Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Blizzard just suspended 74,000 accounts for botting.

That's freaking astronomical. Good to see they are doing things about botting in WoW, though.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ameplay/558339
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2020-06-18 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost ironic this came up as i reported someone for botting (clear as day it was botting) yesterday in fact, and that player was gone within a few hours of report.

Fukk botters and multi-boxers too, while we are at it.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

10+ Year Old Account
    Rekt

/10char
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

That's great and all, but ban waves are pointless if Gold Sellers have made their billions of gold in between them to profit off... These ban waves have zero impact on them other than catching out the odd actual player cheating.

Ban waves need to be a weekly occurrence, not every 3 months... those bots farming in rapidly respawning areas [amazing that Blizz gave them a drop table] are making 1.5m gold a week in raw gold, each, for example.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-18 at 12:16 AM.

theres been a big up roar in the classic fourms about botting wonder how many of those acouonts that were banned were from classic and how many were multibox botting instances htere

where did this number come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Front page

quite unexpected that they put a line in there about how bans are just the cost of doing business for large scale botters and they can only do so much.

We all know their efforts over the years can basically just maintain the status quo, and now they say they can only do so much? sounds like botting might be getting worse in the future.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-06-18 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    From Blizzard.

Including today’s actions, over the last month in the Americas, Oceania, and Europe regions, we’ve closed or suspended over 74,000 WoW accounts that were found to be in violation of our End-User License Agreement. The majority of these were found to be using gameplay automation tools, typically to farm resources or kill enemies much more efficiently than legitimate players can.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Front page
    Actually came from Wowhead since they had a thing on it first

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Or you could just, you know, link directly to the actual Blizzard forum post:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ameplay/558339

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Don't matter where, I was directing him to the big block of quote from Blizzard themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    quite unexpected that they put a line in there about how bans are just the cost of doing business for large scale botters and they can only do so much.
    Not sure why this is a surprise to you? It is literally impossible that they could ever fully eliminate botters/botting programs, much as it isn't possible for antivirus programs to fully eliminate viruses. There's always going to be people working around the clock to undo whatever protections are in place, like that is their sole drive, where as Blizz has to manage thousands of other moving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not sure why this is a surprise to you? It is literally impossible that they could ever fully eliminate botters/botting programs, much as it isn't possible for antivirus programs to fully eliminate viruses. There's always going to be people working around the clock to undo whatever protections are in place, like that is their sole drive, where as Blizz has to manage thousands of other moving parts.
    it's been just as impossible for the last 15 years. yet now it's suddenly worth mentioning this explicitly?

Good! I fucking hate bots!!! If I had my way, I'd hunt down every botter and hacker in their dimly lit run down apartment, grab them by the neck and just choke the shit out of them, and shove my foot up all the way up their ass and go "WHY ARE YOU DISRUPTING MY GAME PLAY WITH BOTTING AND HACKING MY ACCOUNTS AND TAKING ALL MY GOLD!?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Pfft, as if there are 74k players playing retail.

Jesting aside, I don't know if I just hit the right time of day for a change or not, but..... god dam I was able to grab a lot more Zin in Naz than I usually can.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    the blue post was made in the official classic forums though :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post

Jesting aside, I don't know if I just hit the right time of day for a change or not, but..... god dam I was able to grab a lot more Zin in Naz than I usually can.
    There seems to be more 8.0+ resources since the banwave started, to be honest.

suspend for 3 days

5+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance, I say. Tar and feathers for botters plx
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.