Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

They kept the pricing for two generations. This seems reasonable to me.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Not really. There were most definitely games back then that shipped with game-breaking bugs (even if you dont want to remember the bugs).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly certain I paid much much less than that for legion, bfa, and SL *combined*. If someone charged you $400 for just one, you let yourself get ripped off.

- - - Updated - - -

Europe is sticking it to you, not blizzard. Blizzard doesnt actually control European commerce laws...

- - - Updated - - -

You linked the wrong list. Your link leads to an article about the 50 highest paid CEOs, not the 50 most overpaid CEOs.

The fact that you intentionally mislabeled the article and intentionally mislead your audience shows you had zero intention to be objective.
    You're really trying to nit pick, just for the sake of " I'm right ". I can't remember a single game, where the bug was so bad that I couldn't finish the game, or restart the area/whatever and move on. So you're 100% full of shit. Stop trying to be a hipster with the "whelll ackhuwaelly" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    You're really trying to nit pick, just for the sake of " I'm right ". I can't remember a single game, where the bug was so bad that I couldn't finish the game, or restart the area/whatever and move on. So you're 100% full of shit. Stop trying to be a hipster with the "whelll ackhuwaelly" bullshit.
    Original run of No Mercy would like to have a word with you, it would delete your save file after a short amount of progress was made. Know what your options where? Sending in your cart to THQ and waiting months for them to fix it and send it back to you or deal with just having the base game you can make no progress in. Joy.

Not to mention softlocking is not some new term and dates back to your good ole glory days of bug free*(not actually big free) games.

Oh those glory days! Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

The only publisher I can think of back in that time period that had near flawless QA was Nintendo- and guess what they still do proving it had jack shit to do with the time period. Imagine thinking publishers weren't taking shortcuts in the era of fucking LJN games ffs.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-07-07 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

"FIFA 20 publisher Electronic Arts (EA) announced in a financial briefing late last week it had made nearly $1 billion from microtransactions alone in the quarter that ended Dec 31."

That's ONE game mt's income in ONE quarter. Yeee, gl thinking they will just drop it, if the game prices would go up.
    Taking EA as an example for the whole industry is like taking Hitler as an example for all of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post

Sure..ignoring the microtransactions costs of buying extra DLC so on and so forth....

Wait a minute....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Not really. There were most definitely games back then that shipped with game-breaking bugs (even if you dont want to remember the bugs).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm fairly certain I paid much much less than that for legion, bfa, and SL *combined*. If someone charged you $400 for just one, you let yourself get ripped off.

- - - Updated - - -

Europe is sticking it to you, not blizzard. Blizzard doesnt actually control European commerce laws...

- - - Updated - - -

You linked the wrong list. Your link leads to an article about the 50 highest paid CEOs, not the 50 most overpaid CEOs.

The fact that you intentionally mislabeled the article and intentionally mislead your audience shows you had zero intention to be objective.
    An average WoW expansion cycle is 24 months. 24 months times $15 a month equals $360. The expansion cost $40. $360+$40=$400.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Taking EA as an example for the whole industry is like taking Hitler as an example for all of humanity.
    Ok then, add to that Ubisoft, Acti/Blizz, Take2, Bethesda off the top of my head.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Preoccupation with the cost of gaming is to the detrimental of the medium. It instantly turns games, regardless of technical or artistic merit, into inherently subjective value propositions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine by me if they take out the microtransactions.

I am already doing my part by not buying anything in-game whatsoever.

Or that I simply made a mistake. I honestly thought I was linking the overpaid article, since that's what I put in the google search.

Here's the one I should have linked. Kotic is 45th in terms of raw salary, and 31st in terms of ratio-to-employee pay, which isn't exactly much worse than what I linked before. :/

That's 28.6 million, and 306 times the median employee pay. So I wasn't even that far off the mark, even with a mistakenly wrong article linked. So...yeah. Thanks for pointing out the error, but maybe don't be so quick to accuse a lack of objectivity.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-07-07 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Sure..ignoring the microtransactions costs of buying extra DLC so on and so forth....

Wait a minute....
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post

and they'll still be cheaper than they should be. I would expect them to be closer to $80...

