Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The realm character limit was removed a while ago. So it's just the 50 characters limit now.
    I wasn't aware of that - my bad - thanks for the info.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I believe so. Don't think RPpvp exist as a tag anymore but still, rather not have RP servers mashed with other servers.
    RP-PvP hasn't existed since Legion afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone from a previously dead realm, yes connected realms help alot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Connected realms are great. Especially for small RP realms like mine it's helped out a lot in the past.

I'll agree that CRZ sucks. Cross-Realm Zones have all the costs of connected realms (more annoying people to deal with), without any of the benefits of community, friendships, better market, and joining guilds.

I'm deeply looking forward to more mergers. My realm has been in dire need of it for 5 years.

Connected realms is a great feature for me.. Empty cities is so depressing.

I PUG every day, so active channels are important as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Connected realms are fine. It's everything that you get in a merged realm with less disruption to personal stuff like character and guild names.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of content do you even do? Absolutely I'm for connected realms. I'm on Korgath-US and that shit stays at low pop 24/7. It's not the worst thing in the world, but you're limited to what type of guilds you can join. The biggest reason it's important is because of how you're limited when interacting with other players. You can't trade with people not connected or on the same realm as you. That's HUGE. Part of what brings the community together is interacting.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Ya i know before i type this that some people are going to say that small realms don't have a community and that by merging a small realm with other small realms helps make a healthier community but in reality does it really? I play on US-Coilfang, probably one of the last few that does and aside from the random idiotic thing said in chat or Auction House advertisement no one says anything ever. It's done nothing to make my community thrive in fact one might say it's gotten the few people that did still play on my realm to either quit or become impossible to find.
    kinda petty complaint,but honestly they should just merge the conected realms and be done with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    CRZ and realm connections killed server identity. Anyone that argues against this never played WoW before these things.
    I've played since Vanilla...I prefer getting a instance in 10-15 minutes as opposed to spending hours in a major city spamming trade chat. Plus this community so many people claim there was just frankly wasn't as significant and some people claim it is (gotta love rose tinted glasses!). Both then and now it was mostly the same....group forms, group clears or fails to clear, and group separates.

I did my job and I didn't shit talk people...it was never "Lets all add each other so we can do more runs some time!" that some people claim it was. It wasn't this massive connected community that people claim...all contained servers really had that connected doesn't is the ability to name and shame someone if they're a real asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    LoL - this is just one huge logical fallacy. It pains me that people genuinely think like this. For many people the concept of server identity was garbage right from day 1. It only existed for those who wanted it to - those who bought into the concept. All these stories of people being chased off realms, forced to roll new characters on new servers, swapping factions - all pure fabrication in the heads of the people who honestly thought there QQ spam in trade actually resulted in anything other than looking like a pathetic little child crying that their brother stole their favorite toy.

People formed ninja raids all through vanilla, bc, wrath - nothing stopped them. Sure, a few would spam in trade "but but but, this person is a ninja! dont group with them!". 5 minutes later their raid was full, they ran the content, ninjad the loot, and nothing happened. People spammed trade endlessly for years and nothing happened. The overwhelming majority of players do not give two shits what some other random player thinks of another random player.

Even top end guilds would poach players endlessly back and forth, and nothing happened. Player1 would get booted from a guild for whatever reason, and they would be back in a new guild clearing the same content by the end of the day.

The other thing people lean on is "oh but back in the day, i had a friends list of good people, thats all gone now!"
    Well, thats on the player. My friend list through real id and communities has only GROWN, as i have access to more and more people to play with. If you choice to believe in server identity, thats absolutely fine - i have no issue with that - but to outright claim that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is wrong and didnt play before CRZ is desperate, and a logical fallacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Explain how that has changed since vanilla. Considering that myself and countless others have played through all content in Classic, without a guild, and with an empty or near empty friend list.
    Found the WoD baby

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Trouble with server identity is that said "identity" usually just boiled down to a few specific people you remember in /2. with mergers now you just have two sets of people. I love my realm, but being honest after it got joined with another all that really changed was we had some banter/bickering back and forth about whos server sucked for a bit, and then eventually we found common ground and bonded by insulting the guy trying to sell a skull flame shields for 400-800K.

I can't say with 100% accuracy that this was the case for all servers, but i'm willing to bet that "Identity" in a lot of cases is mostly overblown or nostalgia, and in truth ether still exists within the expanded group, or where really very minor or nonexistent idiosyncrasies.
    Server identity? Oh, you mean being able to see the same players all the time? Bumping into recognizable usernames all over, and not just in cities or /2?

I like connected realms that can share things and join each others guilds etc. I despise, beyond words CRZ. There is nothing good about CRZ. I wanted to go farm the Dino mounts in MoP. Good luck buddy there were a 100 people doing the same thing from 50 different servers. CRZ is hands down the worst thing about WoW.

Due to declining population every zone is CRZ'd these days, even in the current expansion, so it really doesn't matter. All connecting realms does is make the auction house better and help guilds recruit.

I would vastly prefer connecting a lot more realms and disabling CRZ entirely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Found the WoD baby

- - - Updated - - -

Server identity? Oh, you mean being able to see the same players all the time? Bumping into recognizable usernames all over, and not just in cities or /2?
    I actually agree with the person you quoted, and I started playing back in TBC. Am I somehow a WOD baby now too?

I don't mind connected realms but I don't like CRZ

kind of dishonest since I would rather realms not be connected but will I throw a fit about it? Nah.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-07-06 at 01:01 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just go do a megaserver for their specic type of play (RP megaserver) (Normal Mega server) etc etc.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They should just go do a megaserver for their specic type of play (RP megaserver) (Normal Mega server) etc etc.
    If they ever solve the naming problem, sure.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to know if this will affect character names or not. Or will we still have the "name-server name" thingy to differentiate. I will quit the game before I change the name of my 13 year old character!

Also, as an addendum - it is LONG past time they relaxed naming rules. C'mon...allow some special characters like ' or . or -. FFXIV has a much better naming system allowing for more freedom. Sure some idiots will exploit it to use rude words cos they are "super cool" but they can be reported.
    Last edited by Raelyn; 2020-07-06 at 02:08 AM.

CRZ and realm connections killed server identity. Anyone that argues against this never played WoW before these things.
    And that is your opionion, does not make it a fact.

I played wow since Vanilla beta. Im on a very large realm and I still know all the important people on my realm, many of us do. I see many of them in Org on a regular basis, in .4 things like that. CRZ has just made questing and crap like that easier as there is almost always someone around to help out with stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know about your server but on my medium one only place I would sometimes see the same people more then once was sitting around what ever major hub the game had... past that I payed zero mind to anyone sharing the open world with me. heck back when it was most likely to happen (BC with its very minor selection of daily hubs) I don't really recall running into a familiar face... Admittedly that was many years ago by now, but I still don't have any recollection of "that guy". Best case once again was the randos in /2 who always where trying to oversell their crap...
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-07-06 at 04:11 AM.

Server identity.. It's as much as an identity as you want it to be. If you got one server, it got a server identity. Then another server got the same. Then they connect. Now they make a new server identity.

X-realms might be different sure. But before Legion my two connected servers made their own identity, and still got it even now.