Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    As an outsider i have a hard time seeing your point.

    The difference between a hardcore achievement hunter and the average guy is that the average guy will only do the achievements that offer rewards such as mounts and the like. The average guy will actually go to great length to get those achievements though, so farming something for 9 hours to get a really cool mount isnt outside the realm of possibility.

    It seems like your problem is that you just arent that hardcore. Which is fine. But then you should reevaluate your reason for playing.
    32365 achievement points, 12/12 mythic, all cutting edges since Garrosh. I'm the definition of hardcore. When I say that something is too much, it really is too much.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    32365 achievement points, 12/12 mythic, all cutting edges since Garrosh. I'm the definition of hardcore. When I say that something is too much, it really is too much.
    Yeah no - thats not how it works. Sorry. If its not worth doing for you, its not worth doing for you. If its worth doing for someone else they are just more hardcore then you.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah no - thats not how it works. Sorry. If its not worth doing for you, its not worth doing for you. If its worth doing for someone else they are just more hardcore then you.
    Why do I get the feeling that if Blizzard made an achievement that required you to kill 100000 boars in Elwynn you'd praise it as the pinnacle of game design?

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that if Blizzard made an achievement that required you to kill 100000 boars in Elwynn you'd praise it as the pinnacle of game design?
    Because you havent given it much thought, and because you are comitting a logical fallacy?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Because you havent given it much thought, and because you are comitting a logical fallacy?
    I just completed an achievement that required me to mindlessly fly in circles and grind inconsequential mobs for 40 hours for measly 10 achievement points and you are defending it as good game design. 100000 boars in Elwynn would be the same kind of achievement and just marginally worse. An achievement should be something worthwhile. All Combating the Corruption does is earn you ridicule for wasting 40 hours of your life doing something so inane, monotonous, mindnumbing and stupid.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I just completed an achievement that required me to mindlessly fly in circles and grind inconsequential mobs for 40 hours for measly 10 achievement points and you are defending it as good game design. 100000 boars in Elwynn would be the same kind of achievement and just marginally worse. An achievement should be something worthwhile. All Combating the Corruption does is earn you ridicule for wasting 40 hours of your life doing something so inane, monotonous, mindnumbing and stupid.
    It also gets you that achievement. If you yourself are ridiculing that you got it, why did you even get it in the first place?

  7. #27
    If everyone stopped doing these lame ass achievements maybe blizzard would make them better? Just dont do them.

  8. #28
    There are a number of people who have "The Insane" title. When I first came across it I thought it was a cool title, and I still do. However - and this is a big however - when I looked it up to see what is required my thought was that was insane! Consequently I have never even attempted it.

    If you kill 100,000 boars so that you can get a title that 0.001% * of the playerbase has, then congratulations to you. Seriously. If they made the achievement so that one only needed to kill 75 boars, then that would cheapen the achievement immensely.
    * = or whatever it is.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Haven't seen any statements from Blizzard so far saying that they have learned design lessons from Mechagon and Nazjatar so who knows
    they wont change

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    I don't understand the mentality of wanting everything, but also not wanting to work for any of it. Some of this stuff takes effort, and that's really all there is to it.
    If by"effort" you mean "mindlessly grinding during hours and hours", then your definition is pretty !@#$ed up tbh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah no - thats not how it works. Sorry. If its not worth doing for you, its not worth doing for you. If its worth doing for someone else they are just more hardcore then you.
    More hardcore than @Wilfire 's "32365 achievement points, 12/12 mythic, all cutting edges since Garrosh". Now this is world class mental gymnastics
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's take a look at one of the achievements added in 8.3:
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...ption#comments

    In essence, it's a "kill x of mob y to spawn mob z". As grindy as it gets but that is often the case. Except this achievement way way way overdoes the grinding. I spent 9 hours killing jailers and an additional 12 hours killing watchers until their special versions spawned. Not to mention God knows how many hours were spent on the assortment of other mobs.

    That's easily 40+ hours of work for 10 achievement points.

    Let's get some things straight. This achievement is entirely optional and will only ever be done by collectors. But collectors are the people who would like to collecting EVERY achievement, EVERY pet and EVERY mount. By creating insanely grindy, hard-to-complete achievements like these, Blizzard is pushing their target audience away. There comes a time when being a collector isn't worth it anymore because you can spend those 40 hours working on other hobbies or playing other games. Why spend so much time monotonously killing mobs in an RNG-infested hellhole when you could be having fun in the Last of Us 2?

    Hard, grindy achievements should be rewarding (more points, mounts, titles or pets). If they aren't rewarding, they should be easy. Killing 1000 mobs on a 6 minute respawn timer for a 0.1% chance that one of them will "corruptforge" is not fun or rewarding. Just like most other BfA grinds.

    SL has to ease back and make collecting everything easier or it will just burn out more collectors.
    If instead you managed to check the zone soon after the assault started on reset, you'd be done way faster
    Really, play smart not hard
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •