Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    No matter what else happens, the attempt could end as soon as you die so you have to learn the mechanics for the role you’re playing. I like this idea.
    What would it matter. Those who engage in LFR are not ones who typically desire to raid anything higher. Those type will not be joining any of your groups. This notion of trying to make other better is silly.

Is this the newest LFR hating thread?

LFR serves its purpose just fine. Why people go on some rage crusades about it over and over again?

Its the story mode. Its not supposed to be hard or require much thought at all. Its not doing its job when blizz makes it hard as has been noticed, for example, at n'zoth.

Its not there to teach people.
    Its not there to be a stepping stone to "real" raiding.

Unless it has changed over the years, LFR is the only reason why it is even worth it to spend resources on raiding content.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Unless it has changed over the years, LFR is the only reason why it is even worth it to spend resources on raiding content.
    That's a misconception. The existence of harder content that barely anyone is going to do does not only have value for the tiny minority of players who do that content. It has value for everyone because it gives people something to look forward to. It's important to know that you have not reached the end of the road just yet.

I would love this, smaller groups are just more fun in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Droes View Post
    Imo LFR should be a solo queue with NPCs as co-players. Imagine how that awesome it could be, fighting alongside major characters.

A way to make you learn how to raid properly. If you die, you've failed.
    We already have this, it's called Proving Grounds...

Playing with random NPC's will not make you learn how to raid properly... Raiding progression communication is half the battle, you eliminate that you eliminate the fundemental aspect of raiding, working as a team.
    Every thread is like entering an LFR with 5 stacks of determination. -Compstance

I think LFR as 10 man would probably make more sense than it does as 25-man. I'll put aside how I feel about LFR and the whole topic of "should it be there or should it be removed?" cause it's kinda beside the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    5mythic dungeon works fine with 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 dps. The ratio of tank/healer to dps is even better at LFR then mythic+ dungeons.
    So, I think when LFR+ 10 man gives loots that gives truly progression to your gear and "rotated system". So you cannot choose all LFR+ raids one week, but just one. Kinda same as Warfront rotation system or that Timewalking raid.
    Then the queue shouldnt that be long anymore.
    It's not the same thing, Mythic dungeons are not ''Queueable'' you can pick who ever you want to play with. If you meant heroic dungeon, the Q for dps is usually pretty long too.

so you want to make LFR for 10 people only AND increase it's difficulty to normal at the same time, while making the loot only as good as the regular normal raid?

dead on arrival.

So that would basically double the queue time for all the poor souls who do LFR in the first place? Same amount of tanks needed but for 15 less players. If they really wanted to help LFR, they might as well make it a 40 man raid.

If you can't be bothered to make your own group of 10 and and just do normal mode, then I see why Blizzard should spend resources on making an LFR difficulty that does it for you. It's a game -- play it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I'd just be happy with LFR being worth running more than once for a non-raider. As is, I can't even motivate myself to run the current one the once, since it's a slog and I'll literally get nothing out of it and it isn't fun and the story doesn't seem especially good. I wish the real casual gear up sequence wasn't over so quick. It's totally killed the game for me outside of leveling alts. I don't want to do Mythic+ and I don't want to raid, and previously, the game was okay with that. Then the final patch of MoP happened, and it's been annoying as hell since. It's funny because people STILL whine about the loot in LFR, and I just don't get why. It's fucking worthless. You easily can outgear the content before it's even fully unlocked, sometimes before it's even out. People wanted a tourism mode? It's what we have now, and I hate it, and I hate it a lot because character progression is over in like a week and it didn't used to be that way. MoP was mostly perfect in this regard. The only downside was crummy dungeons and some other stuff. I miss it

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    I'd just be happy with LFR being worth running more than once for a non-raider. As is, I can't even motivate myself to run the current one the once, since it's a slog and I'll literally get nothing out of it and it isn't fun and the story doesn't seem especially good. I wish the real casual gear up sequence wasn't over so quick. It's totally killed the game for me outside of leveling alts. I don't want to do Mythic+ and I don't want to raid, and previously, the game was okay with that. Then the final patch of MoP happened, and it's been annoying as hell since. It's funny because people STILL whine about the loot in LFR, and I just don't get why. It's fucking worthless. You easily can outgear the content before it's even fully unlocked, sometimes before it's even out. People wanted a tourism mode? It's what we have now, and I hate it, and I hate it a lot because character progression is over in like a week and it didn't used to be that way. MoP was mostly perfect in this regard. The only downside was crummy dungeons and some other stuff. I miss it
    Yeah.. I wish raidfinder was made for normal mode too. So, it kept raiding relevant and normal mode is not that hard. Might really work with 10 man. Maybe with determination buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie View Post
    Yeah.. I wish raidfinder was made for normal mode too. So, it kept raiding relevant and normal mode is not that hard. Might really work with 10 man. Maybe with determination buffs.
    God forbid anybody in a MMO interact with one another to form a raid group, right? Just give us a nice ol lobby to press a button and have the power of the internet deliver us to victory!

Oh, I thought Blizzard had done this. The title tricked me.

LFR is fine where it is. Just don't make another mind control mechanic again

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Oh, I thought Blizzard had done this. The title tricked me.

LFR is fine where it is. Just don't make another mind control mechanic again
    LFR is fine. Only what i'm asking is to add one extra difficulty. That is Normal and Heroic for that matter. Just 10 man.
    Only for the content that is outdated.

I prefer to raid every day all older raid dungeons from same expansion (Uldir, BoD and EP) then forced to do 5 man dungeons even I did them 1000 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Droes View Post
    Imo LFR should be a solo queue with NPCs as co-players. Imagine how that awesome it could be, fighting alongside major characters.

A way to make you learn how to raid properly. If you die, you've failed.
    Has there ever been a time that if you died in LFR you didn't fail?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    What would it matter. Those who engage in LFR are not ones who typically desire to raid anything higher. Those type will not be joining any of your groups. This notion of trying to make other better is silly.
    I mean... the goal of self improvement in all aspects of life is what most people consider normal. The idea that anyone is happy to remain static seems to run contrary to the human condition.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    the only way to make this possible would be to tune the raid for 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 dps, otherwise the Q are gonna be way too long
    I think it is alright. It is same ratio as 5 man dungeon anyway. 1tank/1healer/3dps. It is just doubled. Ratio is same.
    If it was 15 man. The ratio is even better since it is 2 tanks for 3 healers and 10 dps. Queue would be even quicker.

But you can already put together a Normal 10 man group...

Are people really so socially inept that they can't put a group up on the group finder? You don't even have to talk to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    But you can already put together a Normal 10 man group...

Are people really so socially inept that they can't put a group up on the group finder? You don't even have to talk to anyone.
    The luxuries that LFR has:
    Auto-queue
    Auto-replacing leavers
    Wings system, jump to three bosses wing when you want
    Auto-teleport

Thats much better then making group at groupfinder and it is always a gamble if group succeeds. LFR+10 man would be much better.