Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What about the #NoChanges crowd?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Changes. They are making changes. But like I said, the easily influenced will call them "fixes".
    Screw the staunch #NoChange crowd, frankly, when it comes to fixing bugs and exploits... it's a pity it wasn't done sooner.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-07-08 at 12:05 AM.

  2. #22
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,252
    AV is pointless and dumb at this point and anyone who actually needed anything from it has it already unless they're getting it on an alt in which case they're probably AFKing it anyways. People pushing ranks don't do it in AV, and people who really like PVP don't play AV. No one was stupid enough to play AV as some big days-long wargame in the modern era, they saw it as the waste of time it was.

    Most people don't give a shit because they either didn't even know those things existed or it doesn't affect them in the slightest.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  3. #23
    Legendary! Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    6,768
    You sound like someone that used those exploits and is just livid now that they are gone.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  4. #24
    Warchief Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    Yeah cause we didn’t get the original AV lol. This version of AV was in classic for how long before TBC came out? Three months? That represents “vanilla” about as much as the last three months of BFA represent “BFA”.

    I’m not the only one who expected classic would mirror actual vanilla. When they announced phases I assumed it would mean we’d get you know, phases to match vanilla. Meaning launch would have been either patch 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3. And BWL with phase 2 to be patch 1.4 just as it was in vanilla. But that isn’t what we got. We got a bastardized version.

    In the end I’m with you op. These av changes just make it even worse. Alliance will now take even longer to get exalted than they already do they’ll likely say fuck it. I mean seriously. I’ve been racing two of my characters (I have two accounts) to se who can get AV exalted quickest and even with two hour long queues versus 2 minute queues, the horde get rep faster. It’s hilarious.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    AV is pointless and dumb at this point and anyone who actually needed anything from it has it already unless they're getting it on an alt in which case they're probably AFKing it anyways. People pushing ranks don't do it in AV, and people who really like PVP don't play AV. No one was stupid enough to play AV as some big days-long wargame in the modern era, they saw it as the waste of time it was.

    Most people don't give a shit because they either didn't even know those things existed or it doesn't affect them in the slightest.
    If, like a lot of you claim, AV is no longer relevant and people don't give a crap about these changes, and something about a meta. Why was this change made in the first place?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Changes. They are making changes. But like I said, the easily influenced will call them "fixes".
    They made changes since Classic release. The #nochanges was dumb from the start.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  7. #27
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    If, like a lot of you claim, AV is no longer relevant and people don't give a crap about these changes, and something about a meta. Why was this change made in the first place?
    Because Blizzard wanted to fix a bunch of things that they themselves considered to be broken.

    End of story, stop trying to make it a problem.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  8. #28
    I wish they'd change world buffs.

  9. #29

    Changes. They are making changes. But like I said, the easily influenced will call them "fixes".
    Fixes. They are fixing bugs. But the most dense pedants will call them "changes" so they have something to post about.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Alliance will now take even longer to get exalted than they already do.
    How does the only rep change being one that gives Alliance more potential rep make it harder to gain rep? Or are you meaning to imply you can't win without cheating?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    That did not last a single second, at that. Classic never had the original AV.

    And I personally don't mind AV having to be played properly, without cheese.

  12. #32
    Pit Lord Mrbleedinggums's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    All Jalapeno Face
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Is the interest level so low for classic that fundamental changes to the game don't even get comments anymore?
    Wahhhhhhh!!! Quit your whining, I'm glad Blizzard is actually changing up Classic to fix the blatant issues. They never should have listened to the #NoChanges crowd to begin with.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    How does the only rep change being one that gives Alliance more potential rep make it harder to gain rep? Or are you meaning to imply you can't win without cheating?
    Considering the wording was "they" and not "we" you made some pretty big assumptions in your statement.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    But the only things you're complaining about are cheats and bugs that were never meant to be part of AV. You're not mad that they changed something in AV. You're mad that you can't exploit it this time around.
    What cheats were.fixed? I'm sure they patched those out 15 years ago. All of the changes are subtle ways of perverting the vision many people had for Classic. There are already Tokens in Classic. Pretty soon it will be just like Retail all under stealth changes under the guise of "This was the 1.12 intent" . No wonder Classic numbers are way down.

    Gobble that shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Fixes. They are fixing bugs. But the most dense pedants will call them "changes" so they have something to post about.
    So things were not working as they did in vanilla? Then yeah, fair enough, obviously a bug fix. Wait, what's that? These are changes that make things entirely different than in vanilla? Yeah, that's a change - different than it ever has been.

    But like I said, the easily influenced gobble this stuff up hook line and sinker because a decade and a half later, someone from blizzard says "oh we TOTALLY wanted it to work this way in vanilla, honest, trust us, we really did - that's why we are making this "fix" now!. No, I didn't work for blizzard back then, but I'm pretty sure a decade and a half later I'm in a great position to say what their intent was - just trust me! "

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So things were not working as they did in vanilla? Then yeah, fair enough, obviously a bug fix. Wait, what's that? These are changes that make things entirely different than in vanilla? Yeah, that's a change - different than it ever has been.

    But like I said, the easily influenced gobble this stuff up hook line and sinker because a decade and a half later, someone from blizzard says "oh we TOTALLY wanted it to work this way in vanilla, honest, trust us, we really did - that's why we are making this "fix" now!. No, I didn't work for blizzard back then, but I'm pretty sure a decade and a half later I'm in a great position to say what their intent was - just trust me! "
    Still better than "I'm a random wow player but I'm SURE Blizzard wanted a unpolished bugged game and wanted us to exploit the hell out of it because Blizzard wasn't about money and polished game back then !!!"

  17. #37
    We always wanted to put a LFD in but the tech just wasn't there now that it is we 'fixed'' it so it is now it represent the 1.12 design intent of the game.

  18. #38
    Immortal callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    7,502
    Massive Classic changes and no reaction from players
    I'm guessing/speculating the lack of outrage is because the vast majority of players agree/understand the changes.

    Edit:
    Err, what I should have said was: No reactions cause WoW is dead!.

  19. #39
    Answering all 'individuals' in this thread is pointless since they will blindly just copy paste their agenda against the game in all their posts so i will just ignore it...

    Is Classic perfect? No.
    Did Blizzard fuckup many things? Yes.
    This is still good enough for me since i expected that Classic will be totally destroyed by Blizzard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Is the interest level so low for classic that fundamental changes to the game don't even get comments anymore?
    You've got your answer literally in the first paragraph of the blue post.

    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    They made changes since Classic release. The #nochanges was dumb from the start.
    #nochanges was not dumb (and still is not) but some people on purposely are doing these threads to show players that they should not enjoy Classic 'because it is not Vanilla'.
    Whole idea of it was show Blizzard we want similar gameplay to the original game as close as possbile.

  20. #40
    The Lightbringer Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    3,279
    I even would not even mind if they made a Classic+ expansion.
    Classic is not what Vanilla was anyway.
    Good bug fixed Blizz, gogo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •