Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raider.IO question.

Hey.

Since every one seems to only care about this score, I'm wondering, Is it better to leave instantly if you notice that it's going to be a depleted run than to have a depleted run on your score?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people probably only care about your score and if you have completed the dungeon you are about to do before.

I wouldn't worry about depleting keys.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Since every one seems to only care about this score, I'm wondering, Is it better to leave instantly if you notice that it's going to be a depleted run than to have a depleted run on your score?
    So much context missing here...

Basic answer: you get score for every completed run, depleted or timed. More points for timed, but still points for depleted key.

Also: depleted runs are visible if someone actively checks your score at the website by clicking through your dungeons. That person has already shown more interest in you as a player than 99% of people who just look at a number ingame.

If your run is a complete desaster, sure leave it. But if you just feel like it's going to deplete but still complete there's no reason to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    So much context missing here...

Well, i don't really know how the system works, I thought the score was there to punish Low gear / bad player and reward good geared players, Like -points for depleted runs or any keys below a specific Number.

From all the talks i've heard about this system, I thought it was some really perfectionist elitism stuff, So was just wondering if depleted runs would give me lower score or remove points from the score.

Take a look at the points given:

You get more points for a timed 18 than a depleted 19.

One thing to remember is that the highest individual score for every dungeon is added up to your overall score.

Before that timed 18 the depleted 19 would have been the highest to count toward overall. There is nothing wrong in having depleted runs on your record.

You do not lose score by depleting a key. So much to answer your question.

Example:
    You have timed a +15 freehold, you get around 160 score.
    If you now do a +15 freehold but deplete it, you get around 120 score.
    In game, it will still show that you have timed a +15 freehold and the 160 score.
    On the website, it will show the 160 score, and via drop down menu, you can see all the keys you have done, even the depleted one. But only your highest score will be counted.

Note: numbers are not correct.

You will never be punished for depleting a key, so if you don't want to be a dick, always leave BEFORE the key starts and NEVER leave mid-run.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    There is nothing wrong in having depleted runs on your record.
    Ehhh. Careful with that kind of blanket statement. If I'm doing my weekly 15, for example, and I get two applicants -- one with 3 completed 15s and one with 8 depleted 15+'s -- I'm gonna take the guy who's actually timed a few 15s first. I'd probably take the dude in your example but having a bunch of depleted keys on your .io profile isn't as meaningless as you suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    You will never be punished for depleting a key, so if you don't want to be a dick, always leave BEFORE the key starts and NEVER leave mid-run.
    Bruh, this sounds like you did two +15 FHs, one which was timed and one that wasn't. The website shows you the one you timed first because it gave you more score.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ehhh. Careful with that kind of blanket statement. If I'm doing my weekly 15, for example, and I get two applicants -- one with 3 completed 15s and one with 8 depleted 15+'s -- I'm gonna take the guy who's actually timed a few 15s first. I'd probably take the dude in your example but having a bunch of depleted keys on your .io profile isn't as meaningless as you suggest.
    But that's working as intended because the second guy doesn't have the experience you are looking for. But if you wanted a player to time a 14 with you'd have no problem with depleted 15s on their score if they had timed 14s.

Depleted runs as such are not negative, they show how much experience you have compared to your timed runs.

While nothing is wrong with it but most of people here never did +20 keys , in any +20 keys people will also check your recent dungeon on top of your score so yes depleted key have negative effect for high keys .

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i don't really know how the system works, I thought the score was there to punish Low gear / bad player and reward good geared players, Like -points for depleted runs or any keys below a specific Number.

From all the talks i've heard about this system, I thought it was some really perfectionist elitism stuff, So was just wondering if depleted runs would give me lower score or remove points from the score.
    The system is there simply to prove that either you have done a M+ dungeon at a certain level or you have not. This could be you're actually good and contributed or you got carried the system has no way of knowing. Its just a tool PUGs can use to try and guess your level of experience but obviously its not perfect.

When i still played retail I didn't really give a shit about someone's IO score unless I was doing something over +12. I think its more about class utility than anything but I never had any interest in pushing the highest keys possible either, i still like to have fun in the game and min maxing nonsense like this isnt it for me.

IMO is just another elitist tool. Sometimes you pick a high lvl gearscore player that knows nothing about the mechanics of the fight. It's useless.

Knows the mechanics + Knowledge about your spec >>>>>>> abyss >>>>>> Gearscore

Quote Originally Posted by kugarm View Post
    IMO is just another elitist tool. Sometimes you pick a high lvl gearscore player that knows nothing about the mechanics of the fight. It's useless.

Knows the mechanics + Knowledge about your spec >>>>>>> abyss >>>>>> Gearscore
    R.IO shows more than gearscore. It shows whether you're actually completing dungeons/raids. It provides information that most people were checking before R.IO existed. It's a convenience tool more than anything. Now I can see all of the relevant information in one spot rather than looking a person up on the armory.

