Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mil...isarmament_Act

The de-militiarlization was proposed from the very moment the New Republic formed. They used it to help convince the Imperials to sign the peace treaty and because of the values the New Republic was standing for. Where the Chancellor didn't control military might. It didn't all occur with in a month of the end of the war. But did start there as Mon Mothma is also saying that they needed to stay vigilant of threats for a while after the treaty was signed. The resistence wasn't formed unil 28 ABY so there were still some Military strength and wasn't instantly done a month later. But again a month, or whatever time doesn't matter. They wanted to have a peace, and not military might, government. A stupid choice in hindsight but politics are politics.

No where has the lore stated a wayfinder is required to do in the moment calculations. It has only ever been needed to find the place when people don't know how to get there. You even contradict yourself by saying Rey could transmit the route with out each ship needing the wayfinder. Which means once a person travels there they can simply share the route. The Wayfinder, as you just stated, is simply for people that do not know how to get there.

The movies actually have her transmitting her path, as she takes it, to the Resistance. Finn literally says she is showing us the way as it cuts to shots of her navigating the space surrounding the planet. We know the path can't change otherwise the Sith Wayfinders would be useless if not constantly updated. So once you know the path you know it. Which is also how Kylo gets there. Since he destroyed the Deathstar Wayfinder, and Rey took his.

A Sith would certainly tell Kylo anything they need to in order to fulfill their goals. The question is did you watch the movies because Palapatine still had Anakin using the light side of the force while he was slowly corrupting him and guiding him to the dark side of the force.
    They started disarming a month after the official end of the war. Clearly I'm not saying they disabled all ships and got all the military personal new jobs in a month. I'm saying they said "jobs done" after a month of "peace" and then started shutting shit down. And this occurs after they wait several months before they launch their final attack. If it takes you 6 months to plan an attack why wouldn't you assume the enemy might take equally long to do a counter attack??

A path through what is basically a mine field. Its not to find where to go its to find how to get through. I never contradicted myself cause no body could do that shit from memory. If a ship recorded how to get through the mine field they could use that path but its not like Rey herself knows you go to quadrant 6 to get to Exegol which is what it sounds like you are saying. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what your saying and we are actually saying the same thing. I'm saying you need it to navigate a maze(then send the path to your buddies) while it sounds like you are saying the wayfinder said Exegol is at (23.6, 99.81)

Snoke already had Kylo while Palpatine still didn't have Anakin and both people were being corrupted in different circumstances. Kylo being told see look how your evil Uncle was going to kill you just because you had a lil dark in you, while Anakin was being told hey I heard the Sith can save loved ones.

But if consistency is the goal then why are you prescribing things to "rule of cool" more then "space magic"? That is the point that I believe they were getting at. That people pick and choose when "rule of cool" or "space magic" applies with out consistency. It all depends on what they like and how the perceive the stuff. Star Wars is all just a mish mash of silly stories that don't really match up under scrutiny.

They will never make 100% logical sense. And decisions and stuff will seem dumb. Like why send the Deathstar to blow up Yavin 4? Why not cruise to some of the planets supporting the rebels? Or the whole "one straight shaft to the core no one ever noticed that proton torpedo can be guided to with the force by an inexperienced force user".

I think the disconnect here is "space magic" and consistency are not mutually exclusive. Consistency just means don't change how space magic works constantly to fit the new narrative. It removes all tension from a story when every situation can be solved by ever changing space magic.

Other than some minor issues (IE Obi-wan wasn't trained by Yoda like he claimed in ESB) how do the original 6 movies not hold up to scrutiny?

Like why send the Deathstar to blow up Yavin 4?

Why wouldn't they go to Yavin 4 first? The rebels are there, the plans are there. Remove the threat then continue on to the other planets if need be.

