Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I love how people complain about something Blizzard "promised" when they never actually said anything remotely close to that to begin with. A Stat Squish was pretty obvious when the levels were going to be cut literally in half. Get over it, lordy.
    They literally, literally said just that at Blizzcon last year:

There will not be a stat squish. It's very important that players feel just as powerful when they log in to play the expansion.

seriously having 1257 stamina 923 str on an item is kind of unrelatable. I liked having 12 str and 20stam with %1 crit %1hit on gear. simple.

Blizzard has shown time after time that they can't handle a squish correctly anyways, and by the end of an expansion that had a squish all of our stats are 700% higher by the end of it again

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Stat squish is reducing the stats while keeping the same level.

Level squish is reducing the levels, and you get allocated the stats for that level. The mobs are also going to be reduced to the appropriate level

You were once 120, now you are level 50. You can't have level 120 stats because level 120 no longer exists. You have the stats of level 50.
    You’re now level 50 (level squish) but we aren’t doing the same damage, aren’t having the same amount of hp, etc etc as we do now. That’s a stat squish.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu missed the point completely. Nobody said they can't change their minds. What is being said is that they made a claim then made a chagne and told nobody about it. That is the latest in scummy behavior by a morally bankrupt and scummy company.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you can. Just leave the IVl numbers as is. They lied. Plain and simple.
    I don't see how there is anything "scummy" about it. This "change" (Seriously? You guys thought you'd have current numbers when scaled down to level 50?) quite literally affects NOTHING but player perceptions. It doesn't affect player power, nor does it affect things like character appearance. Now, if you talked about how they sold WoD collector's edition with a flying mount and then decided half way through that expansion to remove flying entirely after not having flying up to that point, then you'd have a legitimate argument. But this? This does nothing with respect to the player. You could probably create an addon that displays a random string of numbers after the real numbers on floating number display, if you like. It would have the same effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it matter if the stats are squished so long as you have the same relative power? Now you can go back and solo previous expac raid; In shadowlands, it will still be the same. It is not just players getting squished, everything is getting squished. They are lowering the numbers, not the power. Just relax.
    Last edited by BrintoSFJ; 2020-07-08 at 08:11 PM.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    I don't see how there is anything "scummy" about it. This "change" (Seriously? You guys thought you'd have current numbers when scaled down to level 50?) quite literally affects NOTHING but player perceptions. It doesn't affect player power, nor does it affect things like character appearance. Now, if you talked about how they sold WoD collector's edition with a flying mount and then decided half way through that expansion to remove flying entirely after not having flying up to that point, then you'd have a legitimate argument. But this? This does nothing with respect to the player. You could probably create an addon that displays a random string of numbers after the real numbers on floating number display, if you like. It would have the same effect.
    Or I have a better idea. Blizzard actually act like a responsible company and tell the truth instead of talking out of the side of their mouth and then do the opposite and hope nobody notices. But Blizzard is a scummy and morally bankrupt company. Ethics is nothing more than an inconvenience to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really no difference in hitting a 10k hp enemy for 100 or a 100k hp enemy for 1000. Also, a level squish kind of implies a stat squish.
    Putin khuliyo

I give up lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    I give up lol.
    Yeah, this is about where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    You’re now level 50 (level squish) but we aren’t doing the same damage, aren’t having the same amount of hp, etc etc as we do now. That’s a stat squish.
    It's not though, you'll do the about the same damage as a lvl 50 in retail than you would lvl 50 in SL = not a stat squish.

Just because you have LESS stats doesn't make it a stat squish.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this is about where I'm at.
    Why is everyone so angry over this ? Does it actually matter ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

There wasn't any op lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HydraWoW View Post
    Blizzard has shown time after time that they can't handle a squish correctly anyways, and by the end of an expansion that had a squish all of our stats are 700% higher by the end of it again
    That's by design, it's not because the "can't handle it"

3+ Year Old Account
    They said there wouldn't be one. Then they squished the levels and likely ran into even bigger problems than before when a new expac launched, so they had to bring the stats down to a level appropriate for lvl 50.
    Just because they said they wouldn't doesn't mean they can't change their mind. A lot of things changed during Beta. This is one of them. Why is it such a big deal to you anyways? You prefer hitting for a number longer than your screen width 2 patches down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    It's not though, you'll do the about the same damage as a lvl 50 in retail than you would lvl 50 in SL = not a stat squish.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    They said there wouldn't be one. Then they squished the levels and likely ran into even bigger problems than before when a new expac launched, so they had to bring the stats down to a level appropriate for lvl 50.
    Just because they said they wouldn't doesn't mean they can't change their mind. A lot of things changed during Beta. This is one of them. Why is it such a big deal to you anyways? You prefer hitting for a number longer than your screen width 2 patches down the line?
    This isn't about chaing their mind. This is about saying one thing, then doing something else and saying nothing about it. IF you are changing your mind, tell the players what you are doing. It is beyond scummy to do something that you swore you weren't going to do without telling anyone. It's called ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This isn't about chaing their mind. This is about saying one thing, then doing something else and saying nothing about it. IF you are changing your mind, tell the players what you are doing. It is beyond scummy to do something that you swore you weren't going to do without telling anyone. It's called ethics.
    The unsub from the game, vote with your wallet man ...
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know? I don't even know why people are so upset over this. It's really irrelevant since actual player power is the same. If you see my posts, you'll note that I'm arguing as such.

I don't know? I don't even know why people are so upset over this. It's really irrelevant since actual player power is the same. If you see my posts, you'll note that I'm arguing as such.
    I'm agreeing with you

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Blizzard lied. The first stat squish was supposedly done for "technical reasons"("technical reasons" that don't apply anymore). The completely pointless BFA stat squish showed that was a lie. Hopefully the level squish is 100% optional. or canceled If people want a 60 level cap they could always play Classic.
    They didnt lie if anything they simply changed their mind which they have every right to do. You arent needed for the approval process