1. #1

    Is nobody excited for rogue in shadowlands?

    Seems all I see and hear is a bunch of crying. And it baffles me. Every spec as it stand currently looks great. Sub actually looking viable is one of the best things to happen. And even if it doesn’t perform to top assass. Who cares. Assass is still loads of fun to play and even outlaw looks great. I get we didn’t get 40 of our old abilities back. But come on, y’all complaining about covenants when night fae and necro look to be some of the most OP when you look at shadowlands logs.

    Could rogues use a little flavor? of course. But the specs all work. Could be worse. You could be a shadow priest with no borrowed power.

    Rogues ain’t that bad. Breathe bois.

  2. #2
    I'm glad sub is (hopefully) coming back as a viable spec. I was fine with rogue in BfA but I just want a third option back. However, I can't really say if I'm happy or not without playing the spec myself tbh

  3. #3
    SnD is coming back for Assa, which means we'll have to use it to play optimal. There's nothing fun in doing that. It's just another ability that we need to keep up. I just fear that everything will be balanced around it, so we will have to put up garrote, rupture, and SnD on ourselves to actually do any damage in PvP... which sucks. Because I'd like to have faster heavy bursts, just as it was.

    Subtlety still is far from being as good as it was in WoD.

    Outlaw will be tested by myself, would maybe at last enjoy it, though I think that I would still play with Assa.

  4. #4
    Make Sub a single-Katana-wielding actual Ninja and i promise i will create one hype thread per day on the officiel forums until SL launches.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Make Sub a single-Katana-wielding actual Ninja and i promise i will create one hype thread per day on the officiel forums until SL launches.
    better watch what you say, talk like that and you pull the aggro from Shoegazing and cause them to enrage for suggesting a sub change.

    But for real i wish they would have doubled down on the whole ninja thing, i feel like they flirted with the idea but where afraid to commit to it and now we have a spec that has no identity

  6. #6
    Point is, while the class works, it's not that fun to play and all "revamps" ended in our class gettung gutted basically. I'm kinda optimist for the changes but we've been screwed for so many times that there's no way this time it wont happen again.

    Though mostly the problem lies into how shit Azerite, Artifacts and all these systems are just bad overall.

    There's literally nothing to be hyped about. "the class works so it's not bad" is a crappy argument - ALL classes SHOULD "WORK" by default, otherwise why we have class designers.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-05 at 09:14 AM.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  7. #7
    Is there ever a reason to be excited for rogues? It was always the class that just worked, which is the reason our resource model was adapted for many DPS specs.
    The flashiest event in rogue history, seen from a buzzfeed article kinda way, would have been the legendary daggers in Cataclysm.
    One could argue that some things are broken (hi, shoegazing) and the actual numbers, and the rankings, go up and down with every patch, like always. But as far as i can see and say, you can play any spec with any preferred talents and azerite powers and essences in about 95% of the content.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Is there ever a reason to be excited for rogues? It was always the class that just worked, which is the reason our resource model was adapted for many DPS specs.
    The flashiest event in rogue history, seen from a buzzfeed article kinda way, would have been the legendary daggers in Cataclysm.
    One could argue that some things are broken (hi, shoegazing) and the actual numbers, and the rankings, go up and down with every patch, like always. But as far as i can see and say, you can play any spec with any preferred talents and azerite powers and essences in about 95% of the content.
    I know it couldn't really last as it was too busted but Rogues late in Legion being unkillable one shot gods was a blast. Shoulders+pants with imp feint and iron stomach. So much healing and damage reduction while being able to literally one shot fully geared tanks was nuts. 1v5ing multiboxing hunters/blood DKs. Rip.

    After that, everything else seems so weak it's hard to find a good balance.

    I'm hopeful for Shadowlands as rogues right now are nice but honestly, across the board for all classes, essences and azerite pieces with all the procs and random effects it's just too much. They really overdid the complexity without offering much in the way of customization, which is honestly brain wrinkling. I truly wish they would just bring back the old talent trees and let you dual spec into them (So you can main Sub and dip into outlaw or sin but not both). Almost like a Major/Minor spec. That'd be pretty dope and offer up some nice customization.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD

  9. #9
    reckful just committed suicide and your calling rogues a bunch of cry babies? um i think sub should be better and from the looks is getting fixed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Point is, while the class works, it's not that fun to play and all "revamps" ended in our class gettung gutted basically. I'm kinda optimist for the changes but we've been screwed for so many times that there's no way this time it wont happen again.

    Though mostly the problem lies into how shit Azerite, Artifacts and all these systems are just bad overall.

    There's literally nothing to be hyped about. "the class works so it's not bad" is a crappy argument - ALL classes SHOULD "WORK" by default, otherwise why we have class designers.
    reckful committed suicide glad sub is getting fixed. wow for stuff to get this bad i must say do you think blizzard has a heart? from the judging of things its getting fixed so thats a plus.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-07-05 at 04:30 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    reckful just committed suicide and your calling rogues a bunch of cry babies? um i think sub should be better and from the looks is getting fixed.
    Wtf does him committing suicide have to do with anything being discussed here?

    A low and very unnecessary blow for no reason.

    Topic:
    I haven't followed much of what is happening with aby classes in Shadowlands but since I'm going back to dps, I'll pick from my main since vanilla, rogue or my new love, fury warrior.

    The little I have seen from rogues seem nice, SnD is meh, just another thing to put on rotation but yea. We'll see when we get closer to launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

  11. #11
    Doesn't sub not have all it's talents yet? Isn't muti exactly the same aside from SnD?

    I'm getting the impression that rogues haven't gotten their 'big' pass yet. Maybe they'll be some hype if they flip in some big exciting changes.

    Personally, if they don't fuck SnD off for muti or at least put in cut to the chase and rework poison bomb to be actually interactive at all or replace it my hype thrusters are cold.

  12. #12
    its an observation not a low blow.. reckful played rogue and his last movies date back to wod. blizzard is fucking with peoples mental health.. keep rogue working and fixed not broken.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    its an observation not a low blow.. reckful played rogue and his last movies date back to wod. blizzard is fucking with peoples mental health.. keep rogue working and fixed not broken.
    What the fuck is this mental gymnastics? You're insinuating Blizzards balancing led to a man commiting suicide? The fuck is wrong with you?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  14. #14
    stop punting words in my mouth. go find a job
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire WFD1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    reckful just committed suicide and your calling rogues a bunch of cry babies? um i think sub should be better and from the looks is getting fixed.
    No.....just no. (on you randomly bringing up someone's suicide)

  16. #16
    subs getting fixed what you gonna do about it..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    its an observation not a low blow.. reckful played rogue and his last movies date back to wod. blizzard is fucking with peoples mental health.. keep rogue working and fixed not broken.
    If you are insinuating that he committed suicide because of Blizzard (you said they were fucking with peoples health) and the state of rogues now and Shadowlands (you said keep rogues working and fixed not broken, hence insinuating that had something to do with the suicide) then you are beyond stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

  18. #18
    blizzard keeps nerfing rogue into the ground i doubt we are excited to play at this point..
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  19. #19
    “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

  20. #20
    Ok, this derailed pretty quickly. Closing.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •