Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Considering the wording was "they" and not "we" you made some pretty big assumptions in your statement.
    You should probably read the part where the person I responded to said they play both.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    You should probably read the part where the person I responded to said they play both.
    No they didn't, it's certainly implied that they do, but they never said they play both. You still fail to address the point raised, and instead desperately deflected and dodged the point raised.

    The irony is, if you believe they do play both, why would you make such a stupid comment?

  3. #43
    All I care about is an acceptable tuned AQ+Naxx, then for the love of god TBC pls.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I even would not even mind if they made a Classic+ expansion.
    Classic is not what Vanilla was anyway.
    Good bug fixed Blizz, gogo!
    Are you suggesting this level of change is so far from vanilla that it's really classic+ at this point, or that you want them to make more and more changes to make it classic+? At which point do you believe it stops being classic, and starts being classic+? Is there one change in particular that would transition it from classic to classic+?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    All I care about is an acceptable tuned AQ+Naxx, then for the love of god TBC pls.
    You think the tuning won't be exactly the same as vanilla?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    The original AV was never even implemented in Classic. What we got was the dilluted version that was put together in preparation for TBC.
    Fixing those bugs isnt massive, its an unimportant change.
    The massive change was reworking how BG queueing worked, now THAT was a MASSIVE change and it opened the door to deeply changing anything they want and the vast majority of players are ok with that.

  6. #46
    Can you point out which of these points is not a bug fix in your opinion? Because bug fixes were announced in the original mission statement of the project and I really can't see anything in here that is either not clearly a bug or original gameplay worth protecting.

    (I think the reason why people don't fight about it here as much is that most of the classic community has moved to more insulated areas, because people like being in bubbles and don't like it when half of the posters are just there to express their disdain for everything classic)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Can you point out which of these points is not a bug fix in your opinion? Because bug fixes were announced in the original mission statement of the project and I really can't see anything in here that is either not clearly a bug or original gameplay worth protecting.

    (I think the reason why people don't fight about it here as much is that most of the classic community has moved to more insulated areas, because people like being in bubbles and don't like it when half of the posters are just there to express their disdain for everything classic)
    Are you suggesting classic players have left this forum in favor of echo chambers because they can't handle anyone criticizing the game? In my experience, that just isn't accurate.

  8. #48
    The Patient Zillbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    291
    The whole idea of the "No Changes" was more along the lines of major changes such as buffing/nerfing classes or changing up raid mechanics. These are more like fixes.

  9. #49
    If I were you OP I'd log in on every server and hunt down and harrass people who sell zg runs and world buffs too and also knock on people's doors to ensure that they play on crappy pc's.

    Now you would have to be really dumb to assume that they would just leave exploits and abuses fly by. Especially if there are many people using them nowadays

    Get it into your thick skull, no matter what they would have done, even patch by patch releases with literally 0 changes IT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN THE SAME EXPERIENCE.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    The whole idea of the "No Changes" was more along the lines of major changes such as buffing/nerfing classes or changing up raid mechanics. These are more like fixes.
    In your opinion. Never forget that many said they would boycott the game because the water was different. Others said there was no point even releasing the game unless they intentionally included all bugs that existed in each phase of the release, only fixing them in a similar timeframe compared to vanilla.

  11. #51
    Who cares, relax. Its minor things, let it go.

  12. #52
    Herald of the Titans Nordheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Nordics
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In your opinion. Never forget that many said they would boycott the game because the water was different. Others said there was no point even releasing the game unless they intentionally included all bugs that existed in each phase of the release, only fixing them in a similar timeframe compared to vanilla.
    And Blizzard should never care about those kinds of players.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Look back a few weeks, the new Instance cap caused some uproar within the community, same goes for Layering looking back a few months.

    Here's the thing: Barely anyone gives a shit about AV anymore at this point.
    The PvE'er got Exalted on their main, dedicated PvP'ers are done ranking (or given up on it) and the only people still left are Alts needing AV exalted, those that are still ranking (which aren't that many at this point) and some who still haven't understood the honor system.

    And as said above, these don't even change the AV Meta, if these had happened when these exploits were part of the Meta strats for both faction, this would have caused a massive shitstorm.
    If Blizzard had actually undertaken steps which actually impact the AV Meta, this would be a very different story most likely.

    Most people don't speak out against this, nor in favor, they just don't care - because they no longer care about AV.
    Change (or fix) something people care about and you'll have a similiar shitstorm at your heel again.
    This is exactly how I feel about PvP in general.

    At the end of the day it's the same old meta in AV: rush to end boss or risk getting less honor/hour. Very epic gameplay guys. /s

  14. #54
    it's their property...take it or leave it

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    That didn't even happen because they released the nerfed version of AV from the beggining

  16. #56
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Is the interest level so low for classic that fundamental changes to the game don't even get comments anymore?
    Well, you certainly try and get people riled up...are you happy with the results so far? I mean..I mostly see the same guys arguing here and trying to get the "noChanges" mantra going. Maybe the interest in Classic is so low or maybe people realize that holding on to a belief no matter what is actually not the best to do. maybe people can listen to arguments and change their mind.

    On the other hand...why couldn't they fix this already shit in 2006?

    But for everyone else out there, I give you this guy in the news comments, valiantly fighting against change "The bag slots is not a good change. Way too different from the original sorry. There are better ways to reward, im sure. "

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    In your opinion. Never forget that many said they would boycott the game because the water was different. Others said there was no point even releasing the game unless they intentionally included all bugs that existed in each phase of the release, only fixing them in a similar timeframe compared to vanilla.
    "Many" said they would boycott the game because the water was different? "MANY"...seriously? I would love to know how many there were - and then I would applaud Blizzard for going "Okay...can't cater to everyone...bye"

    But you are making a good example here of what spectrum Blizzard is asked to cater to, and we know you can't fulfil everyone's wishes in this game. Never could, never will.

    Everybody should be allowed to voice their opinion, but we (including Blizzard) are not forced to respect or cater to every bit of whining. (also in the light of threads where ppl claimed something was different from Vanilla and it turned out they just misremembered)
    Last edited by det; 2020-07-08 at 08:09 AM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    And Blizzard should never care about those kinds of players.
    And who are you to say who Blizzard should and should not listen to? Maybe one of your opinions means I think they should completely ignore what you think?

  18. #58
    Waah waah mommy help big evil Blizzard is making viable, good and healthy changes to my game waah waah

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral Krawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Changes. They are changes. You know that, right?
    So people don't care. Maybe they're too busy having fun playing the game.
    This seems like it's more your problem than anyone elses at this point.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And who are you to say who Blizzard should and should not listen to? Maybe one of your opinions means I think they should completely ignore what you think?
    Because intentionnaly bugged and exploit-able game are so successful or maybe because listening to griefer is not a good idea.
    Pick your favorite

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •