Poll: Most suitable Azshara substitute

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Right? He needs to read War of the Ancients, holy shit. Read about how Azshara was queen of the Night Elves and was of the Highborne regiment within them and was basically the greatest arcane-wielder ever. There's a reason Night Elves had BANNED arcane magic for so many millennia and why letting the Shen'dralar come into Darnassus was such a heated topic.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I think he's emboldened by some of the other naysayers trolling the night elf thread. and the thing is we've seen the arcane integrate back into society much faster too, Wolfheart explains what happened, initially there was some resistance, but hten Maiev was found to have been the source of it. once she attempted to kill Malfurion, the rest of her supporters abandoned her, she became wanted for murder and attempted murder, and that was the end of those resisting hte integration of the Highborne. Cataclysm shows the night elves now with t mages and students, Azshara zone showed they had enough to press so early into battle - even though all those ones were new or returned Highborne casters 10k years out of practice.

But we see, more involvement of night elf mages, a lot of NPC ones in WoD handling portals for the alliance now, and ofc we see a lot more of their pre-sundering arcane culture preserved in a time bubble so we can see exactly how it was like (something that astonishes me people fail to see about Suramar, they literally stack it in a timeless bubble, so what you see in the present would be pretty much how things were back there, no outside influences. They even said that they wanted to show what a pristine city was like and what night elves would be like if they had continued using the arcane uninterrupted - and they did, they added the Nightborne twist which if you notice, is only a slight physical change - nothing else is changed, the city is the same as it was 10k years ago, and so is the culture, the Highborne half of the culture - unchanged, a quest even tells you they preserved the culture pristinely for millennia. So seeing the Nightborne is seeing the night elf arcane society, and arcane users but most don't people won't count them as night elves though they're roughly about the same degree of change other allied races like Highmountain, Zandlaari, lightforged and void elves are from their core races.

They're not the only ones we see, seeing moonguard and Farondis, demon hunters too, and then in 8.0 it continues, with the highborne mges in the cinematic, those in Elegy/good war fighting and making portals, the ones in the NPCs of assaults, the commander in the warfront and then the ghosts in Zin'Azshari. Literally we are flooded with past and present examples - but the one act of Suramar aligning horde has created this confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    No, Vol'jin was recently alive and very much darkspear troll identifiable

Azshara was an elf 10,000 years ago, and the night elves are 10k years away from that type of elf. Because blizzard changed the night elf lore. Maybe at first they were the same type of elf, but they are not.
    Stop over interpreting WC3 hunter/sentinels units showing up and the new vines & wild eyebrows customisations as some sort of proof that blizzard wants to make night elves into forest elves, I've noticed you, Rhlor, Alanar are the biggest culprits here, you're so fast to see blizzard turning night elves into forest elves you don't think.

Blizz has added Highborne customisation too, and most of what we had could pass easily, you could say it's the wild customisations missing and even though yes they could have add something more distinctive for Highborne. Furthermore you ignore that while woT and Darkshore gave you forest elf units, it wasn't the only thing they gave you, 8.0 and 8.2 showed you a lot more arcane NElf casters (living) as well as historical (in Naz'jatar). and if you've noticed, night elf action isn't abundant, a quick warfront, with a quest chain that had nothing to do with forest elves, but Elune instead. it wasn't much, and much isn't shown, don't expect everything to show up. You saw no demon hunter action, will therefore conclude that blood elves are now the main demon hunters because night elves are all forest elves?

The Highborne may be a smaller portion of the Darnassians, but you don't know how big they are especially after all those new recruits - remember ALL the tonight elves talented in the arcane that couldn't use it before, would now have the option tot raining, which means initial student numbers would have been huge - night elves talent for the arcane and arcane nature is unchanged during the long vigil - that Long Vigil group is only out of practice, not out of potential or arcane talent, and their current society? It's main difference now is that not every elf uses his arcane talent, only those truly gifted enough to become Highborne mages are trained. The fact they haven't changed genetically and are still connected to the arcane Well and surrounded by their energies tells me they all still have arcane talent, enough to learn spell work like in the past where children started learning it alongside reading and writing, it's different now, only those talented enough to train as mages learning, whiles the others don't, but that may change in time. I don't think it would go to the Nightborne levels like it was in pre-sundering era, but as they become more use to it and trust grows, more would pick up basic spell work. What I don't think would happen either is the whole society arcanising at the expense of other things - if anything I reckon in time you'd have many night elves wielding arcane and nature as well no knowing how to get answered prayers from Elune - at a basic level.

But those war of the ancient night elves don't exist anymore, they've become forest elves, high elves or nightborne. What was night elf then is not night elf now, it's effecitvely a different race/group that are too stupid to change their name.

And yes they banned arcane magic and became forest elves, and while they started doing some magic again, it's like little children trying to learn how to play with fire - this is why the blood elf laughed so hard at their stilly efforts.
    Rubbish. those WotA NElves are the same ones around today. You are confusing lifestyle changes that had to take place to carry out the long vigil, with actual physical, genetical and cultural changes.

Lifestyle changes = having to live without extra conveniences, like if we couldn't use mobile phones and tech (this is what losing arcane magic use meant) many of the things you could do with it can't so life will adjust, nature magic did allow some measure of things - but arcane magic is the

Genetical/physical changes = what happened to high elves and Nightborne, former was large change, latter a small, night elves didn't change, they even had more access tot he Well of eternity energies via the moonwells all over, so the arcane source was never far.

Cultural changes = customs, habits, traditions, societal structures & hierarchies, behaviours, etiquette - now this is the most convoluted one, something changed drastically, while others would not have - the disbanding of the mage order and hierarchies, change in government was like a revolution, now the ranking hierarchy would change, but traditions of respect of elders would probably stay. Attitudes like hubris, addiction and reckless behaviour would go, , but customs like ancestor reverence, star chart guidance would stay - the order of Elune stayed, so all the cultural influences form there would have carried on minus what they did with the arcane up until WC3

You, see, you can see it too.
    The Nightborne faces are modelled after the night elf faces silly, they're going to look similar, it doesn't mean that they resemble Azshara more - Nightborne = night elf model slimmed down.

After comparing them as best I could, even if Nightborne got golden eyes as an option, I still think a Night Elf female looks more like Azshara (which makes sense since that's exactly what she is before becoming a Naga).

I just don't think Nightborne pull it off as well as a Night Elf does, even if given golden eyes. A Void Elf isn't even on the radar imo.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-07-05 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just like a few minor survivors, you cant play them anyway, because the rest of those night elves are extinct now, changed to other races. And the current ones changed into forest elves
    You can roll a forest elf mage though

- - - Updated - - -

She is far closer to a void elf or nightborne

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the golden eyes, that's gonna be tough to do. But I was just not feeling the fit on the night elf femake

- - - Updated - - -

Because the figure and vibe is much closer to Azshara, only issue is the ears, but I'm willing to ignore that. NElf female doesnt really work, I would say less than so than void elf or nightborne even with the ear/eye difference
    You do know Highborne aren't extinct? They're the reason Night Elves got Mage as a class because former Highborne were allowed to reintegrate with Night Elf society?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It's not what faction would she join, it's what elf is she. She is a night elf, not a nightborne they don't come into existence for another few thousand years after she turns into a naga, not a void elf, they dont' come into existence for another 10,000 years after her elf days.
    She was much more infused with arcane than any other elf. Can we really compare goddess to mortals?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She was much more infused with arcane than any other elf. Can we really compare goddess to mortals?
    With that logic Aegwynn would not be a human anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    With that logic Aegwynn would not be a human anymore.
    She was the guardian, not a human.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She was the guardian, not a human.
    Then Tyrande is no night elf but the choosen of Elune, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    After comparing them as best I could, even if Nightborne got golden eyes as an option, I still think a Night Elf female looks more like Azshara (which makes sense since that's exactly what she is before becoming a Naga).

I just don't think Nightborne pull it off as well as a Night Elf does, even if given golden eyes. A Void Elf isn't even on the radar imo.
    Not fair. You picked to blue skin instead of purple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Then Tyrande is no night elf but the choosen of Elune, got it.
    Is she really a night elf? I would rather call her a ticking time bomb.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Tbh, night elf doesnt fit the Azshara vibe, those elves are 10k years gone, the night elf is a forest elf, thick bushy eyebrows, mashed up faces, 4 packs, tough Tom boy look, no hairstyle really matches Azshara either, they dont really fit a high class elf, I tried them out, they are more pink than purple, it's really weird, but I found void elf and nightborne fitting that Warbri ger Azshara much better
    OP openly ignoring the MoonGuard and other mage remnants of their society rejoining the Nelves...

Copycat

But yes, Void Elves is just not similar, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Copycat

But yes, Void Elves is just not similar, at all.
    Oh I copied for sure! I just wanted to see a comparison myself if Nightborne ever got golden eyes as an option just to see all three together.

Oh I copied for sure! I just wanted to see a comparison myself if Nightborne ever got golden eyes as an option just to see all three together.
    Damn, you did better than me. I must have gone into BfA mode on Wowhead for Nightborne or something since I couldn't find golden eyes.

Did you try void elves too? I did and it did not take long before I got confirmed that we already knew that they are not even close to be an Azshara lookalike. High Elves are supposed to be the majestic race but seeing Azshara and the new Night Elf customizations its quite cool to see how little details you need for Night Elves being a contender for that.

Okay, Ravenmoon made the same point, but it got dropped, it wasn't pursued. It made every sense for them to then wrap the nightborne in and progress them further, but my point to people is that they didn't, they chose to go to the horde. Maybe it was a U-turn, it surprised me even, and I wasn't asking for Nightborne on the horde, I wanted blood elves to be the only elves on the horde, exclusive, niche special, I'm fine with "lesser" types (in character) being more numerous on the alliance. But they gave it to the horde.

Since then every major elven development has gone horde, and only tokens to the alliance. Void elves were given to placate the crowd, but they were just a bunch of elves with a hero, they had no story, came out of nowhere and have just been occasionally thrown in here and there. They and night elves and high elves are homeless and mostly seen in ruined places, forests and wilderness, with bows and knifes - with the exception of some void elves, they rarely ever use magic.

And the recent customisation further back up my assertion. Forest all the way. I know he meant it jokingly, but yeh, they're wood/forest elves and they should be renamed.
    Guys, this is an obvious troll. The rejected Blood Elves that were too scared to fight for the Horde on the Wrathgate (which was ingame) and had to be persuaded by the Undead Sylvanas or they'll be abandoned are apparently not "lesser" elves.

The Night Elf empire was the largest empire of any of the living races in warcraft lore and ingame references have been made to it. You play Horde so how can you possibly comment on anything to do with Night Elves. You chose Blood Elves because you thought they looked pretty and now you're trying to make them out to be something they're not. Blood Elves and Nightbourne were addicts and rejects, nothing more.

The Night Elves would never have stood for the Nightborne joining the Alliance and that's exactly the same reason High Elves haven't formally joined the Alliance and instead some odd Blood Elf race and lore was created to give them to the Horde instead. Look up High Elf models in vanilla on YouTube. Go for that aesthetic matey.
    Last edited by Sharnie786; 2020-07-06 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Damn, you did better than me. I must have gone into BfA mode on Wowhead for Nightborne or something since I couldn't find golden eyes.

Did you try void elves too? I did and it did not take long before I got confirmed that we already knew that they are not even close to be an Azshara lookalike. High Elves are supposed to be the majestic race but seeing Azshara and the new Night Elf customizations its quite cool to see how little details you need for Night Elves being a contender for that.
    Oh I just copy pasta'd the night elf golden eyes onto the nightborne lol.

I looked at a void elf female but it wasn't even worth including. They look so far removed from Azshara and they will never get golden eyes so they are basically a non-starter imo.

Night elf is pretty clearly the choice. She was never altered under the dome like the nightborne so she was never a nightborne so they wouldn't be a good choice, void elves would probably be the worst choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Night elf is pretty clearly the choice. She was never altered under the dome like the nightborne so she was never a nightborne so they wouldn't be a good choice, void elves would probably be the worst choice.
    He still thinks Void Elves are a better choice than Nelves

Definitely Alori. She has a lot of experience with negotiating alliances and diplomacy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, Vol'jin was recently alive and very much darkspear troll identifiable

Azshara was an elf 10,000 years ago, and the night elves are 10k years away from that type of elf. Because blizzard changed the night elf lore. Maybe at first they were the same type of elf, but they are not.
    DUDE lol I was laughing at you for taking my mechagnomes and trolls post as actually serious.

God, what is wrong with you?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    DUDE lol I was laughing at you for taking my mechagnomes and trolls post as actually serious.

God, what is wrong with you?
    Nothing, it's just how i view things and wanted to make a non-night elf Azshara - cos I thinkblizzard killed the original night elf sometime in wow, and now it's a forest elf, that's not really what Azshara is.