Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The first order could leave and go any time they wanted. How do you think they got their fleet in or out? The Sith Wayfinder is just a map. Watch the movies. Rey needs it because she doesn't know the way and transmits course markings to the Resistence. They get there without needing their own Wayfinder because the course was marked in their computers.

They needed a navigation beacon to send the ships off planet. That is also why none of those star destroyers had shields up. Because the planets atmosphere was stopping them from being able to use the shields. It is an entirely dumb plot point that the ships were not built with the ability to take off from a planet on their own. But that is the only reason why they needed a navigation beacon. It wasn't to travel away from the Exegol system. Why didn't Palpatine wait? Because he is arrogant. It doesn't matter. Villians act dumb all the time. Why didn't they wait to blow up Hosnian system until they had their star destroyers ready? Why didn't they wait till they found the resistance base then blow them up first? Dumb acts is not the same as a plot hole.

It doesn't matter if the circumstances between Palpatine and Snoke were different. They both encouraged people to use whatever side of the force fit their goals at the time. You are the one that said a Sith users would not encourage someone to use the light side of the force as a reason for why Snoke can not be a Sith. Circumstances don't matter as you made an absolute statement.

All you are doing is putting your fingers in your ears and going "I'm right your wrong" and trying to throw the few things I was mistaken about back at me as if it proves everything I've said is wrong. You've also been wrong a few times but normal conversation doesn't have people throwing it around as insults. Mistakes happen. You make them. I make them. Try to have a civil discussion and not get so worked up over not being 100% correct on fictional lore all the time.
    It just now occurred to me that there's only months between Star Killer and the Star Destroyers from Exegal. What was JJ thinking...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It just now occurred to me that there's only months between Star Killer and the Star Destroyers from Exegal. What was JJ thinking...
    The Exogol fleet has been in production since after RotJ supposedly. Of course there is no way to know that from watching the movie. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    The Exogol fleet has been in production since after RotJ supposedly. Of course there is no way to know that from watching the movie. xD
    Did they really need to say anything? It was clear that Exegol was already there to recieve Palpatine's essence right after his death, with all the cloning facilities. The ships look like old Imperial-class Star Destroyers instead of First Order Star Destroyers. It was a hint that the fleet was rather old and waiting to be deployed. They even looked like Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, the ones we see in A New Hope. To me, it was obvious that Palpatine was already building that fleet before Return of the Jedi.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Did they really need to say anything? It was clear that Exegol was already there to recieve Palpatine's essence right after his death, with all the cloning facilities. The ships look like old Imperial-class Star Destroyers instead of First Order Star Destroyers. It was a hint that the fleet was rather old and waiting to be deployed. They even looked like Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, the ones we see in A New Hope. To me, it was obvious that Palpatine was already building that fleet before Return of the Jedi.
    The point I was commenting on was why didn't Palpatine launch start killer and the SDs are the same time if the events only happened months apart? The other stuff doesn't bother me except the timeline between the reveal of the two weapons. JJ should or invalidated both of his weapons.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    They probably felt the need to since nothing about that fleet really made any sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The point I was commenting on was why didn't Palpatine launch start killer and the SDs are the same time if the events only happened months apart? The other stuff doesn't bother me except the timeline between the reveal of the two weapons. JJ should or invalidated both of his weapons.
    In universe answer: The First Order was there to destabilize the galaxy in preparation for Final Order to swoop in and take control.
    Out of Universe answer: The DT is a convoluted mess that makes little to no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If true,
    Could we be seeing an appropriate sequel to Luke Skywalker's [EP. 4,5, & 6] Era? How will they do this without Carrie? Or we will get a prequel to the prequel and leave 4,5 and 6 alone?

Source: https://www.deseret.com/entertainmen...e-of-skywalker
    To be honest it’s easy to do this without Carrie.

Just use another actress that looks closer to what you g Carrie did than real Carrie does in current sequel trilogy. Hell Carrie even sounded different due to age and drugs in the sequels than she did in the original.

Also minimise her role if you can’t find a convincing enough alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hamil, Ford, and Fisher won't show up. Nor will the likeness of their characters in CGI.

Next thing on the corporate film franchise docket: reboots! They're gonna remake the original trilogy within the next ten years, with new actors. And it will be shit. Lol Leia is probably going to be a stronk female character who needs no man and does everything herself. Luke will become a beta cuck. More gratuitous scenes of Vader murdering everybody. Ewoks will be replaced with Wookies. SUBVERSION! Post-modernist nihilism like in TLJ and modern politicking. Expect a gay character. The media shills will praise it as high art and it will get 95% from the critics on rotten tomatoes. The dissenters will be demonized as "entitled bigots" and user scores on rotten tomatoes will be deleted for the first couple of weeks. The movies will do okay with a new generation who had never grown up with the Lucas films and the old fans will be too old to bother talking online or pointing the new generation to the old films and the EU.
    I liked this. Thought it was funny. It would most likely go like this if the current show runners of Star Wars sequel did the remake.

However if some of the original makers incl Lucas came back and made a reboot sequel trilogy that enhanced the EU too rather than discarded it, it could actually be a huge success and net Disney a lot of money.

If it was great, all the old EU material suddenly gains value again and people will be excited about new Star Wars content like never before.

If could also be a failure too, however with all the hate directed at the sequels and the love directed at the Mandalorian, I think a reboot trilogy could be very good.

