Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Some thoughts in relation to uncrowned

So in regards to the Uncrowned, I know that Vanessa Vancleef is a member of that organization but my question is, since she is a low ranking member, she serves the Shadows who sit on top. So in theory, can Valeera Sanguinar (who is a Shadow) order Vanessa to become her bodyguard? For example in this hypothetical scenario, could Valeera order Vanessa to accompany her to the Frozen Throne in pre-Shadowlands intro like we see and to covertly protect her there? Does Val have the power to order Vancleef to become her bodyguard while she travels to the Frozen Throne is what i'm wondering.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Assuming the Uncrowned are still an organization post legion; in theory any shadow could give such an order though I'm not sure they would as Vancleefs presence at Icecrown, if discovered, could raise questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Assuming the Uncrowned are still an organization post legion; in theory any shadow could give such an order though I'm not sure they would as Vancleefs presence at Icecrown, if discovered, could raise questions.
    Vancleef is a rogue, if she was (in theory) there protecting Valeera as a bodyguard, we probably wouldn't even know? Since you know the saying, rogues be stealthy.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gurutikka View Post
    Vancleef is a rogue, if she was (in theory) there protecting Valeera as a bodyguard, we probably wouldn't even know? Since you know the saying, rogues be stealthy.
    True, but Vancleefs not very stealthy herself lol
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    This is probably the most niche question I've ever heard

I-.. I guess? Assuming noone above Valeera has any need of Vanessa and having Vanessa serve as bodyguard somehow is in the interests of the Uncrowned then sure??
    What if Vancleef decides that she doesn't want to be the bodyguard of Valeera and accompany her to the Frozen Throne, then what would happen in theory?

- - - Updated - - -

True, but Vancleefs not very stealthy herself lol
    Does Valeera have the power to order Vancleef to be her bodyguard or does that order have to be directly from the leader of the Shadows?

What if hypothetically (in theory) this question had nothing to do with the lore and everything to do with the OPs *ahem* above-average 'interest' in Valeera and Vanessa (possibly up to and including slash fiction)

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    What if Vancleef decides that she doesn't want to be the bodyguard of Valeera and accompany her to the Frozen Throne, then what would happen in theory?

- - - Updated - - -

Does Valeera have the power to order Vancleef to be her bodyguard or does that order have to be directly from the leader of the Shadows?
    I mentioned that in my first reply. In theory any shadow could give her that order.

Granted, there may be repercussions from the leader of the uncrowned if this order was seen as not being of any benefit the organization itself.

I mentioned that in my first reply. In theory any shadow could give her that order.

Granted, there may be repercussions from the leader of the uncrowned if this order was seen as not being of any benefit the organization itself.
    What about in the scenario if Valeera were to order Vancleef to be her bodyguard and accompany her to the Frozen Throne as we see in the Shadowlands pre-patch video? Would that cause any problems for the leader of the uncrowned?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I suppose she'd face a punishment that Valeera or the Uncrowned leadership would find fitting, no?
    Not execution though right?

This is some sort of rule 34 thing isn't it?

I doubt she'd really trust a Vancleef to be a bodyguard when Valeera spends so much time around Anduin. This'd last 10 seconds before Anduin would recognize her and go "by the light, she's alive, arrest her!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I doubt she'd really trust a Vancleef to be a bodyguard when Valeera spends so much time around Anduin. This'd last 10 seconds before Anduin would recognize her and go "by the light, she's alive, arrest her!"
    Well Anduin is somewhere in Shadowlands imprisoned by Sylvanas so he's not going to see Vanessa any time soon.

That said,

What IF Valeera were to join the Horde during the events of Shadowlands, would her position or status change in the Uncrowned? Because as of right now, her status is neutral in the Uncrowned, so what would happen if she joined the Horde? Any affect on her rank/status in the Uncrowned?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well Anduin is somewhere in Shadowlands imprisoned by Sylvanas so he's not going to see Vanessa any time soon.

That said,

What IF Valeera were to join the Horde during the events of Shadowlands, would her position or status change in the Uncrowned? Because as of right now, her status is neutral in the Uncrowned, so what would happen if she joined the Horde? Any affect on her rank/status in the Uncrowned?
    There is no if there. Valeera isn't even in the Alliance. She's loyal to the House of Wrynn and will follow that line wherever it goes.

