Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

A time skip in 10.0 would make Tinkers possible.

Technology has advanced. Horde with goblin tech, Alliance with gnome tech. Would love to see more modern inventions spread to the main cities, a la Legend of Korra. Orcish motorbikes, human horseless carriages.

And tinkers.

Jfc they’re never going to do Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Technology has advanced. Horde with goblin tech, Alliance with gnome tech. Would love to see more modern inventions spread to the main cities, a la Legend of Korra. Orcish motorbikes, human horseless carriages.

And tinkers.
    A timeskip of THAT magnitude would make Warcraft stop being Warcraft. It'd be a different game altogether, in terms of lore and setting.

Might as well just close WoW and make "World of Starcraft".

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    A timeskip of THAT magnitude would make Warcraft stop being Warcraft. It'd be a different game altogether, in terms of lore and setting.

Warcraft has always had technology, we've just never seen our races buildings reflect it. I want some spikey orcish skyscrapers, MagHar have had railroads for 40 years now

Honestly, a LITTLE more technology might be cool.

Like, not full-on Steampunk but more than currently. There's definitely signs of that with the increased mechanization of the military, iron stars, Mechagon, etc. A little bit more of that might do the world some good, I'd say.

And it's true - tinkers WOULD fit that kind of world.

I don’t think it’s a case of races unable to use the tech

They just don’t wanna

Please no. Tinker is unfitting enough without making wow into cyber fantasy punk

Why do you want tinkerers. Its such a boring concept for a new class. Blizz is gonna cave and make it some stupid 3 skin mech suit that makes it so they dont have to design anything. Then you guys are gonna sit in goldshire oiling eachother bolts after you get bored of it when you hit 60 in 3 days.

..by that logic a time skip would make Starcraft Marines possible

YEAH TAUREN MARINE!

What are you talking about? A Tinker class has always been possible, it doesn't need some time skip to justify it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Again, how big of a time skip? A 100 years? Most humans and orcs we know would be dead. They’ll have to introduce a bunch of new human and orc characters. Meanwhile most Elves and Draenei would still be alive.

Also, I don’t think (huehue) a Tinker class is ever gonna happen. Demon Hunters were succesful because they were such an iconic class, and because Illidan, one of WoW’s most well known characters, is one.

Who would be interested in a Tinker class? Which race would be Tinkers, except for gnomes and goblins? Letting only two races be a certain class worked for Demon Hunters, but it wouldn’t for Tinkers, as gnomes and goblins aren’t nearly as popular as elves.

I can't help but feel like if anything, we'll actually go back into the past when we come out of the Shadowlands. They did say this time jump would not work the way we expect, after all.

10+ Year Old Account

And tinkers.
    Tinkers would be the thing that really got me excited about the game again. I love the customizations coming in SL and the new zones are really cool so far, but new classes are exciting in a way no other content is IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exystredofar View Post
    I can't help but feel like if anything, we'll actually go back into the past when we come out of the Shadowlands. They did say this time jump would not work the way we expect, after all.
    I'm kind of expecting this myself, like going back to before the 4th war or something.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Warcraft has always had technology, we've just never seen our races buildings reflect it. I want some spikey orcish skyscrapers, MagHar have had railroads for 40 years now
    Yes, but technology always occupied a "niche", so to speak, as far as the lore of the franchise is concerned. Warcraft is, first and foremost, a "sword and sorcery" game. Technology is just a 'side dish'.

Making a comparison with actors in a movie, I'd say "sword and sorcery" are the main protagonists, while technology is, at best, a support character, and little more than an 'extra', at worst.

And tinkers.
    Never gonna happen. Never, ever gonna happen.

lol

If you say Tinkers 3 times in the mirror that one fanatic shows up in the comments

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

a lot of the tech in WoW is way more advanced than what we have irl what are you talking about lol? there's already tons of tech in it despite the setting

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    a lot of the tech in WoW is way more advanced than what we have irl what are you talking about lol? there's already tons of tech in it despite the setting
    You did not understand what I wrote.

I simply said that technology is not the focus of the Warcraft setting. "Sword and sorcery" is.

I never made any claims regarding the technology level in Warcraft.

There's no need for a time skip for that, we have most of that already.

The Horde as a whole has Goblin technology out the whazoo. They've had shredders alone since Warcraft 3, and since Garrosh's reign they have the various tech he brought in with Blackfuse. Motorcycles, we've got that already too.

10+ Year Old Account

And tinkers.
    You make good points, especially if Goblins, Gnomes, and Mechagnomes come together and share their tech with one another. You also have the suggestion that characters like Thrall or Jains might be lost in the maw for a long period of time. Perhaps you see Azeroth having a stronger steampunk vibe similar to what happened with the Iron Horde.