Need New Mobo On Old PC

My backup computer has stopped working. I have determined that it is the mother board. I would like to just replace the motherboard and CPU as cheaply as possible, but would prefer to not buy used items off of ebay. Are lower end mother boards made? BElow is the list of the specs my computer currently has. Can someone point me to replacement mobo/cpu that is cost efficient? I really only use this PC for web surfing and my 5 year old is starting to want to "play" WoW, so I would need it to at least run WoW.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Q6700 at 2.67Ghz,1066Mhz, 8m cache
    mobo: MSI P7N SLI Platinum NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI Intel Quad Core Ready
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X with PCI-Express Graphics Card Boost 11230-00-20G
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 800mhz (PC2-6400)

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to replace GPU+mobo+RAM, and probably PSU as well.
    What's your max budget for this?

EDIT: This is the cheapest system I can pick out that'll still run WoW fine.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($74.48 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte B365M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2666 CL15 Memory ($40.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($67.28 @ Amazon)
    Total: $257.73
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-06 16:00 EDT-0400
    Last edited by Shakadam; 2020-07-06 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    You need to replace GPU+mobo+RAM, and probably PSU as well.
    What's your max budget for this?
    Why does RAM and GPU need to change? Can they not fit into any mobo currently on the market?

I didn't have a budget, though if replacing the RAM and esp the GPU is a requirement, I would probably scrap the idea all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taydan5780 View Post
    Why does RAM and GPU need to change? Can they not fit into any mobo currently on the market?

I didn't have a budget, though if replacing the RAM and esp the GPU is a requirement, I would probably scrap the idea all together.
    Sorry I meant to write CPU. GPU is fine for WoW.

Ram needs to change because nothing has used DDR2 memory in many years So unless you go hunting for old stuff you'll need to change that. Have a look at the part list I edited in my first response.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Sorry I meant to write CPU. GPU is fine for WoW.

Ram needs to change because nothing has used DDR2 memory in many years So unless you go hunting for old stuff you'll need to change that. Have a look at the part list I edited in my first response.
    Thank you, this has been helpful. Can I assume the reason a new PSU is required is also because of changing times? My current one is a "CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91", bought in 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, this has been helpful. Can I assume the reason a new PSU is required is also because of changing times? My current one is a "CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V v2.91", bought in 2010.
    No it's mainly due to the fact that PSU's tend to have a limited life span, and changing parts and thus changing the load on an old PSU can make it go poof and possibly destroy other components.
    That said, the Corsair 850TX was a very good PSU once upon a time. You might still wanna hang on to that, it's most likely still going to work fine.

Your RAM cannot fit in a modern motherboard. You are using DDR2 and newer DDR4 has a different pin layout, so if you upgraded the motherboard, you would have to purchase new memory as well.

The GPU though, its just kind of old. It was released in 2014. You could get an AMD RX 580 with 8GB of video memory for less than $200. More than enough to handle WoW for a few more years. Solid video card, I used it for over a year.

The PSU probably needs to be replaced as well. Going off of your motherboard, which was released around '07-'08, that would presumably put the PSU in the same range. It literally may not have enough wattage to run the new equipment. (I hope you were talking about the PSU when it was kind of a deal-breaker for you since the GPU is one of the easiest things to replace)

And if you're replacing the motherboard and CPU, you have to remove at the very least the GPU and RAM, so why not replace them at the same time? I mean if you have the money, and don't want to be bothered with building/maintaining a computer, just buy one. You can always go to whatever store is your fancy and get a decentish computer. You could also take a look at NZXT's BLD. They're kind of the new custom build site. They use quality parts and make it look nice and neat.

There's no reasonable upgrade for hardware that old.

If you want to keep the price down, you can do something like this:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NhzKrV

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($73.98 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: *ASRock H310CM-DVS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($53.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: *G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: *PNY CS900 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($29.99 @ Adorama)
    Case: *HEC HX310 ATX Mid Tower Case ($36.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: *Cooler Master Elite V3 400 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $299.91
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    *Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-07 01:56 EDT-0400
    And use the R9 280 (which is still fine for Wow).