Or the whole "one straight shaft to the core no one ever noticed that proton torpedo can be guided to with the force by an inexperienced force user"

I'm confused what your issue with this is? Is it that there was a design flaw with the Death Star in the first place or was it the fact that Luke made the shot? Side note, Luke didn't guide the torpedo with the force. He used the force to know when to take his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    A path through what is basically a mine field. Its not to find where to go its to find how to get through. I never contradicted myself cause no body could do that shit from memory. If a ship recorded how to get through the mine field they could use that path but its not like Rey herself knows you go to quadrant 6 to get to Exegol which is what it sounds like you are saying. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what your saying and we are actually saying the same thing. I'm saying you need it to navigate a maze(then send the path to your buddies) while it sounds like you are saying the wayfinder said Exegol is at (23.6, 99.81)
    You are saying something completely different now then what you originally were saying. You kept arguing that you need a wayfinder to travel to and from Exegol. So the son, snoke, everyone who left didn't make sense. That isn't true. The Wayfinders are the map. Once you know the way you know the way. Your navigational computer can record and store what the wayfinder transmitted. Just as happened with Rey. She transmitted navigation course markers to the Resistance. So if someone has those course markers they don't need a wayfinder.

So anyone can travel to or from Exegol if they already have the route. The Wayfinders provide the route and nothing more. It doesn't matter if Snoke had X or if it was different circumstances. You said a Sith won't encourage a person to use the light side of the force. We know that is a lie because Sidious still encourage Anakin to use the Light side for a time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I think the disconnect here is "space magic" and consistency are not mutually exclusive. Consistency just means don't change how space magic works constantly to fit the new narrative. It removes all tension from a story when every situation can be solved by ever changing space magic.

Other than some minor issues (IE Obi-wan wasn't trained by Yoda like he claimed in ESB) how do the original 6 movies not hold up to scrutiny?

Like why send the Deathstar to blow up Yavin 4?

Why wouldn't they go to Yavin 4 first? The rebels are there, the plans are there. Remove the threat then continue on to the other planets if need be.

Or the whole "one straight shaft to the core no one ever noticed that proton torpedo can be guided to with the force by an inexperienced force user"

I'm confused what your issue with this is? Is it that there was a design flaw with the Death Star in the first place or was it the fact that Luke made the shot? Side note, Luke didn't guide the torpedo with the force. He used the force to know when to take his shot.
    Oh I can do the Death Star. Why didn't the Empire just jump in range of Yavin 4 or lead with a assault first. Why expose your neck as much as they did in ANH especially when they knew they lost the initiative?

Why would Palpatine commit basically the same mistake as the DS1 where he allowed his fleet to amass at a single point of failure? A point of failure that wasn't even complete. You would have think they would have quadrupled the garrison around the DS2 and not allow leadership around it until it was finished.

Why would a Sith try to recruit his apprentices son while having his apprentice kill the son at the same time. Anyone could see the conflict of interest. Of course the apprentice would take the opportunity to overthrow his master with with the ideal apprentice standing right in front of him. It's not like Vader wasn't carrying the Imperial military at that point (and that's before extra material fleshed out the details).

How was that no one knew Leia was Force sensitive until RotJ but sensing Luke was easy?

Everything thing about Ewoks. Every gahdamn thing.

That still doesn't explain why you used "rule of cool" arbitrary instead of using "space magic". That is the problem. You are hand waving away the very problem being talked about because you want to call it "rule of cool" instead of acknowledging that space magic is used to solve problems all the time. Pretty much every situation in Star Wars is solved by space magic, or some other equally silly thing. There is no real tension.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Oh I can do the Death Star. Why didn't the Empire just jump in range of Yavin 4 or lead with a assault first. Why expose your neck as much as they did in ANH especially when they knew they lost the initiative?
    They tried to jump into range of the rebel base but due to the movement of planets and moons the mass of Yavin (the gas giant) pulled the Deathstar out of hyperspace while Yavin 4 was on the other side of the planet which then meant they had to go the long way around. This is my best guess for what happened because its not explained in the film itself.

I don't get why you think they lost the initiative. They placed a beacon on the Falcon specifically to learn the location of the Rebel base so they could blow up the planet it was on and end the rebellion. It wasn't until well after the attack was underway that they learned their could be a danger to the Deathstar. Specifically Gold Squadron make a run on the trench, shortly after one of the officers briefs Tarkin that there is a danger to the station. At this point they are around 3 minutes away from being able to fire on Yavin 4. The rebels are still fighting an uphill battle against the station on very limited time. The Empire still has the initiative.

Why would Palpatine commit basically the same mistake as the DS1 where he allowed his fleet to amass at a single point of failure? A point of failure that wasn't even complete. You would have think they would have quadrupled the garrison around the DS2 and not allow leadership around it until it was finished.
    Literally spelled out in the movie.

https://imgur.com/AWoEjvH

Why would a Sith try to recruit his apprentices son while having his apprentice kill the son at the same time. Anyone could see the conflict of interest. Of course the apprentice would take the opportunity to overthrow his master with with the ideal apprentice standing right in front of him. It's not like Vader wasn't carrying the Imperial military at that point (and that's before extra material fleshed out the details).
    Palpatine clearly wants the strongest apprentice possible by pitting the two against each other not only do you achieve this, but you also eliminate a threat. Win win.You said "Of course the apprentice would take the opportunity to overthrow his master" but in the film Vader is clearly conflicted on helping Luke or not while Palpatine is frying him with lightning. He is looking back and forth between the two weighing his options. If all goes well the rebellion is about to be crushed, Vader not being there to carry the military isn't a big deal.

How was that no one knew Leia was Force sensitive until RotJ but sensing Luke was easy?
    Huh?

Everything thing about Ewoks. Every gahdamn thing.
    The original idea was for it to be Wookies, but Ewoks are cute and make money.

- - - Updated - - -

That still doesn't explain why you used "rule of cool" arbitrary instead of using "space magic". That is the problem. You are hand waving away the very problem being talked about because you want to call it "rule of cool" instead of acknowledging that space magic is used to solve problems all the time. Pretty much every situation in Star Wars is solved by space magic, or some other equally silly thing. There is no real tension.
    When did I say rule of cool? Like this entire argument revolves around me trying to split hairs between the two concepts and I can't find when i even said that.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2020-07-24 at 05:07 PM.

You are saying something completely different now then what you originally were saying. You kept arguing that you need a wayfinder to travel to and from Exegol. So the son, snoke, everyone who left didn't make sense. That isn't true. The Wayfinders are the map. Once you know the way you know the way. Your navigational computer can record and store what the wayfinder transmitted. Just as happened with Rey. She transmitted navigation course markers to the Resistance. So if someone has those course markers they don't need a wayfinder.

So anyone can travel to or from Exegol if they already have the route. The Wayfinders provide the route and nothing more. It doesn't matter if Snoke had X or if it was different circumstances. You said a Sith won't encourage a person to use the light side of the force. We know that is a lie because Sidious still encourage Anakin to use the Light side for a time.
    The Final Order needed nav beacons to get out. You clearly aren't understanding my point. If it was just a simple map then the first order could have been leaving easily this whole time, and if it was because the there were a fuck ton of ships and they didn't want to send 10 out to wait and protect the others until they were all out then how come a thousand rebel ships were able to get through easily? Why wouldn't Palpatine have waited till all the Star Destroyers got out of the area before announcing himself? It's a plothole. If the safe path changes from time to time it could possibly make a little more sense and you could argue that Palpatine would be ok sending a bunch of smaller ships and people to die to chart a new path and so wouldn't need a new wayfinder but then you would still need to explain how Rey knew the path would last long enough to let the resistance come back her up.

I said the circumstances for Snoke and Palpatine were different. "Snoke was fascinated with Ren,[4] not only for his apprentice's inherent potential for limitless power[29] but also because he regarded him as the embodiment of the dark side and the light,[10] and encouraged Ren to use the teachings of both.[30] Despite this, Snoke adhered to the dark side and viewed the light as the weak and pathetic side of the Force."

"While not trained as a Sith;[11] Snoke was nonetheless an extraordinarily powerful and skilled Force-sensitive, having great mastery—equally as impressive and terrifying[40]—over the powers of the Force and was particularly strong with the dark side.[7] His teachings blended traditions of both the dark and light sides."

Honestly at this point I've already proven you wrong with a hundred different things like you saying there wasn't mini deathstar tech and that Palpatine had died when in fact he transferred his essence to a clone before the deathstar blew up and this is getting tiring so if I still haven't convinced you with this last post with actual quotes/facts just consider it a "win".

