Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I’ll make it easy for you and everyone else to understand:

Make every class/spec as fun as DH.
    This is subjective.

Edit : And should I also point out that Havoc DH actually has a fucking Talent to get rid of an ability to empower your AA. The irony.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2020-07-03 at 01:14 PM.

Make every class/spec as fun as DH.
    I think that this is exemplary of what you and I find fun.

Ignoring that DH has a talent to take away a button and make it an auto-attack.
    I don't find DH fun, at all, it's simply too simple. Your aoe rotation and ST rotation are literally the same buttons pressed in a different order. The spec also has nothing going on at all, You press the build buttons so you can press your spend buttons essentially only limited by CDs. I mean you've spent this thread shitting on ret but at least ret has a single baseline proc and gameplay around the judgment window.

What I like about wow's hotbar tab combat is that it allows for class skills to have interactivity and depth. For example, something like Aff (or any rogue spec) where spells require and work off other spells just wouldn't be possible to work on that level with action combat. It would have to be simplified to an extreme to account for the possibility of missing.

Just a final thought. Who gives a shit about white hits? Like content where you notice white hits is so easy even if you were playing without them (i.e. every caster) nothing changes.

Yeah lets make every class like the most brain dead boring spec of the game

OP is wrong but I would welcome more skillshots, frontal cones, frontal beams etc. Most of classes can do full rotation without touching mouse. Kinda like pianist simulator but also kinda boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suprised you managed to write an entire thread when more than three buttons give you a hard time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    no. Demon hunters are a broken op class that should never have come into existence.

Auto attacking is just dull and boring. I’m just saying wow needs something to balance things out, half the combat system being dull is OK, but not all of it. This is why AoE classes like demon hunter feels so much more fun than the most boring class in the history of gaming: wow paladin.

Half the combat system is automated bot style...might as well just switch to mobile mmos at this point...
    The problem with Paladins' combat system at the moment has nothing to do with it needing some unaimed stuff - it already has one, and frankly it can be a pain in the arse (and it's baseline). When Wake of Ashes was introduced in Legion, people did not think it was cool because you had to aim it (and in BfA it was changed so you get the Holy Power from it even if you miss), they thought it was cool because it was impactful and thematic.

Also, Prot Pallies have had and AoE attack like you're suggesting for a very long time, so if the Paladin combat system is boring that reflects badly on the very thing you're advocating.

As for PAllies way back in the day, they weren't boring because most things they did were targetted, but because there were so very few buttons, though as early as BC keeping everything rolling as Prot gave you a pretty full rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t care about the damage. It’s just NOT FUN.
    At least remove a few abilities from the GCD and disallow macroing them. That should balance out the issue of combat dullness.
    Warriors' Heroic Blow was ever so popular in the day[/sarcasm]. People macroed it not because that was optimal (it generally wasn't), but to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome from having to spam it all the damned time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to respond to all these posts is by repeating part of what I said that I now also added to the OP:

Auto attacking is just dull and boring. I’m just saying wow needs something to balance things out, half the combat system being dull is OK, but not all of it. This is why AoE classes like demon hunter feel so much more fun than the most boring class in the history of gaming: wow paladin.

Half the combat system is automated bot style...might as well just switch to mobile mmos at this point...
    This makes me think that all you do is auto-attack. No abilities whatsoever, only auto-attack.

A class being "more AoE than class X" does not necessarily make it a 'fun' class, because 'fun' is subjective.

And I honestly wonder how the hell are you playing your class to say that "half the combat system is automated bot style". What do you mean by that?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    If WoW would turn more towards action combat i am quite sure that from the few players remaining a big part would just stop playing alltogether. Faster faster faster is not always the answer to everything. Many people don't like overwatch anymore because it got faster with every new hero.
    And they nerfed a number of the stronger defences to further speed it up.

Two things about WoW that keep me coming back: 1) My friends are here, and I have a community that's fun. 2) Combat is smooth and fluid, even with the BfA 'put everything back on the GCD' and the cock-ups they made with a lot of my favourite specs.

The problems with WoW are not in the combat system itself. There are problems with balance, problems with some spec's implementation being rubbish, from WoD pruning of much-loved (if not always used) abilities, and from Legion an unfortunate tendency of all the rotations to be samey because they tend to all be build-and-spend (something that four years later the devs seem to agree with me about).
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2020-07-03 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    no. Demon hunters are a broken op class that should never have come into existence.
    yea, and there are no other classes that had the same problem*cough* death knight...

I never log on here, but i had to log on just to tell you how stupid you are, you know people been saying wow is gonna die since late classic early tbc, and i can 100% guarantee that New world wont kill wow, New world is just another game that will die in a few months maybe a year, heck Guild wars 2 has a greater chance against wow and i mean thats tab targeting aswell.