Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    I'm not watching a 15 mins video...
    so instead of TLDR its TLDW

It'd be nice to see a change of pace with these Light-central stories to have some major figures like a Dwarf or something. It feels like all we ever see are Humans and Draenei and Blood Elves when it comes to the Light, and it kind of sucks. Can we get like, Moira in here or something? That might be good.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    My first though was that it is Bellular's video and of course it was. Sorry, OP, but it is really, really hard to watch anything he makes. The cringe is too real.
    Take everything he says with a grain of salt.
    At least it's not Pyromancer. That dude is like the Tsoukalos of WarCraft lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Bellular has got it wrong.

Il'gynoth's prophecy that he is referring to is far more likely to be about Calia Menethil than about Turalyon. After all she is a golden being forged by the light that appears to be claiming Sylvanas's throne.

The golden one claims a vacant throne. The crown of light will bring only darkness.

Belullar's thumbnails and titles are carcinogenic. He is also wrong - it'd be cool if he wasn't and if the Lightforged and Turalyon were more like he finds them than what they actually are, but the real Turalyon sat by as a demon blasted his god figure of a thousand years, followed his lead and was okay with his wife running off with a set of floating bandages powered by cosmic entropy. Then overcame his issues with the undead and with the void, the enemy of what he's infused with, within five minutes of encountering the Forsaken and void elves respectively.

I also think the prophecy - if it means anyone at all and is not just a red herring is more likely to be about Calia than Turalyon if for no other reason than because there's a very strong rumor that Turalyon was meant to die in the new book until the last minute. Then again, now that he's confirmed alive that might be him, since Calia is a writer's pet whereas nobody cares about Turalyon.

And of course, I could be wrong entirely since I'm only responding to what this topic claims he said, I'm not watching the video. But I really, really doubt it.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-07-04 at 09:50 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    there's a very strong rumor that Turalyon was meant to die in the new book until the last minute
    Roux admitted in a podcast that she fell in love with these characters after reading WC2 novelizations. She expressed a desire to write something else about them in the future, so I highly doubt that it was Turalyon. I bet she planned to kill Nathanos, but Danuser forbade it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Roux admitted in a podcast that she fell in love with these characters after reading WC2 novelizations. She expressed a desire to write something else about them in the future, so I highly doubt that it was Turalyon. I bet she planned to kill Nathanos, but Danuser forbade it.
    She mentions that she really liked Nathanos in one of the interviews and from what little we've seen of him, I can believe it. He's consistently much better in all side-materials than he is in the game itself, where he's one-note and has far too much screentime. That and he's ready made for a raid encounter, with one having been datamined fairly early on.

That she's read and liked Tides of Darkness, which is entertaining fantasy pulp is promising when it comes to Turalyon and Alleria's characterization.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-07-04 at 10:13 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

That makes my blackened shrivelled heart practically murmur with hope.

Turyalyon becoming Yrel 2.0, calling it now!

Never happen, the Alliance isn't the evil faction the Horde is. Baine and Lor'themar are the next villains, they go crazy after the Botani infest them with spores driving them evil crazy. Forcing the Alliance once again to put down the evil Horde, oh and the Botani have allied with the Night Elves before this happens. But there is no correlation between these two events.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm not so sure about that specifically, as in the current Shadowlands Beta Nathanos appears to be a world boss and is killable in the Eastern Plaguelands (at the Marris Stead), apparently in a redux scenario of his original world boss status from Classic..
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    At least it's not Pyromancer. That dude is like the Tsoukalos of WarCraft lore.
    I suppose it is good then that I do not know who that is. *shudders*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not so sure about that specifically, as in the current Shadowlands Beta Nathanos appears to be a world boss and is killable in the Eastern Plaguelands (at the Marris Stead), apparently in a redux scenario of his original world boss status from Classic..
    Contrary to what the popular meme says, people do not die when they are killed in Warcraft. I suspect if we do kill Nathanos he'll pop along later as a mini boss in the inevitable Sylvanas raid. Then again, it's possible the now missing cinematic has Sylvanas discard him and he only has a cameo role.

If any villain should be entirely unmoved by their minions or really anyone at all being killed it's Sylvanas and the Jailor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Contrary to what the popular meme says, people do not die when they are killed in Warcraft. I suspect if we do kill Nathanos he'll pop along later as a mini boss in the inevitable Sylvanas raid. Then again, it's possible the now missing cinematic has Sylvanas discard him and he only has a cameo role.

If any villain should be entirely unmoved by their minions or really anyone at all being killed it's Sylvanas and the Jailor.
    Becoming a world boss generally isn't a good sign that you're going to remain alive, though Nathanos has survived it before somehow. I'm more of a mind that Nathanos sacrifices himself as some form of diversion, though; based on his speech in the Beta.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Becoming a world boss generally isn't a good sign that you're going to remain alive, though Nathanos has survived it before somehow. I'm more of a mind that Nathanos sacrifices himself as some form of diversion, though; based on his speech in the Beta.
    Yeah, I can believe that last one. I just figure that if there's one expansion where death is unlikely to stick, it's this one.

3+ Year Old Account
    last time a highest ranking Lordaeronian survivor led the Alliance, it didn't turn out so good; but it would be poetic though if Turalyon did Garithos'ed Alleria and the Void Elves
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    last time a highest ranking Lordaeronian survivor led the Alliance, it didn't turn out so good; but it would be poetic though if Turalyon did Garithos'ed Alleria and the Void Elves
    Given that Turalyon has been in love with Alleria for what is apparently (for them) more than a thousand years, I highly doubt she or her followers will get the Garithos treatment anytime soon. Turalyon and Garithos were also very different people on the face of it.

Blah blah more of this moral equivalence nonsense Blizzard's been pushing.

I mean, he feign death the first time.

About Turalyon, Bellular clearly doesn't know the character or his progression. Turalyon is the Supreme Commander of the Alliance (his rank was never given to someone) that took back Stormwind and help Varian rebuilding it after all. So, being Stormwind's Regent Lord is nothing new for him.
    Last edited by Timester; 2020-07-04 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    I mean, he feign death the first time.
    Which you'd think wouldn't be that good of a fake-out maneuver vs. a 20-person raid, but Nathanos probably had a higher rank of Feign Death than what was available to playable Hunters. Or he was just really, really good at it. Like amazingly good.