Night Fae v.s. Necrolord

Hello!

I've been reading up on rogue covenants in shadowlands and seen that most people are have already decided that Necrolord is the best choice. However, I would like to argue that Night Fae is better for assaination rogues particularly.

The Night Fae rogue class ability sepsis applies a dot to the target that at its expiration (10 sec) vanishes the rouge, which is basically what every assassination rogue does in single target anyways. Right now, the opener looks like: garrote, rupture, garrote, vendetta, mutilate, rupture, exanginate...vanish when exsanguinated garrote falls off and re-apply bleeds. When you exsanguinate a 22-23 sec garrote it turns into a perfect 10 sec dot. Therefore, the opener with the night fae ability would look very similar and not use vanish. It would go: garrote, rupture, garrote, vendetta, mutilate, rupture, exsanguinate, sepsis. You would vanish right when your garrote falls off without actually having to use vanish. This is most certainly not "awkward" and if anything is a big quality of life improvement letting us keep vanish as a defensive. I don't really care about how it plays in open world content because generally I am not using my 2 min cds to kill random mobs anyways.

In multi-target situations you could open with 3 garrotes then immediately sepsis and potentially have 6 empowered garrotes out at 1 time.

For me, serrated bone spike seems like a filler ability at best when the rogue is low on energy 1 min into a boss fight. There is no place for it in the opener for sin rouges because in the opener there is no issue with combo-point generation. In the sin rogue opener you are fighting the GCD. The only thing that I see being the deciding factor is if bone spike just does ridiculous damage. If this is the case then blizzard has really failed because sepsis so obviously synergies way more with the current sin rouge build.

If I am missing something then please enlighten me, I don't want to look dumb being the only night fae sin rogue.

Cheers.
    Last edited by guwop999; 2020-08-31 at 07:47 PM.

It's rogue*

I haven't been invited to a beta since ever so I can't say for certain but you could be right.

We'll see when the numbers gets crunched in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

bonespike is superior because it works for all types of content + all specs. the others just can't compete.
    for others to compete they'd need a complete rework. no amount of number tweaks will make the others worth taking.

even if they nerfed the damage it's still a cheap 3 charges ranged combo points generator.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

My bad, went through and changed the spelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Sepsis, as I said in the original post, is probably better than bone spike for assassination rogue in both raid and m+. I never made an argument about the other specs because I don't know them that well.

However, I don't see how ranged combo point generators become better than a second vanish. Firstly, you don't have a ranged combo point spender and you only can generate 3 combo points with bone spike (slightly better than mutilate). Secondly, with assassination your damage mostly come in dots such that it is not as detrimental miss an envenom because you had to be off target to dodge a mechanic or something. Comparatively, I can see how bone spike would be more beneficial to a sub rogue where being late on an eviscerate hurts more because it's a greater percentage of the rogues damage.

We have Covenant discussion going in THIS THREAD. No need for duplicates.

Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.