So unless Anduin joins the Horde, Valeera won't be.

yeah this is almost definitely some r34 stuff
    but, to humor me, ill answer anway: if she chose to ignore a direct order from the shadows (assuming they even still exist, which is questionable, seeing as the rogue player character rose to practically be their leader and we havent heard if them since) she would most likely be executed. we are talking about rogues here, the best on the planet. zero fucks would be given about vanessas life
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    yeah this is almost definitely some r34 stuff
    but, to humor me, ill answer anway: if she chose to ignore a direct order from the shadows (assuming they even still exist, which is questionable, seeing as the rogue player character rose to practically be their leader and we havent heard if them since) she would most likely be executed. we are talking about rogues here, the best on the planet. zero fucks would be given about vanessas life
    Who would order the execution though, the council of Shadows or the Shadow that Vanessa disobeyed?

If the Shadows vote to execute Vanessa, do you think that Valeera who is also a Shadow will vote for her execution based on what we know of her personality? Theoretically speaking ofcourse.

Well, I mean, you're in THE premier organization of lawless outlaws and assassins, who on top of that already wanted to kill you in the past and only decided that you'd be more useful in their ranks as a compromise.

If you REALLY were to refuse an order by one of their leaders, getting killed for it shouldn't come as a surprise.

That's like saying "well if I join a company in middle management, and the CEO orders me to do things in line with my duties, and I refuse - would I get fired for it?". Yes. Yes you would. That goes without saying and without question.

As for the R34 slash fiction... I wonder if Valeera would ask her to wear a priest robe and a blond wig and pretend she's a wimpy little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Well, I mean, you're in THE premier organization of lawless outlaws and assassins, who on top of that already wanted to kill you in the past and only decided that you'd be more useful in their ranks as a compromise.

If you REALLY were to refuse an order by one of their leaders, getting killed for it shouldn't come as a surprise.

That's like saying "well if I join a company in middle management, and the CEO orders me to do things in line with my duties, and I refuse - would I get fired for it?". Yes. Yes you would. That goes without saying and without question.

As for the R34 slash fiction... I wonder if Valeera would ask her to wear a priest robe and a blond wig and pretend she's a wimpy little boy.
    Wait a minute, the Shadows/Uncrowned wanted Vancleef dead? Since when was that.

Also you are right but I am asking who would initiate the execution call on Vancleef, would it be the Shadow she disobeyed to take orders from (Valeera) or would it be a joint vote by all the Shadows?

And would Valeera be cool with Vancleef's execution? Since I do not know much about her character that's why I am curious if she would push for her execution or not.

It would be whatever the writers want it to be, because we haven't established firm rules for how the Uncrowned work in detail. The day-to-day operations (if they're even currently going on) are likely to be structured in SOME way but how exactly is up in the air. It could be within the purview of single Shadows to execute members for insubordination or gross misbehavior, or it could fall to a particular Shadow in charge of discipline, or it could be a majority vote among all Shadows, or whatever.

WoW's lore is usually only surface-level, and anything and everything can be made up on the fly as a particular story demands it. Or be tossed aside if no longer interesting, hence why we haven't seen anything from the Uncrowned in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It would be whatever the writers want it to be, because we haven't established firm rules for how the Uncrowned work in detail. The day-to-day operations (if they're even currently going on) are likely to be structured in SOME way but how exactly is up in the air. It could be within the purview of single Shadows to execute members for insubordination or gross misbehavior, or it could fall to a particular Shadow in charge of discipline, or it could be a majority vote among all Shadows, or whatever.

WoW's lore is usually only surface-level, and anything and everything can be made up on the fly as a particular story demands it. Or be tossed aside if no longer interesting, hence why we haven't seen anything from the Uncrowned in a while.
    I'm gonna go with my gut and say it's based on votes of the council. There is no way a single Shadow can order an execution over insubordination. I think all the Shadows would vote and then the punishment would be carried out. Although as I mentioned before, I am curious on Valeera's stance here, would she support the execution of Vancleef if Vancleef disobeyed her orders/refused to become her bodyguard on a mission?

I'm gonna go with my gut and say it's based on votes of the council. There is no way a single Shadow can order an execution over insubordination. I think all the Shadows would vote and then the punishment would be carried out. Although as I mentioned before, I am curious on Valeera's stance here, would she support the execution of Vancleef if Vancleef disobeyed her orders/refused to become her bodyguard on a mission?
    Also whatever the writers want. They could make her accept it so as to remain part of the Uncrowned for the greater good, or they could make her resist it and leave the Uncrowned on principle. Either could be made to work with her character, and the only thing deciding which way it would go would be whatever the writers want to do next with her.

That's how most of WoW's characters are written - on purpose.