Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post

I'm just undecided if it is a bad thing or not... while buying your way to a geared character is now a option that many utilize you can still create your own pugs and clear content up to and including mythic although it is a bit harder the it used to be.
    Many? I highly doubt its many.

Mythic Nyalotha is extremely expensive and getting mythic 15 carries would be what? roughly $30 a week. I'm sure people do it, but not sure it would be many.

I buy tokens from time to time. Mainly because I don't have time like I used to, but I still raid in a guild and want to get the gear myself. I don't exactly see the point of buying your way to good gear and don't think people would be doing it in the masses
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2020-07-08 at 06:13 PM.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Many? I highly doubt its many.

Mythic Nyalotha is extremely expensive and getting mythic 15 carries would be what? roughly $30 a week. I'm sure people do it, but not sure it would be many.

I buy tokens from time to time. Mainly because I don't have time like I used to, but I still raid in a guild and want to get the gear myself. I don't exactly see the point of buying your way to good gear and don't think people would be doing it in the masses
    People using gold directly bought from tokens to buy gear are few and far between. (And of those people "buying" their gold, I'd say those buying their gold from disreputable sources are far more prevalent since tokens can only be purchased one at a time and there is a time frame for each one of them whereas you can buy a lump sum of a huge amount of gold from alternative sources.) People using the gold they stockpiled in WoD/Legion to purchase carries are far more common. These two expansions of unchecked gold generation are the reason we have the inflation we do right now. No amount of gold sinks can offset this so Blizzard just has to accept this new reality and make sure that they adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Both actually, thanks for the clarification there.
    Still having difficulty understanding what, exactly, you're trying to say.

I noticed in my little side hobby I do at the end of an expansion ( leveling a fresh alt on a new realm without contacts) that th entry level for a lack of a better term has changed quite drastically.

There has never been this level of players selling services to one another in any point of the game and from being on the seller's side of it I honestly believe it is fueled by the wow token.
    This is because people will buy gold. Before it was against the ToS to buy gold for real money. Rather than fight it, they just accepted it. With the token sale, they legitimized it and more importantly, made it safer to do so. Whether this is better is hard to say.

I personally think the solution they have is a good one. They are not directly selling so is not injecting new gold into the systems. They just facilitate the transaction between the buyer and seller.

If you or for or against the token though can we all agree it would be nice if blizzard accepted the real life money community they created and made it it's own lfg channel to stop people spamming it else where though.?
    I think directly allowing money to be used in transaction is a step too far. Not just for Blizzard but also for the seller with taxes and incomes etc. Lets not step though that door.

How is your inability, my problem. Read until you understand or skip things you don't and move on. Why the fuck should I care about your issues.
    You obviously have difficulty understanding how communication works. It's your job as the person communicating to make sure that your message is clear and that you are understood, it's not your audiences job to try and interpret your message in the hopes that they actually understand what you're trying to say.

That's how misunderstandings, and misinterpretations happen.

Your original message was unclear because you didn't even use the right term in it, and then your second post did nothing to clarify what you actually meant.

I'm trying to engage with you on this, and you pull this tough guy bullshit.

It's great. Always wanted to play WoW without paying real life money. The fact I can buy game time, expansions and anything I want with gold is just incredible!
    I would not play anywhere near as much if this got removed and would not play in the same way

Quote Originally Posted by heatherzora View Post
    It's great. Always wanted to play WoW without paying real life money. The fact I can buy game time, expansions and anything I want with gold is just incredible!
    I would not play anywhere near as much if this got removed and would not play in the same way
    This. Im an AH player, so for me its 10/10. I can make 200k any day of the week(ish)...We'll, some-times gold is slow on AH due to lull periods like now, but yea..
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I don't write for an audience, I wrote a clear message and hear you are busting my balls borderline harassing me at this point. Your problem is not my problem. The fact that you are still stuck on that post from what a week ago? says everything about you.
    Your point wasn't clear, that's the entire point I've been trying to make. But you seem to be fine with that. Just wanted to give you a chance to clarify what you meant, if you were interested in discussing it. Apparently not. That's fine, we can be done.

Literally the only way they could get away with removing the token is if the expansions went buy to play, unlimited game time as long as you have the most current expansion. If they never go that route expect them to stay in the game until that happens.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal