Poll: How fast would KT die on a brand new server with gates already open?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Leveling took a while due to sheer numbers alone, so I'd say a 100% committed group of people forming a full-roster raid group that knew what the fuck was going on the fights would take NO LONGER than 2 months, but considering how absolutely ridiculous dedicated the best of the best are at this game, I wouldn't be surprised if it were cleared within a month.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I personally think that concept to be absurd, and totally counter to the spirit of the question.

The objective hurdles of an entire raid taking a collective 24k damage/second seems very steep to me, I don't see it happening in 2 weeks.
    With all due respect I don't believe in the spirit of a question, especially when you're looking for a definitive yes or no. There needs to be clearly defined limits or the question is not worth asking, if you don't have boundaries to work within you're just making guesswork at the end of the day.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I thought MC would take until the second week to finish.

I was wrong.

After seeing how high the DPS was through MC, I don't think Naxx is that much of a problem. I think a guild will still do it within two weeks, because the DPS checks aren't nearly as hard as people may think.
    It kinda becomes a math problem in naxx to an extent. The thing is that pserver guilds are used to overtuned raids.

MC and BWL in classic are considerably easier and I can see AQ and Naxx being the same but even still, especially in Naxx, some bosses have unavoidable mechanics that do require your raid to have appropriate numbers.

No pserver ever released content like this thread is discussing but I believe it would take around 3 weeks to 1 month to get everything done.

In classic though, naxx is getting cleared day 1, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    With all due respect I don't believe in the spirit of a question, especially when you're looking for a definitive yes or no. There needs to be clearly defined limits or the question is not worth asking, if you don't have boundaries to work within you're just making guesswork at the end of the day.
    I respect asking for clarity on the question, however i'm not going to argue from the perspective of "what if 400 people funnel 40", it's unrealistic.

If you want some insight on Sapphiron, take Vael as an example, he does approx 600 damage/2 seconds on a static raid with unlimited HP.

But then take the same fight, but remove the infinite mana, double the raid damage, include a lot of movement and careful positioning and then make it a 10 minute fight.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Zero idea. Man...I was so wrong predicting how fast it would be to get to 60 and then wrong how fast they could kill Rag. Now BWL (ofc with time to gear up) went down in 45 mins.

I mean..didn't 4H require 7-8 warrior tanks (and 7 was risky) with a full set bonus for taunts never to miss? That would take ages already. Or can everything be cheesed / facerolled now because people just have figured everything out?

I guess we will see again when AQ is open.
    Yes, that 7 horsemen stuff is a meme

It really depends, the problem is we never saw BWL "progress" with pre-raid bis nor will we see AQ40 with pre-raid BiS. I am not sure about BWL, but I really doubt that pre raid BiS is enough for AQ40, just due to the healers having like 4k mana in preraid. I'd say you need atleast a mix of MC/BWL stuff for naxx + I am not sure how the taunt hit situation will play out regarding 4H.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Zero idea. Man...I was so wrong predicting how fast it would be to get to 60 and then wrong how fast they could kill Rag. Now BWL (ofc with time to gear up) went down in 45 mins.

I mean..didn't 4H require 7-8 warrior tanks (and 7 was risky) with a full set bonus for taunts never to miss? That would take ages already. Or can everything be cheesed / facerolled now because people just have figured everything out?

I guess we will see again when AQ is open.
    You bypass the warrior hit problem with the fishing boss trinket from ZG.
    Last edited by Nite92; 2020-07-02 at 07:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another problem that was not mentioned: Even if you are lucky with drops from other raids and you try to avoid some mechanics through spamming every consumable the game offers you still would have to farm all those mats for yourself and also grind all the recipes. If the server is fresh there is just very few supply and gold at this point you may draw on.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedo View Post
    I find this more interesting than watching Mythic+ races. It would be good to see what a group of people could do within, say 30-60 days.
    I would like grind marathons too, but you cant expect that from the majority of the CASUAL players.
    People cry and moan as soon as something starts to take more than just a week in the current MMO and everything above 2-3 weeks is allready called "impossible to do".

Honestly the best of this mini-game was present in parts of LEGION with the AP grind, but it got shut down till BfA.

And classic playerbase is far more casual as retails, so there is that huge gap with any event like you and I honestly wish for.

If you want competitive and long duration gaming, retails endless M+ with a worldwide realtime competition is the best thing you can take part or watch. The issue with mythic+ watching is that some 15min runs need 1 hour long explaining to the plays alone, because multiple things from multiple players happen at the same time and everything is timing relevant, so it is hard to follow and easy to miss/not understand.

The better mythic+ groups get, the harder viewers will understand the route/strategy and big plays. Its simply not dumbed down for viewers.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-07-02 at 08:56 AM.
    -

3+ Year Old Account
    45 days. 20chars

This would be fun to watch and follow along. TO take it even further to retail. How fast do you think people can clear the game? Starting with vanilla content all the way up to BfA.

Basic rules could be:
    you can't level into the next expansion until you clear all the raids of the previous expansion
    You have to clear a raid before moving onto the next in order of release?
    Clear all dungeons before going into a raid? (probably not this one, even though it will probably be done anyway)

Logistically this would be very hard to achieve and be challenging as well. The games changed so much I'd imaging the first 5 - 6 expansions would be a cake walk with how differently classes function. Unless during each expansion the game is rolled back to those settings (Seeing how hard classic was to get going, I'm sure the next few expansions will be just as hard).

