Thread: Dis-enchanting

Question Dis-enchanting

My main had been the only character I had Enchanting on and so, naturally, I maxed it.
    Now I am adding it to some farming alts, despite having played for years, I don't know the answer to this one.

Is there a minimum Enchanting level, for the content in each expansion, to disenchant the highest items within it?
    In other words, is there be a level for Outland, Northrend, etc - that needs to be reached, in order to not worry about disenchanting what I might find?

I'm guessing the answer is simple and it's max level enchanting, to disenchant max level items, but it might not be so. For all I know, it could be 50 levels below maximum.

Thanks!

There used to be level requirements on disenchanting but they got rid of it in recent expansions. Don’t know when. Older items might still have requirements

Quote Originally Posted by UpsideDownCoffee View Post
    There used to be level requirements on disenchanting but they got rid of it in recent expansions. Don’t know when. Older items might still have requirements
    I figured that's how it was / is, but a main's professions are always maxed and no questions are asked.
    Thanks for confirmation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you disenchant high level stuff when ur low level, you get 1/10 of the dust or shard

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I think if you disenchant high level stuff when ur low level, you get 1/10 of the dust or shard
    This is how WoD stuff works I know, you can still see it from the Blingtron when you get like, fractured crystals.

Legion gives less mats I think, and I'm not sure about MoP. I know MoP had the ore shards for mining, so I would think the enchanting has similar but could be wrong.