View Poll Results: What is your favorite 4th of July movie?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Independence Day

7 38.89%

1 5.56%
  • National Treasure

0 0%
  • Jaws

2 11.11%
  • Lincoln

0 0%
  • The Patriot

5 27.78%
  • The Sandlot

2 11.11%
  • Captain America: The First Avenger

0 0%
  • I Know What You Did Last Summer

0 0%
  • Other

1 5.56%

What if your favorite 4th of July patriotic movie?

Happy Friday and happy Fourth of July everyone! What is your favorite 4th of July and patriotic movie to watch during America's biggest holiday? I have a short list of some classics and favorites. What's yours and why?

Independence Day
    In this movie released the day before the 4th of July in 1996, Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith) and President Whitmore (Bill Pullman) are on a mission to save the United States ... from an alien invasion. This sci-fi action film is a twist on your classic war movie.

The nation's fathers harmonize their way through the founding of America in this musical adapted from a popular Broadway show. Colonial representatives gather in Philadelphia with the aim of establishing a set of governmental rules for the burgeoning United States.

National Treasure
    A treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence? It's not the craziest thing that happens during this story's running time. This Nicolas Cage action flick is pure campy fun.

Jaws
    It might not stoke your inner patriot, but this film is set on July 4. A beach town is rocked when a killer shark is out for blood. Steven Spielberg's thriller, based on the novel by Peter Benchley, is a can't-miss summer flick.

Lincoln
    With the nation embroiled in still another year with the high death count of Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln brings the full measure of his passion, humanity and political skill to what would become his defining legacy: to end the war and permanently abolish slavery through the 13th Amendment.

The Patriot
    After his son is murdered, a peaceful farmer is forced to fight the British to avenge his death. Mel Gibson's performance earned him the People's Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actor.

The Sandlot
    Ideal for the whole family, no one can forget the epic 4th of July scene in The Sandlot. The gang of adventurous, baseball-loving boys will make your kids (and you!) laugh out loud.

Captain America: The First Avenger
    Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) turns into the ultimate superhero after he's rejected from the military because of his small stature. His transformation ultimately helps him combat the Nazis in this fictional portrayal of World War II.

I Know What You Did Last Summer
    Fourth of July weekend takes a dramatic turn when four friends are stalked by an evil fisherman in a small beach town. Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe, and Freddie Prinze Jr. comprise the cast of terrified teens.
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-07-03 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Thank you for fixing the typo mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Happy Friday and happy Fourth of July everyone! What is your favorite 4th of July and patriotic movie to watch during America's biggest holiday? I have a short list of some classics and favorites. What's yours and why?

Independence Day
    In this movie released the day before the 4th of July in 1996, Captain Steven Hiller (Will Smith) and President Whitmore (Bill Pullman) are on a mission to save the United States ... from an alien invasion. This sci-fi action film is a twist on your classic war movie.

The nation's fathers harmonize their way through the founding of America in this musical adapted from a popular Broadway show. Colonial representatives gather in Philadelphia with the aim of establishing a set of governmental rules for the burgeoning United States.

National Treasure
    A treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence? It's not the craziest thing that happens during this story's running time. This Nicolas Cage action flick is pure campy fun.

Jaws
    It might not stoke your inner patriot, but this film is set on July 4. A beach town is rocked when a killer shark is out for blood. Steven Spielberg's thriller, based on the novel by Peter Benchley, is a can't-miss summer flick.

Lincoln
    With the nation embroiled in still another year with the high death count of Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln brings the full measure of his passion, humanity and political skill to what would become his defining legacy: to end the war and permanently abolish slavery through the 13th Amendment.

The Patriot
    After his son is murdered, a peaceful farmer is forced to fight the British to avenge his death. Mel Gibson's performance earned him the People's Choice Award for Favorite Movie Actor.

The Sandlot
    Ideal for the whole family, no one can forget the epic 4th of July scene in The Sandlot. The gang of adventurous, baseball-loving boys will make your kids (and you!) laugh out loud.

Captain America: The First Avenger
    Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) turns into the ultimate superhero after he's rejected from the military because of his small stature. His transformation ultimately helps him combat the Nazis in this fictional portrayal of World War II.

I Know What You Did Last Summer
    Fourth of July weekend takes a dramatic turn when four friends are stalked by an evil fisherman in a small beach town. Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Ryan Phillippe, and Freddie Prinze Jr. comprise the cast of terrified teens.

Edit: Major typo, can a mod please fix? Is, not if, would be appreciated.
    I cry foul!!! I can only vote for one, and I watch two of these every 4th. Independence Day and 1776. My vote went for 1776 because so much of it is so damn funny.

Since it can often get cringy, I'll go with Jaws. It's 4th of July, but it's not self-fellating.

Independence Day, hands down. The rare times I actually post on social media, is to post Whitmore's speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Music Man is my July 4th movie
    /s

It used to be The Sandlot, but it's way too cheesy for me now. That America never existed for people like me. I feel very similarly about The Wonder Years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Independence Day has always been 4th of July movie. A blockbuster movie, one of the definitive blockbuster movies, that bleeds American exceptionalism? Count me in. It basically ends in fireworks too.

Just remember, the sequel doesn't exist.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Forrest Gump.

1776. Been a family tradition to watch it together since I can remember.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Independence Day too.

The Patriot is cool but it has too much snuff film shit.

Hamilton and Jaws.