemental Lord. He, WHO WAS ANCIENT WHEN THE WORLD WAS YOUNG RAWRAWRAWR. He has status, as a villain, in the world of Azeroth. And that means something. Having Rag loot means something. Ya feel me?
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2020-06-30 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Typos, haven't finished my coffee yet

You clearly do not understand problem with catch up gear on reatail and how it works in Vanilla.
    Nature resist is helpful but not mandatory to finish AQ. It even lowers your DPS since these items usually do not provide any other good stats. Only tanks should use it honestly.

Realistically, the only catchup gear I can think of that's any good is the Cenarion Circle caster bracers that are 1 step below Bracers of Arcane Accuracy from BWL. There's also some more semi-decent pieces from the Naxxramas launch event and...that's pretty much it.

This.

I think you are right but atleast you've still got a reason to do previous tiers and dungeons. Legendaries, mats, recipes, good epics etc.
    Do you any reason to finish Uldir or Azshara raid now? The only one is probably if you want to finish meta achi...

No, the second "extreme" isn't actually an "extreme", it's a situation that is, on the contrary, what I'd call (without irony) "interesting".

First, it is a logical consequence of having a much smaller ilvl gap between tiers, which is a good thing (it avoids the retarded stat inflation we see in retail ; it makes player's ability counts for a larger part of the character output ; it gives a more grounded experience ; most importantly, it doesn't make everything but the latest tier obsolete).

Second, it gives loot personality. It's not just another faceless "random stamina + main stat + 2 secondary stat" piece of gear that is only defined by it's ilvl, it's a specific, individual, named item that you find on a specific place/boss and which has a specific power and usefulness. Each and every one is really unique, and possibly for different uses depending on what the player want to do with it (threat vs mitigation gear for a tank, output vs regen gear for a healer, possibly with situational gear like max spirit weapon for an evocation for a mage, etc.).

So no, I'd say that as long it's kept under control, it's a very good design that should have been kept for the entire game and not replaced by a dumb "ilvl score".

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No, the second "extreme" isn't actually an "extreme", it's a situation that is, on the contrary, what I'd call (without irony) "interesting".

First, it is a logical consequence of having a much smaller ilvl gap between tiers, which is a good thing (it avoids the retarded stat inflation we see in retail ; it makes player's ability counts for a larger part of the character output ; it gives a more grounded experience ; most importantly, it doesn't make everything but the latest tier obsolete).

Second, it gives loot personality. It's not just another faceless "random stamina + main stat + 2 secondary stat" piece of gear that is only defined by it's ilvl, it's a specific, individual, named item that you find on a specific place/boss and which has a specific power and usefulness. Each and every one is really unique, and possibly for different uses depending on what the player want to do with it (threat vs mitigation gear for a tank, output vs regen gear for a healer, possibly with situational gear like max spirit weapon for an evocation for a mage, etc.).

So no, I'd say that as long it's kept under control, it's a very good design that should have been kept for the entire game and not replaced by a dumb "ilvl score".
    My favourite example when it comes to the bolded part is: T1 warrior bracers, Bracers of Might: 328 armour, +11 STR, +23 STA. T2 warrior bracers, Bracelets of Wrath: 375 armour, +13 STR, +27 STA. He who understands, understands.

Our Mage officer has collected a massive +spirit set, so that when he's making water, his Evocation can actually fill up his mana bar :P

Interesting?

The BiS weapon for feral druids is a weapon from Gnomeregan. A weapon that has 3 charges and you have to continually farm. A lvl 29 item better than raid gear.

Hard pass.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, in my eyes, there's absolutely NOTHING inherently wrong with having gear from the 1st raid of the expansion (in this case, the game itself) being relevant till the end. Any serious guild will ALWAYS clear MC, because Thunderfury is a thing. Because Choker is a thing. Because Cauterizing Band is a thing. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Ideally you wanna enter AQ40 with every. single. one of your healers wearing either 2x Cauterizing or 1x Cauterizing 1x Pure Elementium. You want every. single. caster to have Choker. You want every single warrior to have Onslaught Girdle.

It's Ragnaros the fucking Firelord for crying out loud. His loot should NOT be invalidated by a fucking world quest in the new island of the newest patch, whether that's Timless Isle, Isle of Thunder or Mechagon. Why? Cause he's RAGNAROS, the fucking FIRELORD. That's why.

You get my drift? Sure, T1 gear will become obsolete. Sure, Aurastone Hammer and Staff of Dominance will get out-classed by Lok'Amir and Staff of the Shadow Flame. But Raggy loot? Hell no. He's an Elemental Lord. He, WHO WAS ANCIENT WHEN THE WORLD WAS YOUNG RAWRAWRAWR. He has status, as a villain, in the world of Azeroth. And that means something. Having Rag loot means something. Ya feel me?
    I guess, but look at my previous comment about the Gnomeregan weapon. The system is also broken.

Interesting?

The BiS weapon for feral druids is a weapon from Gnomeregan. A weapon that has 3 charges and you have to continually farm. A lvl 29 item better than raid gear.

Hard pass.
    Yeah...no. That has to do with how broken the fact was that Druids don't get weapon DPS from their weapon. Blizzard realized this, and released gear such as Hammer of Beastial Fury, and the much better versions, Blessed Quiraji War Hammer and End of Dreams. You see, this was a time where Blizz learned from their mistakes. So you are PARTIALLY correct with that comment about feral druids. Partially. You sound like someone who doesn't know a thing about druids, because what you're mentioning was not only fixed DURING VANILLA ITSELF, but was also expanded upon in TBC, with every single raid tier having a feral druid oriented weapon that gave massive attack power boosts to counter-act the fact we get 0 boost from our weapon's DPS. Terestrian's Stranglestaff in KZ, Wildfury Greatstaff in SSC, Pillar of Ferocity in Mt Hyjal and the one I never got from Eredar Twins in SWP.

Please, continue telling us about how important Manual Crowd Pummeler is for feral druids, when that problem was solved during vanilla itself.

10+ Year Old Account

hey Google where is the upvote button on mmo champion forums
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Yeah...no. That has to do with how broken the fact was that Druids don't get weapon DPS from their weapon. Blizzard realized this, and released gear such as Hammer of Beastial Fury, and the much better versions, Blessed Quiraji War Hammer and End of Dreams. You see, this was a time where Blizz learned from their mistakes. So you are PARTIALLY correct with that comment about feral druids. Partially. You sound like someone who doesn't know a thing about druids, because what you're mentioning was not only fixed DURING VANILLA ITSELF, but was also expanded upon in TBC, with every single raid tier having a feral druid oriented weapon that gave massive attack power boosts to counter-act the fact we get 0 boost from our weapon's DPS. Terestrian's Stranglestaff in KZ, Wildfury Greatstaff in SSC, Pillar of Ferocity in Mt Hyjal and the one I never got from Eredar Twins in SWP.

Please, continue telling us about how important Manual Crowd Pummeler is for feral druids, when that problem was solved during vanilla itself.
    I mean, I didn'T play vanilla nor classic. Started playing in BC and have mained druid since then. This is all data that I know from guides and videos. My point was that gear was also broken back then (and well, they started fixing it) and eventually in subsequent expansions made better desicions. I think the best iteration of gear was WotLK-pre Titanforged MoP, gear didn't scale up that bad and catch-up mechanism were reasonable. There was also no RNG fiesta like retail right now with warforged/titanforged/corruption. But that's my opinion, and everybody's opinion is just as valid.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-06-30 at 07:29 AM.

If that's a good thing is debatable.

I remember still farming MC, BWL, ZG, AQ when Naxx opened. Not because I wanted to but because someone always wanted gear from there (fi equipping new members). Having a raid every night of the week as a gaming style certainly appeals to some players (and I did that too in vanilla) but now 15 years later I am happy that only the current raid is, well, current. There are only so many hours in a day and I'd rather not have peer pressure to farm Uldir 2 years after it was added to the game.

I mean, I didn'T play vanilla nor classic. Started playing in BC and have mained druid since then. This is all data that I know from guides and videos. My point was that gear was also broken back then (and well, they started fixing it) and eventually in subsequent expansions made better desicions. I think the best iteration of gear was WotLK, gear didn't scale up that bad and catch-up mechanism were reasonable. There was also no RNG fiesta like retail right now with warforged/titanforged/corruption. But that's my opinion, and everybody's opinion is just as valid.
    WOTLK was bullshit. Re-hashed Naxxramas, that I, as a vanilla raider who had cleared 12/15 Naxxramas, was disgusted with. We 1shot everything in our Sunwell gear on the 1st week of WOTLK. Purely disgusting. Only challenging fights in T7 were Sartharion + 3 drakes 25man and Malygos with 21 people for the achievement. Ulduar was amazing, yes. TOTGC was horseshit. ICC was horseshit except Putridice 25man HC, Sindragosa 25man HC and LK25man HC. For a veteran raider that had cleared most of OG Naxx and all of Sunwell Plateau in TBC, WOTLK was the beginning of the end of difficult, challenging raiding. Except Ulduar. Ulduar was stellar, easily top 3 raids of all times for me. But the rest of WOTLK? Bullshit expansion. After the beauty of Black Temple, Mount Hyjal, Tempest Keep, Sunwell Plateau, we were greeted with a copy of a lvl 60 raid, that my guild had mostly cleared (fuck you 4 horsemen).

