Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Even in Vanilla, Windfury procs could kill you in one shot. This is nothing new.
    Yeah, but at least there was counterplay. Stun, never get hit, etc.. and here, you get fucking hit by a star when the guy is stunned, smh. And then it was removed just as arena came.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Jaysus... May 8.3 never be a thing ever again once SL comes out.
    Imagine all the people whining about an EXTREMELY rare case of someone stacking a ridiculous amount of IS on a tank spec of a class in order to get 3-4 immunities to even have a chance at pulling it off and pretending its the biggest issue in pvp. It's hardly on the pvp teams radar, and would be stupid to address it, especially with how few could farm it fast enough before end of xpac. Do we need to post blood dk 1v2 videos from the past, there will always be opportunity for someone to find some extremely rare cheese strats.

Corruption has settled in with the rotation vendor, and is very welcomed by myself and other players. It's been awhile since I have had this much fun and done this much damage (with all the %haste and Ineffable Truth my DH feels like a bloodlusting eye cannon all day and it feels AMAZING). I actually loathe SL knowing how bad its going to feel losing all this stuff. Wish they would make expansions more like a patch reset with more content where you dont necessarily feel too much weaker if you had high ilvl prior to the patch. This whole dropping to 50, losing furious gaze, losing corruption, etc, makes me sick just thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I'm not going to pretend to be a galaxy brain PvP lord but when you see shit like

On blizzard streams I'm inclined to think it was a little bit worse than a gimmick.
    It's a terribly implemented system, and I hate that Blizzard didn't delete this BS in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Yeah, but at least there was counterplay. Stun, never get hit, etc.. and here, you get fucking hit by a star when the guy is stunned, smh. And then it was removed just as arena came.
    Yeah? At least there's counterplay to this as well as evidenced by the video.

So maybe stop crying about some shit you will most likely never see personally anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    It's a terribly implemented system, and I hate that Blizzard didn't delete this BS in PVP.
    I also hate that blizzard didnt sets bs pvp.

There is counterplay, but that's not the point. As you can see in the vid, if you proc it right, you're able to 1 shot the competition in 1 ability. It's bad, suicidal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Yeah? At least there's counterplay to this as well as evidenced by the video.

So maybe stop crying about some shit you will most likely never see personally anyway.
    Wow, you are so constructive "I think this doesn't concern you, therefore stfu". Nice.

Sure, the counterplay to this is GiT LuCkY yOu NOOb

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Imagine all the people whining about an EXTREMELY rare case of someone stacking a ridiculous amount of IS on a tank spec of a class in order to get 3-4 immunities to even have a chance at pulling it off and pretending its the biggest issue in pvp. It's hardly on the pvp teams radar, and would be stupid to address it, especially with how few could farm it fast enough before end of xpac. Do we need to post blood dk 1v2 videos from the past, there will always be opportunity for someone to find some extremely rare cheese strats.

Corruption has settled in with the rotation vendor, and is very welcomed by myself and other players. It's been awhile since I have had this much fun and done this much damage (with all the %haste and Ineffable Truth my DH feels like a bloodlusting eye cannon all day and it feels AMAZING). I actually loathe SL knowing how bad its going to feel losing all this stuff. Wish they would make expansions more like a patch reset with more content where you dont necessarily feel too much weaker if you had high ilvl prior to the patch. This whole dropping to 50, losing furious gaze, losing corruption, etc, makes me sick just thinking about it.
    And imagine screeching like this @ a tongue-in-cheeke remark.

Tough shit, SL is coming. Can't wait!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-07-07 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Usynligepind View Post
    Think the majority in PvP don't play for Character progression of some item slot - they play for the rating and proper gameplay.
    At least once you're past 2k
    You are wrong about that as we saw during Legion.
    Character progression was removed from PVP nearly entirely and participation fell dramatically. So much, that Blizzard felt the need to return it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The implication being that WoW had no progression in PvP before corruptions. Makes sense.
    That does not implicate that at all.

Yeah corruption shouldn’t be enabled in pvp. The amount of times I see Gushing Wounds as top damage by a mile is kind of upsetting.

As Fair and Balanced as Fox News

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

And now imagine that there would be “certain” characteristic that would almost completely reduce effectiveness of such “proc ability" (and maybe even work with additionally taking into account character’s absolute level of corruption, without taking into account any its compensation... or something like that) so not only would character receive increased incoming damage with zero outgoing from its "active/attacking effect", but laso therefore couldn't play from its "passive/positive bonuses"... in PvP (using items with this “certain” characteristic) interactions. Mmm, won't it be great?
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    cata and wod power came from the player. not some garbage proc that removes player power.
    we already talked about something like this for example here in fact, this is other side of this "craped" coin
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-07-08 at 09:40 AM.

cata and wod power came from the player. not some garbage proc that removes player power.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    cant believe you dont see how extremly similar they are,and it was more than 2.5k,warlocks could pull off 4k shadowbolts,and pyro was stronger,also it wasnt just mages and locks with huge 1 shots,rogues with ambush in the last patch were also 1 shoters,shamans with windfury procs,heck even warriors could easily 1 shot clothers with a nice slow 3.8/4 speed 2h and an ms crit,seriously,you people have major amnesia

and the 3 min cd is irelevant,a 1 shot is a 1 shot,and once the player dies in arena its over anyways,so it wouldnt matter even if it was 3 min coruption cd,it would actualy be a buff,because you could control when you use it and the target,thats not the case with some coruptions
    We're talking about PvP here and i have close to about 5k hp on my classic mage in PvP gear and i can confidently say I've never been out right 1 shotted by one person ever.. Cant understand why you're actually defending this or trying to even compare it to anything. Its a fucking shit show and lets just acknowledge it as that and move on..