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The Final Order needed nav beacons to get out. You clearly aren't understanding my point. If it was just a simple map then the first order could have been leaving easily this whole time, and if it was because the there were a fuck ton of ships and they didn't want to send 10 out to wait and protect the others until they were all out then how come a thousand rebel ships were able to get through easily?
    The first order could leave and go any time they wanted. How do you think they got their fleet in or out? The Sith Wayfinder is just a map. Watch the movies. Rey needs it because she doesn't know the way and transmits course markings to the Resistence. They get there without needing their own Wayfinder because the course was marked in their computers.

They needed a navigation beacon to send the ships off planet. That is also why none of those star destroyers had shields up. Because the planets atmosphere was stopping them from being able to use the shields. It is an entirely dumb plot point that the ships were not built with the ability to take off from a planet on their own. But that is the only reason why they needed a navigation beacon. It wasn't to travel away from the Exegol system. Why didn't Palpatine wait? Because he is arrogant. It doesn't matter. Villians act dumb all the time. Why didn't they wait to blow up Hosnian system until they had their star destroyers ready? Why didn't they wait till they found the resistance base then blow them up first? Dumb acts is not the same as a plot hole.

It doesn't matter if the circumstances between Palpatine and Snoke were different. They both encouraged people to use whatever side of the force fit their goals at the time. You are the one that said a Sith users would not encourage someone to use the light side of the force as a reason for why Snoke can not be a Sith. Circumstances don't matter as you made an absolute statement.

All you are doing is putting your fingers in your ears and going "I'm right your wrong" and trying to throw the few things I was mistaken about back at me as if it proves everything I've said is wrong. You've also been wrong a few times but normal conversation doesn't have people throwing it around as insults. Mistakes happen. You make them. I make them. Try to have a civil discussion and not get so worked up over not being 100% correct on fictional lore all the time.

The first order could leave and go any time they wanted. How do you think they got their fleet in or out? The Sith Wayfinder is just a map. Watch the movies. Rey needs it because she doesn't know the way and transmits course markings to the Resistence. They get there without needing their own Wayfinder because the course was marked in their computers.

They needed a navigation beacon to send the ships off planet. That is also why none of those star destroyers had shields up. Because the planets atmosphere was stopping them from being able to use the shields. It is an entirely dumb plot point that the ships were not built with the ability to take off from a planet on their own. But that is the only reason why they needed a navigation beacon. It wasn't to travel away from the Exegol system. Why didn't Palpatine wait? Because he is arrogant. It doesn't matter. Villians act dumb all the time. Why didn't they wait to blow up Hosnian system until they had their star destroyers ready? Why didn't they wait till they found the resistance base then blow them up first? Dumb acts is not the same as a plot hole.

It doesn't matter if the circumstances between Palpatine and Snoke were different. They both encouraged people to use whatever side of the force fit their goals at the time. You are the one that said a Sith users would not encourage someone to use the light side of the force as a reason for why Snoke can not be a Sith. Circumstances don't matter as you made an absolute statement.

All you are doing is putting your fingers in your ears and going "I'm right your wrong" and trying to throw the few things I was mistaken about back at me as if it proves everything I've said is wrong. You've also been wrong a few times but normal conversation doesn't have people throwing it around as insults. Mistakes happen. You make them. I make them. Try to have a civil discussion and not get so worked up over not being 100% correct on fictional lore all the time.
    It just now occurred to me that there's only months between Star Killer and the Star Destroyers from Exegal. What was JJ thinking...

It just now occurred to me that there's only months between Star Killer and the Star Destroyers from Exegal. What was JJ thinking...
    The Exogol fleet has been in production since after RotJ supposedly. Of course there is no way to know that from watching the movie. xD

The Exogol fleet has been in production since after RotJ supposedly. Of course there is no way to know that from watching the movie. xD
    Did they really need to say anything? It was clear that Exegol was already there to recieve Palpatine's essence right after his death, with all the cloning facilities. The ships look like old Imperial-class Star Destroyers instead of First Order Star Destroyers. It was a hint that the fleet was rather old and waiting to be deployed. They even looked like Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, the ones we see in A New Hope. To me, it was obvious that Palpatine was already building that fleet before Return of the Jedi.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Did they really need to say anything? It was clear that Exegol was already there to recieve Palpatine's essence right after his death, with all the cloning facilities. The ships look like old Imperial-class Star Destroyers instead of First Order Star Destroyers. It was a hint that the fleet was rather old and waiting to be deployed. They even looked like Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, the ones we see in A New Hope. To me, it was obvious that Palpatine was already building that fleet before Return of the Jedi.
    The point I was commenting on was why didn't Palpatine launch start killer and the SDs are the same time if the events only happened months apart? The other stuff doesn't bother me except the timeline between the reveal of the two weapons. JJ should or invalidated both of his weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    They probably felt the need to since nothing about that fleet really made any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

The point I was commenting on was why didn't Palpatine launch start killer and the SDs are the same time if the events only happened months apart? The other stuff doesn't bother me except the timeline between the reveal of the two weapons. JJ should or invalidated both of his weapons.
    In universe answer: The First Order was there to destabilize the galaxy in preparation for Final Order to swoop in and take control.
    Out of Universe answer: The DT is a convoluted mess that makes little to no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If true,
    Could we be seeing an appropriate sequel to Luke Skywalker's [EP. 4,5, & 6] Era? How will they do this without Carrie? Or we will get a prequel to the prequel and leave 4,5 and 6 alone?

Source: https://www.deseret.com/entertainmen...e-of-skywalker
    To be honest it’s easy to do this without Carrie.

Just use another actress that looks closer to what you g Carrie did than real Carrie does in current sequel trilogy. Hell Carrie even sounded different due to age and drugs in the sequels than she did in the original.

Also minimise her role if you can’t find a convincing enough alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hamil, Ford, and Fisher won't show up. Nor will the likeness of their characters in CGI.

Next thing on the corporate film franchise docket: reboots! They're gonna remake the original trilogy within the next ten years, with new actors. And it will be shit. Lol Leia is probably going to be a stronk female character who needs no man and does everything herself. Luke will become a beta cuck. More gratuitous scenes of Vader murdering everybody. Ewoks will be replaced with Wookies. SUBVERSION! Post-modernist nihilism like in TLJ and modern politicking. Expect a gay character. The media shills will praise it as high art and it will get 95% from the critics on rotten tomatoes. The dissenters will be demonized as "entitled bigots" and user scores on rotten tomatoes will be deleted for the first couple of weeks. The movies will do okay with a new generation who had never grown up with the Lucas films and the old fans will be too old to bother talking online or pointing the new generation to the old films and the EU.
    I liked this. Thought it was funny. It would most likely go like this if the current show runners of Star Wars sequel did the remake.

However if some of the original makers incl Lucas came back and made a reboot sequel trilogy that enhanced the EU too rather than discarded it, it could actually be a huge success and net Disney a lot of money.

If it was great, all the old EU material suddenly gains value again and people will be excited about new Star Wars content like never before.

If could also be a failure too, however with all the hate directed at the sequels and the love directed at the Mandalorian, I think a reboot trilogy could be very good.

If the makers have the same love and dedication to make a good Star Wars trilogy with the old EU respected in the same manner Jackson’s LotR team had a deep love for Tolkien’s work, they’d do a great job

You have to have love, and a level of humility for the great work. Rather than be a bossy lady wanting to be the Man in charge and change vision - with alpha female matriarch overtures which were tried for the sequels and disappointed far more than they pleased. Destroying their fan base and franchise revenues.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Endus and @Kyphael

People are very excited about this dumb rumour for good reason.

And would you admit that you are mainly concerned that any remake will make things a lot worse than better - especially if the same people that did the disappointing sequels are at the helm of it. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    @Endus and @Kyphael

People are very excited about this dumb rumour for good reason.

And would you admit that you are mainly concerned that any remake will make things a lot worse than better - especially if the same people that did the disappointing sequels are at the helm of it. Right?
    I generally oppose remakes/reboots. The fetish for remaking classics the last couple decades is frustrating; how many were actually an improvement? Doesn't mean I oppose sequels or spinoffs; expanding upon the prior stuff is totally fine, as long as you're telling a new story, not just "the same thing, in a new place". The Jurassic Park sequels, for instance, did the latter, mostly. The first is still the best of the series, even in terms of effects.

Would I like to see Favreau's take on Star Wars? Absolutely. The man's highly talented and has a great eye for what makes an IP great. The Mandalorian is some of the best Star Wars content we've ever gotten. Maybe the best.

Do I want him to do a reboot/time travel nonsense to "erase" episodes 7-9? No. That won't please anyone. There are good elements to pull from in those films, though mostly the first two; things like making the Dark Side a constant temptation rather than just a hand-waved "I kick puppies and thus am EVUL" thing. I still say we'd have been better off letting Rian Johnson write the whole trilogy; TLJ had the only real new ideas, even if the execution wasn't perfect.

Do I think Favreau could do a kick-ass series set 1000 years later in the timeline than the Skywalker Saga? Absolutely. Wipe the slate clean, Jedi and Sith are legends told in whispers. Take all the building blocks in Star Wars and build something new out of them. Look at the success of games like KOTOR or the TOR MMO; we don't need Skywalkers to enjoy Star Wars.

I've heard rumors they want to do the High Republic era, between the Old Republic and the Empire, but seriously, why? You can't change anything that affects the Empire era. You're closer to the canon of the Old Republic, so that'll just piss fans off too if you screw it up. Why set a story there? That seems to have no benefits whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I generally oppose remakes/reboots. The fetish for remaking classics the last couple decades is frustrating; how many were actually an improvement? Doesn't mean I oppose sequels or spinoffs; expanding upon the prior stuff is totally fine, as long as you're telling a new story, not just "the same thing, in a new place". The Jurassic Park sequels, for instance, did the latter, mostly. The first is still the best of the series, even in terms of effects.

Would I like to see Favreau's take on Star Wars? Absolutely. The man's highly talented and has a great eye for what makes an IP great. The Mandalorian is some of the best Star Wars content we've ever gotten. Maybe the best.

Do I want him to do a reboot/time travel nonsense to "erase" episodes 7-9? No. That won't please anyone. There are good elements to pull from in those films, though mostly the first two; things like making the Dark Side a constant temptation rather than just a hand-waved "I kick puppies and thus am EVUL" thing. I still say we'd have been better off letting Rian Johnson write the whole trilogy; TLJ had the only real new ideas, even if the execution wasn't perfect.

Do I think Favreau could do a kick-ass series set 1000 years later in the timeline than the Skywalker Saga? Absolutely. Wipe the slate clean, Jedi and Sith are legends told in whispers. Take all the building blocks in Star Wars and build something new out of them. Look at the success of games like KOTOR or the TOR MMO; we don't need Skywalkers to enjoy Star Wars.

I've heard rumors they want to do the High Republic era, between the Old Republic and the Empire, but seriously, why? You can't change anything that affects the Empire era. You're closer to the canon of the Old Republic, so that'll just piss fans off too if you screw it up. Why set a story there? That seems to have no benefits whatsoever.
    A high republic 1000 years in the future could be like a future version of the old republic, and it lilies Rey’s success as legendary for continuity purposes even though Skywalkers and Oalapatines hold no relevance.

I do like the family dynastic legacy the Skywalkers has, but no, they aren’t necessary for Star Wars to be good. They were a nice touch though.

I don’t think they need a reboot, because I think the sequels are the reboot.

I don’t think they need to cancel them, but they’d be wise to somehow allow their old EU to be valid. Needless waste that still has 3 decades worth of material that can still generate money if a way can be found to have both valid and running.

It is Sci-fi after all I wouldn’t mind mind the better fate for the Skywalkers being real and the Rey stuff sequels also having happened and the Force corruption that caused it bring the two together and new stuff leaping forward a millennia leaving it all behind.

We see younglings train in a group, that implie that a jedi-to-be, can have several teacher. Hence Qui-Gon Jinn was Obi-wan last teatcher not his only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    We see younglings train in a group, that implie that a jedi-to-be, can have several teacher. Hence Qui-Gon Jinn was Obi-wan last teatcher not his only one.
    That's true, and not only that, he could have been Yoda's apprentice later on and for some reason had o change masters.

Also when Qui-gon died, Yoda could have been his master briefly

As someone who can't stand anything live action that Disney has done with Star Wars other than Rogue One and The Mandalorian (who where both great), I emphatically do NOT want a reboot of the last film trilogy, regardless of who is in charge. What's done is done, as shite as it is, take your lessons on board and try to make better with what you will surely be serving us for years to come.