Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    regardless of whether it's spyware or not I want to see it banned simply because of all the dangerous challenges that it spawns, challenges that have caused people to die, the most recent one being overdosing on antihistamines which cause at least one person to die. Dangerous challenges like that should be shut down immediately and removed from any platform not just tiktok but clearly they don't care the harm that causes to people because they let that shit continue on unabated

i suppose its one of those things where the morons ruin it for every one else by doing dumb dangerous shit
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN26A0ZU

And to no ones surprise. This whole fiasco turns out to be nothing more then the Americans, trying to get rid of competition.

If it was ever about protecting Digital privacy. They would be comming down on Amazon, Google and Facebook also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post

And to no ones surprise. This whole fiasco turns out to be nothing more then the Americans, trying to get rid of competition.

If it was ever about protecting Digital privacy. They would be comming down on Amazon, Google and Facebook also.
    Those companies are pressured though, ending with them having to regulate or grease palms. For the record, bipartisan pressure against TikTok has been going on for awhile. It's just that Trump's recently accelation of the timeline is transparent. Also everyone knows the Feds don't move as fast as he claimed the ban would be. Nor were the plans in place effective. The two major app stores would have defied it, 3rd party stores still would have distributed it. The app wasn't being shut down, just made harder to obtain.

One problem is china and their businesses are at the mercy of the Chinese state. A state that can (and has) changed the rules on a whim. Also U.S companies can't invest in chinese companies yet....they can? Seems odd.

I'd also argue that trump and the GoP should've done something about this a LONG time ago. They let tencent buy up tons of companies and now they're a problem? Personally only allow chinese companies to own up to 10% of U.S companies. Don't provide them with customer data. Any company they have a major stake in allow the parent to buy back the company. Like epic for example. For companies they outright own...I don't know. But this has been a huge problem and trump did jack all about it until now.

Even if it was does it matter???

Most American apps dont have access to the Chinese market, seems like fair play to me at least

Whatever anyways. I was more excited to see the ban on WeChat, a shame that fell through. Hopefully either Biden or Trump continue to pursue that

Edit: As a side note, Trump really pussied out here only a partial sale??? WEAK
    Last edited by NED funded; 2020-09-20 at 06:07 PM.

Nothing of value will be lost here, so /shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Edit: As a side note, Trump really pussied out here only a partial sale??? WEAK
    Speaking of a weak ones, the real loser is China sucking up a blatant extortion
    Lives matter

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Speaking of a weak ones, the real loser is China sucking up a blatant extortion
    There is a lot of American money to be still had, of course they will suck it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    regardless of whether it's spyware or not I want to see it banned simply because of all the dangerous challenges that it spawns, challenges that have caused people to die, the most recent one being overdosing on antihistamines which cause at least one person to die.
    Trump's caused 200k+ deaths, I'd like to see him banned.

are they going to change the app so its less of a data-kraken, or is the data just going to a different government now?

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    are they going to change the app so its less of a data-kraken, or is the data just going to a different government now?
    Going to a different one. Like mentioned before, if it was ever about data. Tik Tok is at the bottom of the list lmao. Google fucking knows how often you take a piss.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Even if it was does it matter???

Most American apps dont have access to the Chinese market, seems like fair play to me at least
    I think this is the most important part that a lot of people are ignoring. How come Chinese developed apps can have free reign of access to western markets and devices but western developed apps can't access the Chinese market? That's a huge double standard. US companies are beholden to China's laws, but Chinese companies can break western laws..

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Trump's caused 200k+ deaths, I'd like to see him banned.
    I'd probably get banned if i said what I would like to see happen to him but yes I totally agree with you. Can't believe such a moron is our president...its fucking astounding how dumb he is...
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Tiktok is a trash app, this is a good decision

Quote Originally Posted by JammEr21 View Post
    Tiktok is a trash app, this is a good decision
    Oh do tell why? Because you don't like people expressing themselves?