Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Sounds like a good way to get people to quit for no real good reason.
    Kinda sums up why WoW isn't a good game these days. People are far too attached to, and lured by superficial things like collectibles and transmog, and in this case - their name, instead of demanding great gameplay which should be the most important thing by far.

(and in any case, it should be possible to do a one time "we'll allow duplicates" thing for those unwilling, and figure out some way of seperating characters with the same names (maybe a color code, a parantheses with the name of the old server behind it, or something like that).

I asked them for realm mergers during the wow Q and A last year. Bout time. Took them long enough.

And that's how you get people to quit.

I know many people that if they were forced to rename their character they've had for 10-16 years they'd just flat out quit and never come back.
    If thats the case they wherent playing much if any already.

You dont quit a game you play a lot because you have to switch your virtual characters name.

And before you try to convince me some people do. No. They dont.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

You dont quit a game you play a lot because you have to switch your virtual characters name.

When I create an alt it can take months for me to craft a suitable name. The characters I play, including my main, have had the same name since day 1 of WoW release. If I were forced to change any of those names I would seriously consider not playing any more. Names are enormously important to the connection you have with your character.

Guess you forgot about the RP players.

Quote Originally Posted by Solero View Post
    You dont understand the concept of speed runs. I dont care if its hard or not hard. I only care to compete for the fastest kill times. Every single thing in classic is harder than retail except for raiding. Retail wow is at his worst state since ever and I hope shadowlands is going to change that.
    You are 100% wrong. Nothing in Classic is harder than retail. Literally nothing. Classic is just more time consuming, not more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I wonder how many people stopped playing the game and how many guilds disbanded after a migration from low to a higher population server. Most of the time some people refuse to pay such an absurd price (for a fully automated feature that costs Acti-Blizz $0 and takes few minutes) and it ends up with some people migrating and some people staying. You're losing a customer who pays a sub and quits the game, because he lost his main reason to continue playing (people he likes to play with), but hey - you get a quick buck from suckers who migrate just for the opportunity to escape a dead server. What a great deal.

Migration should be free (on a cooldown if you must protect the server's economy) to whatever server you want, not chosen by Activision-Blizzard "free migration" to low pops nobody wants to play on.
    Should we really be concerned about protecting economies when loopholes exist such as battle pets and character migration?

Guess you forgot about the RP players.
    Who doesnt? Such a small % of people shouldnt be catered to.

Who doesnt? Such a small % of people shouldnt be catered to.
    It's enough that blizzard cares, they can't be ostracizing a whole subset of players. Every time something affects the RP community they work to fix it.

Why do you think RP servers are only CRZ'd with RP servers?

What does it even matter if more than one person has the same name? Let the players work it out for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Solero View Post
    You dont understand the concept of speed runs. I dont care if its hard or not hard. I only care to compete for the fastest kill times. Every single thing in classic is harder than retail except for raiding. Retail wow is at his worst state since ever and I hope shadowlands is going to change that.
    I leveled a mage, rogue, priest and warrior to lvl 60, fully completed tier 1 and 2, leveled 4 professions and still am yet to find anything that is "harder" than retail, it is just something with lower UI quality and that needs more grind/ time to get your stuff done, what i did like is that there is a point that you can call it quits since you get the feel that you already beated the game at some point when you get a decent bis set, beat the last boss, epic mount and have all the professions recipes you want.

seems like they tried to merge EU-Aman'Thul and EU-Nazjatar resulting in missing guilds and duplicated auctions (=dupes)

let's heat up the popcorn
    Last edited by Enter Name Here; 2020-07-08 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    seems like they tried to merge EU-Aman'Thul and EU-Nazjatar resulting in missing guilds and duplicated auctions (=dupes)

let's heat up the popcorn
    Yes, they completed that connection, still some guild issues around atm, they failed the todeswache and natchwache connection, in fact they managed to merge only bmah, so you got more competition there without being able to send mail, join guilds etc., and they failed the russian one + no communication about the problem anywhere but a single apology in russia, so still no info about new connection, that's great for planning!

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I imagine there's plenty of technical limitations. The easiest one being...people having the same names on 2 servers. What happens then? Just force name change them? Many might not like it very much.
    They could extend the name lenghts and give you the ability to have last names and what not. GW2 for example has that.

Until I see a post with an exact date and which realms are gonna be connected I wouldnt care about that announcement at all.
    they announce something like this now and do it in ~3 years probably when no one is left in wow anyway