Obviously just a fun idea to propose

I feel like one week is a bit short,really,but I would expect it to fall during the second reset for sure

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    first week would be leveling and zerging trough MC, Onyxia, ZG, BWL, and probably AQ (depends if the server comes with gates open)

Second week would be re-running all the raids and smashing into Naxx

2 weeks is my guess but I would give it a benefit of the doubt with 3 weeks

If you take into consideration that Hakkar + all priests was done with BWL gear while it was never achieved in Vanilla with naxx gear tells something

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a tough question to answer honestly. Considering people had enough water to complete Ragnaros the first week, in addition to finishing the Onyxia attunement, you're not actually adding much getting BWL attuned considering it's right outside of UBRS. Naxxaramas attunement requires at least honored with Argent Dawn with a downward scaling amount of materials for each reputation level you reach beyond honored.

It absolutely can't be done in a single week because there's literally not enough time to level and smash out every single raid. The group that did it when classic released only had something like a day and a half left before reset? That said, assuming roughly the same timeline, you could absolutely clear BWL, ZG, AQ20 and quite possibly a lot of AQ40 as well. I'm reluctant to give the entirety of AQ40 being cleared on the first reset because a few of those bosses hit incredibly hard, and it realistically might come down to how lucky your tanks get in the first reset as well.

I just wouldn't think there's enough reasonable time to clear all of those raids, in addition to getting honored with Argent dawn to get attuned to Naxxaramas in the same reset. At honored it requires 5 arcane crystals per member in addition to nexus crystals, which realistically, you aren't going to be disenchanting epics on the first few resets. Revered lowers the cost a bit, with exalted being free, but I don't see people getting exalted or revered with all of the other checklists you have to complete on the first reset.

If I had to guess, everything would be cleared except for Naxxaramas and 1/2 of AQ40 on the first reset, with AQ40 and a good portion of Naxxaramas bosses dropping on the second reset. Naxxaramas would be cleared on the third reset probably, with it absolutely being cleared on the fourth.

Presumably such a guild in a race would basically have a monopoly over every single world boss during these times too, which is going to supplement your gear by a crazy degree. Something that might be overlooked however is that in such a 'race', I doubt people have time to level multiple characters for doing splits runs, and with zero release schedule you aren't going to have a massive amount of world buffs to take advantage of. Guilds like these barely exist, so they would have to make the most of the world buffs they get, as their raid group is likely going to be the only ones really providing them (in a limited number) until the third or fourth week. That makes the question a bit more interesting because you really have to take advantage of the world buffs you have, and you have to choose which raid to use them on.

An eventual server existing where you're locked into content until you complete the dungeons and raids in order would be pretty fun, although I would likely axe classic simply because it's jarring going from a roster of over 40 people, to 25 and eventually 20. What would those other 15 people do, ride the bench, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post

If you take into consideration that Hakkar + all priests was done with BWL gear while it was never achieved in Vanilla with naxx gear tells something
    World first HM Hakkar was done with something like 16 Grand Marshal +3 Thunderfuries.

GM gear is somewhere inbetween AQ and Naxx gear, some of the pieces are outright comparable to naxx gear.

Either way, HM Hakkar isn't that hard of an encounter in Classic, it's certainly not comparable to any of the hard bosses in Naxx.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2020-07-02 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I feel like one week is a bit short,really,but I would expect it to fall during the second reset for sure
    I disagree. I mean the mechanics aren't hard but you're talking about trying to live through Sapphiron's unavoidable frost damage for ten minutes with only two weeks worth of BWL gear? Loatheb's DPS check with 0-1 C'Thun kills? Getting a tank through Maexxna's 6-second stun while still wearing greens and blues?

No way.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I disagree. I mean the mechanics aren't hard but you're talking about trying to live through Sapphiron's unavoidable frost damage for ten minutes with only two weeks worth of BWL gear? Loatheb's DPS check with 0-1 C'Thun kills? Getting a tank through Maexxna's 6-second stun while still wearing greens and blues?

No way.
    people had already beaten the Loatheb DPS check before BWL even came out tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    They did Molten Core in, what, 5-6 days? Add in clearing the other raids to get a bit more gear, Naxx would probably go down in the second reset.

You underestimate the most hardcore guilds, what they are willing to do.
    4H req 7-8 tanks geared right?
    Ye, then they would recruit players that would fulfill the sole purpose of doing split raids, so they can funnel gear faster.
    They'd run 4x AQ40 with 2 main warriors in each raid instead of one raid.

Classic raids were easy. The game was more about getting to those raids itself (long leveling, long gearing process, long attunements) rather than having extremely difficult bosses requiring hundreds of attemps like we do today.

I forget if I bothered to write this out in the OP, but I was picturing a scenario where each raid group was on a server basically by itself for a month, and multi-boxing wasn't allowed. So they could have all the best farming spots but no help from other players for arcanite, lionheart plans, edgemaster's, split runs, etc.

What are the Loatheb numbers again? Because I know DPS has gone up a lot but I can't find the post where I saw it; I thought Loatheb in particular still wasn't a pushover.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the question really is "are there things in Naxx that simply can't be done mathematically with the gear we have now?" It doesn't matter how many attempts you're willing to make if a boss will one shot your tank(s) given the tanks' current hp and armor. Likewise, if the raid damage on a boss simply cannot be healed through given current mana pools and regen, you're wiping.

If that's not the case, then I'd say the no life brigade would get it by the second reset.