Personal opinion time, I dont care about the increase in price...it's absolutely justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

Wait a minute....
    In which 99.9% of games if you don't buy you're not missing out on anything of substance. Likely some skin here, skin there.

I'll keep using those kind of pages too, I think they'll make you pay 20 bucks more for the same game from a previous console...

they sell the consoles at a loss, they have to make up for that loss someway, online subscriptions (PSN/xbox live) and higher game prices is the way they do it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Outside US it is higher already.
    The Euro price right now which is already confirmed is at 93$

I am glad I don't care for consoles anymore though after the heavy disappointment of the last gen, no matter what console.
    thats because those 70$ are without tax, just like consoles are 499$ in the us and 499€ in europe

When I was young games used to cost $70-90 a pop.

One of my fondest memories was of my parents taking me to a KB Toys for my birthday giving me the option to buy a bunch of new games for the Sega Master System. Which I kinda was obsessed with at the time, tbh.

I was like 8 years old and bought like Ghost House and Ninja for like $80 in 1986 dollars. That's $166 adjusted for inflation, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If the rumors about the new xbox are true I’d be pissed when my $70 game crashes after the system overheats 2 hours into playing it.
    There are no reports of any of the new consoles overheating... Expelling hot air, sure... Just like the fans are designed to do.

Overheating, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You might want to check again.
    Please link me a report of the Xbox Series X overheating... Like actually overheating and not just expelling heat.

I'll wait.

If you're referring to this guy -
    https://twitter.com/geronimo_73/stat...677389312?s=20

EyesFire"The Series X is hot, like really hot! It doesn’t make any noise, but damn it’s hot! The console is emitting heat like crazy. It’s almost like a fireplace shaft. You can heat up your flat with it." - Ken Bogard
    > http://twitch.tv/videos/761162616
    #XboxSeriesX
    It's already been walked back.

According to
    @KenBogard
    , Xbox Series X didn't have any issue at any temperature

So, any news about problem due hot temperature is fake news
    Quote Tweet

Ken Bogard
    @KenBogard
    · 23h
    Replying to @legato27
    FAKE NEWS
    https://twitter.com/geronimo_73/stat...609275392?s=20

Down pointing backhand indexI don't know anyone who wants to play Xbox Series X by holding it in their handsFace with tears of joy
    _

White heavy check markJust To Remember

Xbox Series X didn't have any issue at any temperature

So, any news about problem due hot temperature is fake news
    https://twitter.com/geronimo_73/stat...973048832?s=20

To Be Clear

Xbox Series X is hot (45° | 120 f) only after 4 hrs of gameplay session and it comes back to normal temperature (stand-by without any games in background) in just 5 minutes (7° | 44.6 f)

That's coolSmiling face with sunglasses

Various test done on Prototype of Series X
    _

#XboxSeriesX
    https://twitter.com/geronimo_73/stat...501411840?s=20

Roberto Serrano'
    @geronimo_73
    ·
    19h
    *FIX*

Xbox Series X decreases its temperature by 7° | 44.6 f every 5 minutes at a time when it is in stand-by, and it goes to 27° | 80 f as normal temperature in idle
    https://twitter.com/geronimo_73/stat...536006666?s=20

Or how about this guy -

Getting a lot of chatter regarding Series X heat. On Beastcast I said it was "toasty" and that's exactly what it was

I've read stories that are using the Beastcast segment to support claims the Series X has a "heat problem" and I would disagree w/ making that assumption

[1/3]
    https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/stat...296289287?s=20

If you are concerned with a story you read saying the 1TB expansion drive "appeared to burn my hand!!" you are of course perfectly welcome to watch the full Beastcast sequence starting here: https://youtu.be/GAFOZWz1S-o?t=1614

Hot to the touch, yes, but clearly did not *burn my hand*
    https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/stat...996721664?s=20

full preview video on Series X will be coming soon where I will cover my entire experience in more detail

thanks and stay tuned Face throwing a kiss

for help spelling my last name, please see Google

[3/3]
    https://twitter.com/jeffbakalar/stat...973990400?s=20

This is the internet being dumb.
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2020-10-07 at 04:37 PM.

No they wont.

PC users haven't been paying 5-15$ for games,.
    AAA games havent been worth paying on release for in years,. let alone on console and 70$

It just guarantees that i will never buy games at at launch.