Poll: What will you be?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I will choose my covenant based on...

Hey there,

I created the poll to see what reason people have to choose a certain covenant.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Necrolord, for almost all it encompasses.

I Actually don't care about anything else. Venthyr has the coolest covenant ability, by far. They'd have to nerf the range significantly for me to even consider anything else.

If so it would probably be Necrolords, for the aesthetic.

You missed one option: I will choose whatever is best based on sims.

Voted all except Kyrian's Aesthetics and Path of Ascension since they are the two I care about the least.

I was gonna vote all but thought it would be to hype so I decided to cut two of them just for reasons. I just really like Covenants.

I haven’t decided yet, going to pick based on which I like best when I play the game then have 3 alts to play the rest.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    ^ this.

Feeling bad for multi role players who like minxmaxing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    ^ this.

Feeling bad for multi role players who like minxmaxing though.
    Thirded.

That said, if we lived in an impossible fantasy world where all were equal, it'd be between Necrolords & Kyrian. I don't care about story & aesthetics are all interesting in their own right, but the boss rush/abomination stuff just sounds a lot more fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hope there gonna be new BG, like covenant wars = 10 members of one covenant vs 10 of other one. (or new 40vs40)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Currently undecided and it will primarily be based on what I decide to main. I'm currently torn between maining Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin and Monk.

If I decide to go for DK, its between Necrolord and Venthyr, leaning more towards Necrolord.

For Warrior - Kyrian or Venthyr, leaning towards Kyrian.

For Paladin - undoubtedly Kyrian.

For Monk - Night Fae for sure.

As far as the aesthetic overall that I prefer the most, its actually Kyrian. Elysian Hold looks beautiful, the back attachments look fantastic and the plate sets are decent. Kyrian also has the best side feature for me, which is the path of ascension. Also, both Warrior and Paladin abilities seem like great fun from what I've seen - Divine Toll and Spear. The only thing currently putting me off Kyrian is the signature ability is a bit lame compared to the other three, but I can still see it being pretty strong in a lot of situations and I can't see it negatively impacting me pushing high keys, BG's, etc.

Night Fae, I do like the aesthetic of the zone/covenant and I feel thematically it does suit a monk. Also the faeline ability for Monks looks like a lot of fun and the animation is beautiful. Ironically, even though if I main Monk it will be Night Fae for sure, I'm not a fan of the leather transmog from the Night Fae, the only one that appeals to me is the plate set.

I'm heavily leaning towards my Death Knight as my main for SL. If I do main it, I very likely will go Necrolord as the theme just fits DK's perfectly. The abomination factory looks a load of fun, and will certainly have its uses in WPvP. The extra limb ability will be a lot of fun too and have some strong uses in certain content. Whilst the shield certainly isn't as ''desirable'' as Venthyr teleport and Night Fae blink, I can still see it being pretty damn strong during raid encounters, PvP and Mythic.

Venthyr - I like the aesthetic to an exten, but Sinfall isn't really doing it for me so far as a covenant hall. Also, the ember court doesn't look as enticing as the other covenant signature features. It definitely has some strengths to it though because of the teleport which will be awesome for WPvP and world content (I don't see it being as strong for Mythic+ as people seem to imply, and I actually think it will cause more problems than it actually solves, in pugs especially, I certainly can't see it being compulsory for groups.) and the conduits/soulbinds look pretty strong too. I'll have to see to how I feel after more beta coverage and closer to expansion launch.

Basically, I'm totally undecided at the moment and there are several factors in play into what I choose, but I like all four enough and see the merit and strengths in all of them to be pretty happy with whatever choice I do make. I don't believe I'll be handicapped in doing content that I want to do (pushing keys in the +15 - +20 range, BG's/Arena/World PvP, and pugging heroic raids.) by choosing a ''lesser'' covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I don't even think the sims are going to be what clinches it. There may be a couple of specs where one choice is clearly OP, but this will likely be toned down.

I reckon it'll come down to the movement abilities. That's going to determine if you live or die, which is more important than 2% boss damage. Things like the Venthyr teleport could easily be used for skipping shitty groups in M+.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ill pick the 1 that ends up overall best for Blood DK, dont care for the transmog from any, as ill be using the same old mog ive been using for years.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Thirded.

That said, if we lived in an impossible fantasy world where all were equal, it'd be between Necrolords & Kyrian. I don't care about story & aesthetics are all interesting in their own right, but the boss rush/abomination stuff just sounds a lot more fun.
    Fae or Venthyr for me. Really love the mystic element of Fae and the royal vampire aesthetic of Venthyr Covenant. If I go casual I'll just go along with what I like best.

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already decided who is going where based on each character's personal story.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Venthyr abilities/soulbinds across the board are busted. Gotta go with them.

I will choose a covenant for my characters based on their personal story. So I can't pick any option.

I'm all about story and aesthetics. Couldn't care less about abilities, they're all just interchangeable swirly effects and shit anyway.

I'm a normal person, so I'll chose my covenant based on story and aesthetics. Therefore I have decided that on my void elf main I will go for venthyr.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I don't even think the sims are going to be what clinches it. There may be a couple of specs where one choice is clearly OP, but this will likely be toned down.

I reckon it'll come down to the movement abilities. That's going to determine if you live or die, which is more important than 2% boss damage. Things like the Venthyr teleport could easily be used for skipping shitty groups in M+.
    This is provided everyone in the group has the Venthyr ability, and that the using the teleport to skip packs wont create issues later on, such as potential boss wipes and not having the teleport off cooldown, or missing trash % and having to go back and clear anyway.

I honestly don't see the teleport being a massive game changer or compulsory. Players of any covenant will still be able to push high keys, regardless of their covenant signature ability.

I foresee the Venthyr teleport being similar to people in +7's who demand Prot Warriors to be their tanks for the run because they see them used on the MDI or just hear they're ''OP'' from word of mouth. It will become more of a meme than anything.