Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Interesting that the Mop CE mount and pet are back, wonder if theyll do that with others too. Lookin at you vanilla ones.
    I really hope they're gonna add back Tyraels Charger, which was a reward for the Annual Pass back in Cata.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Gives me even less incentive to buy the more expensive copies of Shadowlands now. I've bought every Collector's Edition since TBC, but if I can just wait a few years and get the mount and pets on the store, what's the point?
    Are you for real?! First of all, you could buy a digital deluxe edition for 15€ more to get these rewards (all of whom are still available except for the MoP one) and second of all, are you seriously buying CE's just for the mount (which became a thing only since MoP) and pet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    I remember buying mop digital and getting the pets with the deluxe edition. I believe cataclysm was the last real collectors edition.
    No the last real CE that came out was the BfA one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by longevity View Post
    getting a friend/family to come to the BfA grinds right now is a punk move. Literally the worst version of wow in its history. Retail population is at the lowest since early vanilla days 15+ years ago and the layered grinds right now make it a completely burnout experience. We're also late in the final patch of the expansion and everything you're grinding for will literally be tossed in the trash by the prepatch for shadowlands.

Better recommendation, wait for shadowlands and see if it is well received by the players before buying it.
    Thought the same, but it's not really like that actually.

While I do agree that BfA is kinda the worst expansion they've (or maybe it's WoD) and the leveling experience for new players is just horrible (you have to level through 110 levels of outdated/old content to actually "start" playing the expansion OR you boost your character, which is gonna suck for a new player who won't know anything about the game), HOWEVER my cousin randomly decided to buy WoW a few days ago and we're actually having a lot of fun; we're 120 already.

I cannot overstate how much I hate that they bring back Collector's/Ultimate edition crap to bank on some FOMO. I'd rather they have discounts on character services.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    I remember buying mop digital and getting the pets with the deluxe edition. I believe cataclysm was the last real collectors edition.
    And that one didn't give a mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghitza View Post
    Mounts, pets and toys at a low price ... that`s perfect but

I really doubt that right now.
    Lying about that would be suicide, so yeah. If they say so, it is so.

Gotta try and compete with steam huh.

Lol. fuck outta here, gonna spend my money on actual games, not pets and mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    WTB Class Change service pl0x.
    Class change service? Wtf are you smoking.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    probably smoking the remnants of his class that was great until it wasn't.

the first expansion pre-patch I played (pre-wrath patch) it became clear that virtually everything you knew about a spec could change overnight. for better or worse. fortunately I had fury warrior at 50 at this point and a ret paladin at max level who was leveled because I felt he should have been as powerful as he became with that patch. meanwhile feral (my main) was complicated by the guardian/feral split and I decided I'd just level every class so I could always drop one when it went to shit rather than be stuck with it and also play whatever happened to be the fotm to help make up for the shortcomings of the others.

granted this hasn't really allowed for much endgame progress but it was always a sacrifice I was uneasy making to raid anyway.

We got Level Boost, so why not? Just means not starting from scratch [Rep, Collections, Quest progression, Character specific achievements, etc.]
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-30 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Gives me even less incentive to buy the more expensive copies of Shadowlands now. I've bought every Collector's Edition since TBC, but if I can just wait a few years and get the mount and pets on the store, what's the point?
    I very much would have waited on the shadowlands one / may not have ever bought it if it weren't for the transmog set that I could have apparently got without buying it and also had to wait weeks to actually get.

Bought 9 Games for the cost of 2 mounts. Beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Bought 9 Games for the cost of 2 mounts. Beat that.
    I miss the days of the NES or Sega/SNES where you could get cartridges with 40-100+ games in 1...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-30 at 10:42 PM.

yeah having a friend to play with would help a lot, means I should try to link up a couple of them to maybe do it together. But the other issues still remain and have shot down some that i've asked. I've even got a friend who basically just does leveling and questing on 30+ characters every xpac but he's burnt out on bfa as well.

Can't believe some of the CE mounts/pets are available.

I miss Warcraft having CE with real items in them. I just recently had to retire my WoD mousepad.

The BFA CE was total garbage. Digital soundtrack download and no CD in the BFA... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghitza View Post
    Mounts, pets and toys at a low price ... that`s perfect but

I really doubt that right now.
    how so?wod had a what? 5m low?and 8.3 is 10 times more fun and has far more to do than wod had in its entire lifespan,also there is classic,its safe to say that the numbers should be atleast double

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I miss the days of the NES or Sega/SNES where you could get cartridges with 40-100+ games in 1...
    Check out the Humble Bundles

Does standard edition come with a boost?

Thanks Blizzard but no thanks. Got Flat out 2 on steam for 2$ and Half Life 2 for 2$ as well (promo until 9th of July). Way more content and replayability there compared to spending real $ on pets/mounts (especially when there are 500 of them). I could make a case for earlier expansions when everyone was riding a generic horse/dragon/gryphon but this is not worth it at all.