- - - Updated - - -

Even in Vanilla, Windfury procs could kill you in one shot. This is nothing new.
    in the early days if you were wearing greens and blues sure. Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    We're talking about PvP here and i have close to about 5k hp on my classic mage in PvP gear and i can confidently say I've never been out right 1 shotted by one person ever.. Cant understand why you're actually defending this or trying to even compare it to anything. Its a fucking shit show and lets just acknowledge it as that and move on..

- - - Updated - - -

in the early days if you were wearing greens and blues sure. Not anymore.
    ofc we are talking about pvp,what else?why is this even a mention....anyways,just because it didnt happen to you it doesnt exist?please just youtube 1 shots vanila,shamans could 1 shot anyone if lucky as the proc didnt have a cap,rogues with naxx dagger and attack power 1 shot any clother

and i agree its a shitshow today,but dont deny it never existed or its some never before seen thing....have you played wrath pvp??early on beast cleave and rets were insanely 1 shoters

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    ofc we are talking about pvp,what else?why is this even a mention....anyways,just because it didnt happen to you it doesnt exist?please just youtube 1 shots vanila,shamans could 1 shot anyone if lucky as the proc didnt have a cap,rogues with naxx dagger and attack power 1 shot any clother

and i agree its a shitshow today,but dont deny it never existed or its some never before seen thing....have you played wrath pvp??early on beast cleave and rets were insanely 1 shoters
    it matters because you're referring to clips of people getting 1 shot when they're wearing pve gear or blues and not properly geared or specced for pvp. You talk to any serious pvper in classic who's prepared and 1 shotting rarely if ever happens unless some crazy buffs are present like wsg zerker, which even still you can prepare for and counter. Getting randomly 1 shot for 600k whilst the other player is in a stun because this proc triggered off some dot or some shit is completely different and unavoidable RNG.

Also, everything youre referring to within classic, Shamans WF procs etc are all completely avoidable and you can forecast shit like that happening. As a mage you know never to let a shaman get close to you, reserve your blink and snares and manage it appropriately. On the flip side, if this shaman flame shocked me and the RNG god decided that on his tick of flame shock i would get infinite starred for 600k how the fuck is anyone supposed to avoid that. Thats why comparing these is fucking ridiculous.
    Last edited by chilipopper; 2020-07-08 at 09:57 AM.

Imaging thinking that blizzard is doing this mistake by random.

They got 15-17 years worth of data from 250.000.000 player.

The last content patch is allways with some fun/stupid OP mechanic to keep the long-runners entertained till the next expansion launches with more strict balancing tunnings.

You have to really start new with WoW to not get it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Imaging thinking that blizzard is doing this mistake by random.

They got 15-17 years worth of data from 250.000.000 player.

The last content patch is allways with some fun/stupid OP mechanic to keep the long-runners entertained till the next expansion launches with more strict balancing tunnings.

You have to really start new with WoW to not get it at this point.
    Yeah sure. You didn't play the last expansion right? Balancing in new expansions is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    Yeah sure. You didn't play the last expansion right? Balancing in new expansions is trash.
    I played all expansions at length.

Just the single fact that end-of-expansion stat inflation that breaks the system EVERY TIME is the first thing they remove for the next expansions is enough to question your statement. The new mechanics allways need iterations and changes, thats how allways changing games work, but the core balancing issues are better every expansion.

Like I mentioned, if you are new to the game, your point of view is simply limited by what blizzard is intending with "BROKEN END-OF-EXPANSION BALANCE". Do you even play right now? End of expansion is either seasonal players "try" to catch up a full year of content or regulars having some fun with the gear/mechanic they got over time till the fun is over and we start again with more strict rules.

Its obvious that you either are new to the game or a casual player.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I tell you one thing. Noone ever cares or understands or tries to figure out wtf title is "Savior of Whatever" or "God of everything Butcer of whatever etc".
    EVERYONE KNOWS when they see "Grand Marshall" "Arena Master" "<season> Gladiator".
    <3
    Yeah, they'll know "I danced around a pillar with druids and warlocks for 40 hours a week."
    Look, there's nothing wrong with enjoying a mini-game that was added later to the game. Personally, I would go with Pet Battles. There's more strategy involved, you see.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The only people getting 1-shot by Windfury in Vanilla were undergeared or underlevel or clothies. And even then, it wasn't common.

This is proccing an ability on a twice a minute cooldown and instant deleting pretty much anyone except a tank.