Poll: Ok time to pick a side. French Fries and Ketchup.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Alright at this point I'm gonna have to just cough this up as a "you" issue.

1) Your food is nasty greasy to the point that your hand is getting coated in it.
    You made that shit up, it's not coated in it like I dipped my hand in grease, I never talked about amount, it's you guys who are totally fine with getting grease on ur fingers, regardless if it's little it's still enough to leave stains.

2) You're eating your food while using controllers or at a computer instead of at a table (literally how are you criticizing table manners while not eating at a table)
    When football is on, people eat in front of TV, where there is a cup going on, with friends. maybe you don't watch sports with friends? Normally one sits at table.

3) You're in a situation of both the above, and don't have a damp towel nearby to wipe your fingers on or the desire to get up and wash your fingers off before touching anything.

To which I'd say, ew.
    Your eating the way u need a towel to begin with...to which I say, ew..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Only filthy children drizzle it all over the top, getting their hands covered in ketchup...

- - - Updated - - -

There's many variations of mayonnaise, Hellman's goes great with chunky home made chips.
    Imagine living in a world where forks don't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    There is a huge difference between a salad and fries.
    You eat salad with a fork, fries are finger food and therefore supposed to be eaten by hand.
    That's wildly unsanitary.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    You made that shit up, it's not coated in it like I dipped my hand in grease, I never talked about amount, it's you guys who are totally fine with getting grease on ur fingers, regardless if it's little it's still enough to leave stains.
    Aren't you the one who said
    "U eat fries at home with ur fingers getting all greasy?"

Never have I said anything about my fries being greasy. Usually they're crispy and dry.

Because I use an air fryer for mine. Not oil. Just saying!

When football is on, people eat in front of TV, where there is a cup going on, with friends. maybe you don't watch sports with friends? Normally one sits at table.
    You're the one that mentioned eating at a computer, not just the TV. I wouldn't ever eat while handling my electronics.

Your eating the way u need a towel to begin with...to which I say, ew..
    This is just you intentionally misinterpreting what I'm saying. I'm going to bounce out from this now though because it's just going in circles for no real reason, since you were the one to mention your fries being greasy enough that you have to eat them with a fork, so it goes without saying that the one who would have the risk of grease being tracked on things is you?

Considering I use an air fryer especially, never had the need to have a damp towel nearby. But if your fries are that bad, it would only make sense to. Instead of you know, shaming people for eating fries with their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    Maybe if you're dipping your hands in the toilet instead of washing them first I guess?

7+ Year Old Account
    Only is if you don't wash your hands before and after eating, like any civilized person should.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you the one who said
    "U eat fries at home with ur fingers getting all greasy?"

Never have I said anything about my fries being greasy. Usually they're crispy and dry.

Because I use an air fryer for mine. Not oil. Just saying!

You're the one that mentioned eating at a computer, not just the TV. I wouldn't ever eat while handling my electronics.

This is just you intentionally misinterpreting what I'm saying. I'm going to bounce out from this now though because it's just going in circles for no real reason, since you were the one to mention your fries being greasy enough that you have to eat them with a fork, so it goes without saying that the one who would have the risk of grease being tracked on things is you?

Considering I use an air fryer especially, never had the need to have a damp towel nearby. But if your fries are that bad, it would only make sense to. Instead of you know, shaming people for eating fries with their hands.

Maybe if you're dipping your hands in the toilet instead of washing them first I guess?
    Let's just pretend that eating with a fork isn't more sanitary, and isn't less likely to cause a salty, greasy mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Only is if you don't wash your hands before and after eating, like any civilized person should.
    Compared to using a washed utensil, it's still less sanitary.
    Make your own groups!!!

I don't think it's "wildly unsanitary" to eat food with properly-washed hands, this is such a ridiculous exaggeration by all means; but it's still varying levels of unsanitary comparative to using utensils, because microbes stick on skin better than utensils in general, and peoples' hands have the tendency to touch places they should not be touching, all the time.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I don't think it's "wildly unsanitary" to eat food with properly-washed hands, this is such a ridiculous exaggeration by all means; but it's still varying levels of unsanitary comparative to using utensils, because microbes stick on skin better than utensils in general, and peoples' hands have the tendency to touch places they should not be touching, all the time.
    Yes, the exaggeration was intentional.
    Make your own groups!!!

Do you dip your salad in dressing, or do you drizzle dressing on top of your salad?
    Do you eat your fries with a knife and fork? I mean, seriously, things have names for a reason:

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Fingerfoods ought to be dipped instead of plastered all over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I'm telling you, OP is an AI that some psycho dropped off on MMO champion so it could learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    I'm telling you, OP is an AI that some psycho dropped off on MMO champion so it could learn.
    This is a long running theory. About 1/2 the posts are basically customer surveys.

Imagine living in a world where forks don't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you eat your sandwiches with a knife and fork too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Do you eat your fries with a knife and fork? I mean, seriously, things have names for a reason:
    Doesn't mean you can't eat them with utensils, or that their quality and taste magically diminishes in the presence of utensils.

Anyway, I eat my fries/finger food with a fork, due to hygiene reasons(consequence of getting food poisoning all the damn time when I was young, hated having the runs), but I am also not going to be anal about properly-washed hands touching food in general, as long as people don't touch anything other than food until they are done.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    I eat them with a fork, because I don't want excessive hand-to-mouth bacterial transmission, or unnecessary grease and salt on my hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on the sandwich or bread type. It's not a novel concept.
    Make your own groups!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a long running theory. About 1/2 the posts are basically customer surveys.

Smart AI avoiding detection from humans. Skynet.

My sandwiches, burgers and whatnot generally come with a napkin or some sort of wrapper, yeah? Packaging are utensils in their own right, in this context.

Depends on the sandwich or bread type. It's not a novel concept.
    The only time I've ever seen a person use utensils on a sandwich was a knife to cut it in half and spread mayo. You're harming your immune system by not giving it enough of a challenge. This statement brought to you by Bullshit. "Bullshit: It's when I make stuff up."

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I've ever seen a person use utensils on a sandwich was a knife to cut it in half and spread mayo. You're harming your immune system by not giving it enough of a challenge. This statement brought to you by Bullshit. "Bullshit: It's when I make stuff up."
    I haven't had any sort of illness, mild or otherwise, since like 2008. They based super-heroes on my immune system. This statement brought to you by Bullshit. "Bullshit: It's when I make stuff up."
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Anyway, I eat my fries/finger food with a fork, due to hygiene reasons(consequence of getting food poisoning all the damn time when I was young, hated having the runs),
    These things are probably unrelated, unless the cook isn't washing their hands after the bathroom.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't had any sort of illness, mild or otherwise, since like 2008. They based super-heroes on my immune system. This statement brought to you by Bullshit. "Bullshit: It's when I make stuff up."
    There may have been some hidden text in that message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question for dippers:

Do you dip your salad in dressing, or do you drizzle dressing on top of your salad?
    Follow-up question:

Do you dip your noodles in sauce?
    Make your own groups!!!

These things are probably unrelated, unless the cook isn't washing their hands after the bathroom.
    Or people are more than capable of unwittingly doing random things with their hands after washing them. Touching their faces, touching tables and chairs, scratching their heads, or basically touching anything that isn't food or whatever utensils came with them.