WOTLK was bullshit. Re-hashed Naxxramas, that I, as a vanilla raider who had cleared 12/15 Naxxramas, was disgusted with. We 1shot everything in our Sunwell gear on the 1st week of WOTLK. Purely disgusting. Only challenging fights in T7 were Sartharion + 3 drakes 25man and Malygos with 21 people for the achievement. Ulduar was amazing, yes. TOTGC was horseshit. ICC was horseshit except Putridice 25man HC, Sindragosa 25man HC and LK25man HC. For a veteran raider that had cleared most of OG Naxx and all of Sunwell Plateau in TBC, WOTLK was the beginning of the end of difficult, challenging raiding. Except Ulduar. Ulduar was stellar, easily top 3 raids of all times for me. But the rest of WOTLK? Bullshit expansion. After the beauty of Black Temple, Mount Hyjal, Tempest Keep, Sunwell Plateau, we were greeted with a copy of a lvl 60 raid, that my guild had mostly cleared (fuck you 4 horsemen).
    We are talking about gear progression.

Also, I did enjoy all of the WotLK raids, even TotGC for many reasons.

Newer gear should always be better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and yet you have threads here crying (and claiming) how people apparently get to max level in the past and raid the highest available difficulty within a week when coming back. And those ppl claim it was possible for the MOST time in WoW, yet now in BfA it is all shit and casual / alt-unfriendly. (which I think is just flat out bs)

I never felt like Vanilla had any catch-up mechanisms...nor did TBC until IoQD. THEN I could get my alts into a shape that technically allowed them to raid BT, but the bloody attunements made it impossible.

Now people will claim (and have some sort of a point) that you get ok-ish gear but still need to farm AP and essences.

I really see no solution that makes everyone happy. Give people catch up gear and it (rightfully?) annoys ppl who played all the time and it "invalidates 80% of available, expansion-relevant content". Give them no catch-up (not for alts, not for returning players, no matter who you are) and they will probably despair at joining in 8.2 but having to gear up through old raids.

Which I felt ok back in 2005 because "it was all we knew" but ofc times change.

So...what system would be "fair"? (I am ok with how it is now...you get an alt quickly to ilv 410, but you cannot and IMHO should not expect to have all the essences and AP that allows you to jump into the hardest raids. A main should be a main and people who quit and return should still be required to put in some legwork, like we all did)
    What system would be fair? No time gating. I am more than ready to put in ANY leg-work this game has to throw at me. My main is 16 years old, with 340+ mounts, 750+ minipets and 90+ Exalted Reputations. Show me what I gotta farm, and I'll farm it. I will murder those Furbolgs 1 by 1 and collect their beads/headdresses 1 by 1 till Exalted. I have done so in the past, I am doing so now, I will continue to do so in the future.

But forcing me to do Mechagon dailies once per day, for 300 measly rep per day, instead of letting me murder robots and turn in their gears for rep at my heart's content? That's bullshit. My druid is the fucking leader of the Cenarion Circle, yet he has forgotten how to shapeshift to Flight form? Really? After spending years on Pandaria and the Broken Isles, he can't adapt his flying to yet ANOTHER set of islands? What a joke.

To answer your question, the fairness would be requiring EVERYONE to do the same farms, NO NERFING (like they did with Essences that needed Exalted down to Revered), but no time-gating when it comes to shit that has to be farmed. Let me farm at my own pace goddammit.

If that's a good thing is debatable.
    No it's not. It's the main problem the game has since WotLK, an entire expansion is reduced each patch to a single raid. THAT is shitty design.
    I remember still farming MC, BWL, ZG, AQ when Naxx opened. Not because I wanted to but because someone always wanted gear from there (fi equipping new members). Having a raid every night of the week as a gaming style certainly appeals to some players (and I did that too in vanilla) but now 15 years later I am happy that only the current raid is, well, current. There are only so many hours in a day and I'd rather not have peer pressure to farm Uldir 2 years after it was added to the game.
    The problem here is not the design but the fact that your guild made it mandatory to farm. In a less strict frame, it's a great way to keep everything relevant, mixing people (advanced raiders filling in less advanced raids in exchange for a shot at getting that BiS loot), a chance to play alt, having the world feels bigger and each item be more memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Newer gear should always be better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Because random Twilight Cultist in Silithus is stronger/more important than an Elemental Lord or the leader of the Black Dragonflight (in Deathwing's absence). Sure.

Because random Twilight Cultist in Silithus is stronger/more important than an Elemental Lord or the leader of the Black Dragonflight (in Deathwing's absence). Sure.
    So there should never be any upgrades ever then because the quest mobs in Voldun certainly aren't stronger than Ragnaros.

If you want to fucking immersion it up then *something something something* armorers skill improves so the gear that drops is better, there now you have some story.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-06-30 at 09:05 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself