Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    No they wont.

PC users haven't been paying 5-15$ for games,.
    AAA games havent been worth paying on release for in years,. let alone on console and 70$
    They've already announced that first party PS5 games will be $70.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I dunno. You have reports there of people saying it is hot. Notice no one is saying overheating though.

It is premature to call people dumb when we don't have the system in our hands to test and if posts were removed it was to not get in trouble with MS, clearly.

AKA we need to wait and see. The truth will come out one way or another.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-07 at 08:41 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    N64 games used to be $70 plus tax, that is nothing new. Granted you got a complete game at that point.

All games need to be digital and have a 2-4 hour played time return window. Much like Steam now offers. You buy the game, hate it, you can return it. No questions asked. The gamer wins, the dev loses, but they lose for a reason.
    You got a complete game and it usually didn't have a metric shit ton of bugs, not to mention you got more than 8 hours of single player out of a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I dunno. You have reports there of people saying it is hot. Notice no one is saying overheating though.

It is premature to call people dumb when we don't have the system in out hands to test and if posts were removed it was to not get in trouble with MS, clearly.

AKA we need to wait and see. The truth will come out one way or another.
    I'm not the one that cast the first stone. Notice how they haven't responded to me. Other journalists have refuted the initial claims.

Both systems will have teething issues that won't be apparent until millions of consoles are out in the wild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man if you guys think n64 games dont have bugs, i hope you dont watch a speed run cause youll have a heart attack

You pay 10 bucks for 2.5 hours of entertainment. Why should you pay 60 bucks for 100 hours, and sometimes 3000 hrs (Skyrim)? Come at me!

I’m cool with it personally. I don’t tend to buy a lot of games. I’m a PlayStation guy and like to buy a game and then hit platinum on it before jumping into anything else. Really gets the value out of it.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    ...and it usually didn't have a metric shit ton of bugs
    I'm sorry what?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I'm sorry what?
    Name me one game that was released that was literally unplayable from that era? The most egregious offender I've ever seen in some 30 years of gaming with a game being absolutely broken was Fallout New Vegas. It didn't work with a lot of PC hardware configurations and took years for modders to patch and fix.

And? Games are one of the few things that have stuck at a price point despite inflation. $60 has been the standard for a game since the first time I bought a game back in the SNES days. Obviously I'd always prefer to pay less, but honestly I think the only thing that has prevented prices from creeping up is the trend in development that started in 2010 to just push games to X release date and fix it live, instead of delivering an actual finished product. There isn't a month that has gone by since where there hasn't been some kind of negative reception to some release that is a buggy mess, and as a result devs are more scared of the backlash of having their game be that first $70 flop than to tell their shareholders to suck dicks and wait til its done.

The last "it is done when it is done" company was Blizzard. It was what they were known for and that dedication to the quality of their products is what built a fanbase. Then they sold out to Activision and became shitfucks like everyone else and we can clearly see the results plain as that drop of "mayo" around the cheerleader's mouth.

In terms of value, a movie is $10-15. If a game is good and you've gotten 10-12 non-fluff padded hours out of it then you've gotten your value. Anything past that makes it a fantastic entertainment deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post

They kept the pricing for two generations. This seems reasonable to me.
    It does not work like that for salaries though.

Name me one game that was released that was literally unplayable from that era? The most egregious offender I've ever seen in some 30 years of gaming with a game being absolutely broken was Fallout New Vegas. It didn't work with a lot of PC hardware configurations and took years for modders to patch and fix.
    First of all, I never said nor did you say it was unplayable. You said they weren't riddled with bugs. So if you want me to list you some games that were riddled with bugs just give me the console and I'll tell you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean you moved the goalpost from metric shit ton of bugs to unplayable, also matrix on ps2 and drake of the 99 dragons on xbox

Imagine buying games at release instead of waiting for the 77% off sale on steam OMEGALUL.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Unpopular opinion, but games development cost has gone up a lot over the years and the price of games hasn't

The fixed price is an anomaly compared to any other industry.

Does every game need to go up in price? Probably not, but major tentpole games that cost 100m+ to make really ought to cost more.
    Game development has gone up in price and the dollar has been losing vs time. That would be my excuse with the add-ons available for the extreme majority of games out there. Just about every game released now has some optional (MTX, player power, or just content) purchases on top of whatever their base price is.

Is the extra $10 warranted? Maybe. I'll watch to see how the market deals with a $70 price tag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Imagine buying games at release instead of waiting for the 77% off sale on steam OMEGALUL.
    I sure as hell ain't waiting 6 months to play CP2077.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

What is inflation?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Fuck yeah! Been waiting 6 years for bloodbourne to go 77% off on steam but soon, im sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Man if you guys think n64 games dont have bugs, i hope you dont watch a speed run cause youll have a heart attack
    Yeah, those speedrunners actively look for those bugs to make better times.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Game development has gone up in price and the dollar has been losing vs time
    Only if development studies would develop actual games with gameplay/mechanical value and not basically a shitty movie. I have seen games (i.e., AC3) where the whole experience was basically moving your character and watching the next cringe cinematic.

At one hand, you have games like Terraria which does not even cost the half the price of so-called "3A" titles. On the other hand, you have garbage like Order 1886, which is essentially a cringe movie.

Most of these game studios asking for 70$ can go fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    No they wont.

PC users haven't been paying 5-15$ for games,.
    AAA games havent been worth paying on release for in years,. let alone on console and 70$
    I hope I'm wrong but will assume that sports games like the one mentioned in the OP will still see their usual sales.