To be honest never understood people leaving depleted keys outside being lazy. Pretty happy I have a group of around 20~ ish people who are down for m+ all day it's pretty great. Better to foster teams like that than wholy relying on raider io

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    R.IO shows more than gearscore. It shows whether you're actually completing dungeons/raids. It provides information that most people were checking before R.IO existed. It's a convenience tool more than anything. Now I can see all of the relevant information in one spot rather than looking a person up on the armory.
    My point is about the players that wants to begin the raider path, it's frustrating be denied only because you don't have "statistics".

But I see logic in your point too.

Your Raider.IO score can only go up. Either your finished run's score is higher than the one you have on record for that dungeon, at which point your total score goes up, or your run's score is lower, at which point it isn't factored into your raider.io at all.

So all those people saying raider.io makes players leave because they don't want a bad run to tank their score are just making crap up and have no idea how the system works.

It's always good to finish the run, if anything for the loot so that you have more options for different builds and gear/corruption set ups.

If they don't need the gear and the run is going poorly people will leave regardless. Unless it's their key.

A couple things here:

Does the dungeon have a chance at offering an upgrade? If yes, see it through. +15s offer 465 gear and with the corruption vendor it's not really worth pulling the slot machine anymore for better corruptions. So if you have all 465+, you don't really need anything (except maybe trinkets).

Will completing the dungeon, despite it being depleted, raise your Raider.io score? If yes, see it through. There is no penalty to failing to time a dungeon in the raider.io system. Most people won't ever see it unless they go to the website and dig through your dungeons specifically. Generally speaking a dungeon is worth 10x it's key level in raider.io points. If you do really well and get a +2 or +3, you can earn up to 9.9 additional points. So a 12 is worth, at most, 129.9 and at worst 120. Most reasonable keys will be around 122-125. Failing to time the key begins to drop points from the score. If you miss time by a second or do, you might get a 118 or a 119 for that +12. If you're something like 30 minutes over, it will be around an 80.

So let's say you're doing an Atal'Dazar, your best run is a +13 and you're currently in a +15. If you think the group can still clear the dungeon without being more than ~10 minutes over the timer, it will likely be an improvement.

But let's say your best run is a +14 and you're in a +15, if it looks like the key is lost I'd drop straight away.

Unless it's for gear, there's no point in seeing a dungeon to the end anymore. Removing WF/TF and adding corruption to a vendor turned M+ into basically a competition for leaderboards. I only push right now to maintain my #1 BrM tank on my realm. I don't actually get anything from it anymore. If the key I am in looks to be a failure, I'll just drop it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    The system is there simply to prove that either you have done a M+ dungeon at a certain level or you have not. This could be you're actually good and contributed or you got carried the system has no way of knowing. Its just a tool PUGs can use to try and guess your level of experience but obviously its not perfect.

When i still played retail I didn't really give a shit about someone's IO score unless I was doing something over +12. I think its more about class utility than anything but I never had any interest in pushing the highest keys possible either, i still like to have fun in the game and min maxing nonsense like this isnt it for me.
    This might be one of the best posts ive seen on here about Raider IO, at least for lower keys. There are people who literally sell 15s so you KNOW that at least up to that level that score is honestly meaningless as someone could just be carried as a DPS. I always thought a Raider IO score for a DPS is almost meaningless until you get into really high keys...the tank and the other 2 dps can really carry a 3rd dps hard

Unlike with parsing the raider IO score literally just says your GROUP completed this level of key doesnt say how well you actually did in it or how well you did compared to your same spec in that key for the week

10+ Year Old Account
    You can gain score for a depleted key if its your best/highest. You do not lose score for a depleted run in any context.

You also still get gear. Another worthwhile benefit that I don't think should be dimissed for someone who is obviously still building their m+ "resume" so-to-speak is that you gain experience, either functionally -- if you haven't run that instance a lot on that key level yet -- or just in terms of your run history on the site. The only thing you lose for a ruined key is the time.

(obviously experience is of significant less value if you already have a bunch but based on the question, I'm going to guess you probably don't)

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Unless it's for gear, there's no point in seeing a dungeon to the end anymore. Removing WF/TF and adding corruption to a vendor turned M+ into basically a competition for leaderboards. I only push right now to maintain my #1 BrM tank on my realm. I don't actually get anything from it anymore. If the key I am in looks to be a failure, I'll just drop it.
    I realise most people don't give a fuck, but the other big reason to see a dungeon to the end is for the other four people in the group that just dedicated 30+ minutes of their time to the run, for whom there might be an upgrade, improved score, or experience in it for them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |