Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Lots of JK rowling fans on these forums.
    Considering what i read on here the last 2 months, not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    What's wrong with being a fan of an accomplished writer?
    Quite a fucking lot when said writer protects, endorses and shares views of bigots like Magdalen Berns or Maya Forstater.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Thank goodness for Reddit's free speech.
    That's a legendary skill of doublethink though. War is peace, ignorance is strength, forceful silencing is freedom of speech. Keep going like this and I might believe you actually believe in what you say and you are not trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    That's a legendary skill of doublethink though. War is peace, ignorance is strength, forceful silencing is freedom of speech. Keep going like this and I might believe you actually believe in what you say and you are not trolling.
    Reddit owns Reddit. That means all content posted on Reddit is, in part, Reddit's "speech". And their freedom of speech (not to mention their freedom to own and control the use of their own property) means they've got the right to limit how people use their services.

That is freedom of speech. The argument that Reddit (and other sites) shouldn't do so is an attack on free speech, not a defense of it.

You're arguing that speech should be controlled and regulated by the state, and that doing so is "free speech". That's the doublethink, right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Time to close this thread.
    People didn't agree with me, close the thread!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Reddit is a private entity, they have freedom of speech and freedom of association. It's no different than if a restaurant kicked out unruly patrons, or even if you told someone who was pissing on the floor of your house to leave.

It's not really that complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Terf is a slur these days. Thats why its bad but you learn to live with it
    Always play the victim card when you get called out on being a bigot, just the terf way.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-06-30 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I have always laughed at people who complain that shit like neo-nazi stuff gets banned...
    Free speech is not something absolute. When you will ever learn that?
    "Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence." That is the best quote about all of this, you talk shit long enough no matter who you are someone is going to punch you in the face.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    People didn't agree with me, close the thread!
    Thread was about freedom of speech on internet platforms. Some very bored individuals came in blaming everyone for hating on trans people and started bashing Rowling. Thread is derailed so hard it's not going back to its original topic, hence it should be closed. Not to mention all the rules being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    "Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence." That is the best quote about all of this, you talk shit long enough no matter who you are someone is going to punch you in the face.
    Thats dumb as hell

If someone punches you everytime you say something controversial then you dont really have free speach. Same with having your life ruined and destroyed for it.

The modern wave of pc by the left reeks of 90s christian conservativism where everything was cancelled for being "satanic" but in this case its "racist" or "transphobic"

5+ Year Old Account
    This has derailed enough. It is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."