Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    It has 100% to do with gaming, internet and the generation now which only sits at home and the only social interaction is via Discord/game chat/whatsapp and their parents and/or brothers and sisters. I have a feeling the younger generation doesn't go outside and talk to other people which is really important for a human.

When I was younger there were no mobile phones when we wanted to meet for the next day with the friends we said it a day before and met there at this and this time. It was really better. Nowadays every little 12 year old kid has a mobile and sits in front of it 24/7 in their room.
    It seems to me most research shows a correlation between those who play more video games and risk of suicide but there's no suggestion of causation. It's also really difficult to test for causation in a study because you would essentially need a group of people who have similar traits/factors of those who play video games but don't actually do so. I think there just exists a correlation because whatever factors/traits lead to increase chance of suicide just happen to also exist more often with those who play video games. For example, being introverted or anti-social.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Then call me impossible. I had never heard of him and I am on forums constantly. I rarely watch videos though.

And RIP, mental illness is a really tough thing to deal with.
    Call me impossible too, and ive been playing since Vanilla. Sorry he is gone. He seems to be a good man, with lots of friends who loved him.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I know the name. never watched his content tho. not really into pvp. but sad that it had to come to this. Condolences and Rest in Peace.

RIP reckful.
    Do you hear the voices too?

May he rest in peace.

Reckful was a funny dude i mostly remember his ban on christmas and teh #FreeReckful campaign

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    Even seeing the chat makes me sad, my uncle died sunday and I am trying as much as I can to help my aunt, driving her and my 2 cousins because she has no driving license, then I saw that Reckful died, double kick in the nuts. I hate this fucking year 2020, it started bad, is bad and I believe it won't end good.
    My condolences.

I really liked Reckful. His laughter and jokes used to brighten me up when he played Hearthstone and League of Legends. I also knew about his depression from years ago, people are very vulnerable with these conditions.

I have deep sadness in my heart. I hope his parents are safe. Rest in peace, Byron.

It's sad.

Mental health isn't taken seriously nowadays.

Oh well, nobody cares in the end.

Man, he was so young. Really is tragic.

Speaking from experience, mental illness is impossible to deal with in a healthy manner without help. Whether that help takes the form of therapy, medication, or just a friend who will listen, it doesn't matter. Don't do it alone. There are resources out there. Fuck, private message me if you need to. I'd sit through 20 people who just want to fuck with me if I can legitimately help one person.

"Anxiety is your mind's ability to look at the future and predict problems. That's all it is. A future predicting capability. The problem is that you worry so much, that the worry sorta controls your behavior. Anxiety is just trying to protect you, it's not trying to do bad to you. The first thing you wanna understand to conquer your anxiety, it's that. It's just way too sensitive. There's ways to calm down that sensitive part but first you need to stop demonizing it."

This was one of the conversations he had with someone on a stream, and that person said this. I think it's important, for everyone that has anxiety and struggles with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    "Anxiety is your mind's ability to look at the future and predict problems. That's all it is. A future predicting capability. The problem is that you worry so much, that the worry sorta controls your behavior. Anxiety is just trying to protect you, it's not trying to do bad to you. The first thing you wanna understand to conquer your anxiety, it's that. It's just way too sensitive. There's ways to calm down that sensitive part but first you need to stop demonizing it."

This was one of the conversations he had with someone on a stream, and that person said this. I think it's important, for everyone that has anxiety and struggles with it.
    This is good advice but sadly I think Byron's issues extended far and beyond simple anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is good advice but sadly I think Byron's issues extended far and beyond simple anxiety.
    He worked with him, always. And he expresses how him giving up caused to him. Yes, there's severe anxieties that are not simple enough with just this advice even being a good one.

Here's the video if you want to watch. It's the first time i see him breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    He worked with him, always. And he expresses how him giving up caused to him. Yes, there's severe anxieties that are not simple enough with just this advice even being a good one.

Here's the video if you want to watch. It's the first time i see him breakdown.

Oof. That was hard to watch.

I've never been a huge fan of Dr. K but watching a grown man break down like that... yikes. You can tell he genuinely cared about him as a person and the hurt he's experiencing must be immeasurable. Mental illness sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Oof. That was hard to watch.

I've never been a huge fan of Dr. K but watching a grown man break down like that... yikes. You can tell he genuinely cared about him as a person and the hurt he's experiencing must be immeasurable. Mental illness sucks.
    Yes, definitely hard to watch. He for sure cared about Reckful a lot.

No clue who this was but still sad news, seems he inspired many.

Rest in peace Reckful. Your contribution to the gaming community will never be forgotten.

To everyone else - you matter. You are never alone. Reach out, talk to someone.

I'm sorry he died (sorry anyone died) but I really wish people would stop making streamers into news.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    No clue who this was but still sad news, seems he inspired many.
    kinda surprised. you don't seem to be someone who is new on mmo-champ, neither world of warcraft