Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Why Do You Enjoy Maining A Druid?

Curious to know.
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2020-06-13 at 11:49 AM.

I don't main a druid, druid main me. It's the first character i made in BC and did pvp all day with, learning 8 months later i had a stealth ability, it's on him that i joined my first serious guild in wotlk and started maining tanking in cata, it's him that i gave up on in wod because of that hideous mancat monstruosity.It's him that i chose each time a new expac come up, because it has everything, it can do everything, and just like i am irl, i love havaing a wide variety of surface level competence rather than a specialized one trick pony.
    It's been so much years, achievements, reps, mage tower unlocks etc etc that i can't really main anything else without feeling like i waste my time.

I hated it.

But it was a hell of a lot better to be able to go Resto and heal M+ than to be a class where all three specs are terrible outside of raids.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Curious to know.
    Moonkin in M+
    Feral in PVP
    Tank while questing
    Heal at worldboss

Astral form Druid - all the way, one of the original Classic balance druids - staeyd with the spec when it was under appreciated cursed and abused, Hurricane end point talent and I have played druid heavily in every expansion - perahpas except for this one where incidentally it has been the strongest it has.

I have tanked and healed too, but healing is waht i've done the least. I find bear form tanking boring so didnt' do that much. Done a lot of cat form dpsing it, at one point I had 3 druid characters i played in concert. One was balance, one was feral and one was resto. When cata came out I switched the feral one to a worge, but kept the balance and resto ones night elven.

3+ Year Old Account
    I myself prefer Feral Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The option of choosing 4 different specs. I am able to tank, heal and DPS as ranged or melee at a whim. Very versatile class and I love being able to fill a role when needed for whatever content I choose to do.

2. I happen to love the "kits" for each of the specs. I've been playing Feral since late WotLK up through now (although I split my time between Balance and Feral now) and I've loved it consistently. This goes the same for Guardian, Restoration and Balance: I love the play styles of each of these specs.

3. The theme of being able to shift into different animal forms to "do" your role is really fun. Becoming a bear to tank and be a meat sponge, become a cat to be agile and apply bleeds and bites, become a mutant horny chicken an astral projection of space and stars to rain down lunar and solar energy on your enemies... good times.

4. And last but not least... being able to be the DARKSPEAR/ZANDALARI TROLL MASTER RACE!

Rejuvi spam. That sound is addictive.

You can actually hear this image.

But in all seriousness. The class theme, shapeshifting, the ability to play all roles.

I like the freedom of playing any role in the game.
    Also love having healing, ress and stealth on all specs.

3+ Year Old Account
    I mean, sure, Rogues (all specs) are better than Feral Druids technically, but Rogues don't get to turn into a cat (or cat like dinosaur) to do battle. I rest my case.

Night elf lore, moon and star magic, concept of balance between nature and arcane primarily, followed by shapeshifting and the mysterious emerald dream nature paradise .. everything about them is up my street - they made me like the night elf race the most, and grow to love all the aspects of night elves, including pre-sundering arcane civilization, night elf cities like Suramar, Highborne and Moonguard, then wdgey demon hunters, fel usage and the rather cool males stuff, and ofc the priesthood of Elune.

Druid was best class to play Teldrassil and experience the lore. I was so excited when I got cat form - but I never liked Moonkin form for balance.

PvP wise it is a healer that has access to stealth and (to a lower extend but absolute godsend after playing affliction lock forever) mobility.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2020-06-17 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the healing toolkit more than the other healers, plus i can fill any role thats needed or that i feel like playing for different content.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

10+ Year Old Account
    Flight form makes WQs and a lot of dailies pretty chill.
    Hi

I dislike the animal forms, so Can't really get into playing a druid for long. I went restore most of the time.

Oh boy...here comes my essay.

I was a Warcraft 3 player, playing Night Elves. My favourite units, bare none, were Druids of the Claw and Druids of the Talon, because they were amazingly versatile units that could easily turn the tide of battle. Druids of the Claw had Battle Roar (+25% dmg to all units), Rejuv (best healing ability in the game) and Bear form. Druids of the Talon had Fearie Fire, Cyclone and Storm Crow form.

I don't play druid, I fucking am a druid. World of Warcraft, for me, is my druid's journey. Plain and simple. I'm the only person I know who has kept 1 main and no other chars since WoW's release. 16 years, same char. He's got over 600 days /played. I could write a whole thesis about why Druids are the master race of Azeroth, but I won't waste your time. A simple list will have to do.

1) Stealth in all specs
    2) Access to all 4 roles the game has to offer
    3) Depending on expansion, we were the TRUE hybrids (Guardian druid popping Heart of the Wild + Tranquility in MOP was the strongest raid-healing CD in the game)
    4) The best lore in the whole game
    5) Taught by deities, demigods and gods
    6) The fact that a druid's power is only limited by his connection to the planet he is standing on
    7) Flight form is the best method of flying in the game, bar none
    8) Archdruid's Lunar Flight form is a free 2-seater flyer for any druid who gets it
    9) Unique, removed forms from Legion Mage tower challenge
    10) Amazing looking sets. Stormrage? Dreamwalker? Malorne? Nordrassil? Thunderheart? Of the Cycle? Deep Earth? Relentless Gladiator's? Wrathful Gladiator's? All godly.

And the list can go on...and on...and on...

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I mean, sure, Rogues (all specs) are better than Feral Druids technically, but Rogues don't get to turn into a cat (or cat like dinosaur) to do battle. I rest my case.
    Turning into a cat, lore, fantasy gets boring after 15 years

And being one of the worst class/spec in the game since years kills your enthusiasm quickly
    So to answer your question, as a feral/guardian i don't enjoy maining a druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Turning into a cat, lore, fantasy gets boring after 15 years
    Nah... still awesome!

Feral druid in vanilla/tbc and Feral druid on retail.

Cat durid is love. Cat durid is 4 fite!
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2020-06-17 at 10:37 AM.

The ability to fill every role, shapeshifting, insta flight, and its healing style is fun for me, ive mained a druid since tbc and never looked back.

I want to tank, I want to DPS and I want to heal. Basically, for me you don't play an MMO if you cant tank. I need to be able to take charge, be a leader and get shit done. Also feral druid is AMAZING for open world content, a fun enough spec to play, and they can solo stuff well enough. Also flight form + shadowmeld is 10/10 and its a fast grind class.

It was my 3rd character I made in classic...deleted the paladin, kept the rogue, but it only got to level 6, before I went back to character screen and made my druid. Druid was not much fun in classic, but we were still OK as restro druids....but when TBC happend and I tanked my first hellfire ramparts 5 man...well that was it...fucking ace.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO