Maldraxxus and raw materials (Possible spoilers?)

Hey guys, I've got a question.

I'm kinda wondering, since, as far as I know, only souls enter the Shadowlands, how does Maldraxxus keep reanimating things?
    There's gotta be a flow of corpses from somewhere, flesh, bones, sinew. (Maybe I just missed something.)

Anyway, thanks for your time and have a nice day

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPaper View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a question.

I'm kinda wondering, since, as far as I know, only souls enter the Shadowlands, how does Maldraxxus keep reanimating things?
    There's gotta be a flow of corpses from somewhere, flesh, bones, sinew. (Maybe I just missed something.)

Anyway, thanks for your time and have a nice day
    Anima. Anima is the magic/physics that fuels everything in the shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It appears that substance, for lack of a better term, does exist in the Shadowlands - it is likely that the flesh, bones, and sinew that is used in Maldraxxus is likely made of congealed or concentrated anima, shaped into physical mass, and then essential anima is used to animate it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    You know all the boar livers and punctured wolf pelts you've forgotten (or didnt get to) to loot over the years?

Yeah.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    You know all the boar livers and punctured wolf pelts you've forgotten (or didnt get to) to loot over the years?

Yeah.
    Joining the Jailer sounds like a better and better idea with each passing day. Destroy Maldraxxus and get 100% drop rate during organ harvesting quests permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It appears that substance, for lack of a better term, does exist in the Shadowlands - it is likely that the flesh, bones, and sinew that is used in Maldraxxus is likely made of congealed or concentrated anima, shaped into physical mass, and then essential anima is used to animate it.
    "So we have a substance that can be formed into anything - what look do you prefer for our soldiers?"

"Lets go with shitty ragged skeleton look".

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "So we have a substance that can be formed into anything - what look do you prefer for our soldiers?"

I can explain. In order to make the timeloop stable and nostalgia can be pandered to, Maldraxxus must look shitty so that scourge can rip off their style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Aesthetics are always subjective, and the "undead" of Maldraxxus definitely look more sinister and put-together than their Scourge counterparts. I would wager the Maldraxxans probably regale in the trappings of death itself, given their location and original purpose - skeletons, cowls, etc. etc. Makes a lot of sense for a society that quite literally inhabits the realms of the afterlife.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I can explain. In order to make the timeloop stable and nostalgia can be pandered to, Maldraxxus must look shitty so that scourge can rip off their style.
    Why make the Scourge rip them off in the first place? The Scourge "aesthetic" was always just a combination of the biggest races/cultures it conquered (i.e. human and Nerubian (which is an evolution of Tol'vir architecture)). The Scourge style only exists because of this syncretism so it doesn't make any sense for Maldraxxus to have the same style with the explanation that the Scourge somehow copied them because they wanted to look just as edgy. This is really dumb world building.

But hey... it makes for good nostalgia bait.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-07-08 at 06:29 PM.