If the makers have the same love and dedication to make a good Star Wars trilogy with the old EU respected in the same manner Jackson’s LotR team had a deep love for Tolkien’s work, they’d do a great job

You have to have love, and a level of humility for the great work. Rather than be a bossy lady wanting to be the Man in charge and change vision - with alpha female matriarch overtures which were tried for the sequels and disappointed far more than they pleased. Destroying their fan base and franchise revenues.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Endus and @Kyphael

People are very excited about this dumb rumour for good reason.

And would you admit that you are mainly concerned that any remake will make things a lot worse than better - especially if the same people that did the disappointing sequels are at the helm of it. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    @Endus and @Kyphael

People are very excited about this dumb rumour for good reason.

And would you admit that you are mainly concerned that any remake will make things a lot worse than better - especially if the same people that did the disappointing sequels are at the helm of it. Right?
    I generally oppose remakes/reboots. The fetish for remaking classics the last couple decades is frustrating; how many were actually an improvement? Doesn't mean I oppose sequels or spinoffs; expanding upon the prior stuff is totally fine, as long as you're telling a new story, not just "the same thing, in a new place". The Jurassic Park sequels, for instance, did the latter, mostly. The first is still the best of the series, even in terms of effects.

Would I like to see Favreau's take on Star Wars? Absolutely. The man's highly talented and has a great eye for what makes an IP great. The Mandalorian is some of the best Star Wars content we've ever gotten. Maybe the best.

Do I want him to do a reboot/time travel nonsense to "erase" episodes 7-9? No. That won't please anyone. There are good elements to pull from in those films, though mostly the first two; things like making the Dark Side a constant temptation rather than just a hand-waved "I kick puppies and thus am EVUL" thing. I still say we'd have been better off letting Rian Johnson write the whole trilogy; TLJ had the only real new ideas, even if the execution wasn't perfect.

Do I think Favreau could do a kick-ass series set 1000 years later in the timeline than the Skywalker Saga? Absolutely. Wipe the slate clean, Jedi and Sith are legends told in whispers. Take all the building blocks in Star Wars and build something new out of them. Look at the success of games like KOTOR or the TOR MMO; we don't need Skywalkers to enjoy Star Wars.

I've heard rumors they want to do the High Republic era, between the Old Republic and the Empire, but seriously, why? You can't change anything that affects the Empire era. You're closer to the canon of the Old Republic, so that'll just piss fans off too if you screw it up. Why set a story there? That seems to have no benefits whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I generally oppose remakes/reboots. The fetish for remaking classics the last couple decades is frustrating; how many were actually an improvement? Doesn't mean I oppose sequels or spinoffs; expanding upon the prior stuff is totally fine, as long as you're telling a new story, not just "the same thing, in a new place". The Jurassic Park sequels, for instance, did the latter, mostly. The first is still the best of the series, even in terms of effects.

Would I like to see Favreau's take on Star Wars? Absolutely. The man's highly talented and has a great eye for what makes an IP great. The Mandalorian is some of the best Star Wars content we've ever gotten. Maybe the best.

Do I want him to do a reboot/time travel nonsense to "erase" episodes 7-9? No. That won't please anyone. There are good elements to pull from in those films, though mostly the first two; things like making the Dark Side a constant temptation rather than just a hand-waved "I kick puppies and thus am EVUL" thing. I still say we'd have been better off letting Rian Johnson write the whole trilogy; TLJ had the only real new ideas, even if the execution wasn't perfect.

Do I think Favreau could do a kick-ass series set 1000 years later in the timeline than the Skywalker Saga? Absolutely. Wipe the slate clean, Jedi and Sith are legends told in whispers. Take all the building blocks in Star Wars and build something new out of them. Look at the success of games like KOTOR or the TOR MMO; we don't need Skywalkers to enjoy Star Wars.

I've heard rumors they want to do the High Republic era, between the Old Republic and the Empire, but seriously, why? You can't change anything that affects the Empire era. You're closer to the canon of the Old Republic, so that'll just piss fans off too if you screw it up. Why set a story there? That seems to have no benefits whatsoever.
    A high republic 1000 years in the future could be like a future version of the old republic, and it lilies Rey’s success as legendary for continuity purposes even though Skywalkers and Oalapatines hold no relevance.

I do like the family dynastic legacy the Skywalkers has, but no, they aren’t necessary for Star Wars to be good. They were a nice touch though.

I don’t think they need a reboot, because I think the sequels are the reboot.

I don’t think they need to cancel them, but they’d be wise to somehow allow their old EU to be valid. Needless waste that still has 3 decades worth of material that can still generate money if a way can be found to have both valid and running.

It is Sci-fi after all I wouldn’t mind mind the better fate for the Skywalkers being real and the Rey stuff sequels also having happened and the Force corruption that caused it bring the two together and new stuff leaping forward a millennia leaving it all behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Other than some minor issues (IE Obi-wan wasn't trained by Yoda like he claimed in ESB) how do the original 6 movies not hold up to scrutiny?
    We see younglings train in a group, that implie that a jedi-to-be, can have several teacher. Hence Qui-Gon Jinn was Obi-wan last teatcher not his only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    We see younglings train in a group, that implie that a jedi-to-be, can have several teacher. Hence Qui-Gon Jinn was Obi-wan last teatcher not his only one.
    That's true, and not only that, he could have been Yoda's apprentice later on and for some reason had o change masters.

Also when Qui-gon died, Yoda could have been his master briefly

As someone who can't stand anything live action that Disney has done with Star Wars other than Rogue One and The Mandalorian (who where both great), I emphatically do NOT want a reboot of the last film trilogy, regardless of who is in charge. What's done is done, as shite as it is, take your lessons on board and try to make better with what you will surely be serving us for years to come.