Thread: Corruption

Corruption

Are all paladins and prisets now corrupted, and no longer one with the light? How does this work lorewise?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Are all paladins and prisets now corrupted, and no longer one with the light? How does this work lorewise?
    It should but wow is not really an rpg as much as it is a social arpg these days

The lore is also irrelevant in this regard because the lore was tossed out years ago and retconned and everything else so much that none of it makes sense or has any roots in its original dungeons and dragons template

What is this in regards too? Shadowlands or the BfA mechanic?

Ask Blizzard, but Disc priests have been a thing since vanilla. Maybe it's time to let go of old tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    What is this in regards too? Shadowlands or the BfA mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..this is what you get with a lot of lazy threads these days. OP can't even make himself clear on what he means. So I will take a wild guess and he means we wear corrupted gear? Which ofc does not make me a corrupted character.
    As Shadowlands is not out yet i would guess people would auto goto Bfa since it is the "current" content.

But i got my answer here Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It should but wow is not really an rpg as much as it is a social arpg these days

The lore is also irrelevant in this regard because the lore was tossed out years ago and retconned and everything else so much that none of it makes sense or has any roots in its original dungeons and dragons template
    Last edited by Thundering; 2020-07-03 at 07:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests were never one with the light. They use both light and shadow as a weapon. The reason we let them inside Cathedral of Light is so we can keep an eye on their crazy ass (e.g. Archbishop Benedictus).

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, you could argue that Paladins and Priests have such strong faith in the Holy Light that their sheer will power alone (perhaps with a good mixture of power/energy from the Light) allows them to wield "Corrupted" power without becoming slaves to the Void themselves.

Being able to fight fire with fire without the burns making them falter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nvm, I now know what to do with corruption.
    Last edited by Vuagnon; 2020-08-27 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.