Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    It's a success because we still have hell a lot of active servers almost a year since launch for a 15+ year old game.

Some so active they are locked and have layers.

Calling it anything but a success is being a blind hater tbh
    And how much did it cost to develop? What are it's overheads/upkeep? How much revenue does it generate compared to the competition? How many of the monthly users are actually people who were subbed for retail anyway?

Hey I just want to say, reading through this post and seeing your replies, do you ever realize how much of an annoying fucking cunt you sound like? I mean I don't really care about the topic but just seeing your posts makes it so obvious that you are someone who is so obsessed with something that does not really matter. I am just trying to reach out here and say take a good look at how you act and reevaluate your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Is the interest level so low for classic that fundamental changes to the game don't even get comments anymore?
    fixing bugs and exploits in AV = fundamental changes to the game. okbro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Enlighten me how Classic "failed" while Brack basically praised it three consecutive investor calls.
    If I open a shopping center and it floods with zombies, I'll be sure to praise the massive success of the crowds my business was able to attract.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

7+ Year Old Account
    AV is practically a dead man zone at this point. So no surprise people don't care.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

It's to late for no changes. Classic and vanilla are no longer the same. I am cool with it and have moved on. Classic is the best thing I can get to it without having to deal with Russians hacking my shit and 200 ping on a private server. So I will deal with it as long as it doesn't scortch the baseline to much. Once they start balancing classes, changing raid sizes, reworking gear, and buffing/nerfing bosses I will simply move on. An exploit fix in being able to cheese a whole BG doesn't fit that category for me. Might for some, and we'll, make the choice of hit the door or stick around. No hard feelings either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You either never played vanilla or just trolling. If they want vanilla AV they should put the pre 1.7 AV back (at least), not make rushes a minute slower. AV nerf made rushes possible, not the wallclimbing backdoors.
    I played vanilla from about 1 month after launch and way into TBC, and I'm not trolling, no. Spent like 80% of my time exclusively playing AV.
    I totally agree that pre 1.7 AV would be ideal. That is my favorite AV too. But since we're stuck with 1.12 since thats all they have, and they're not going to retroactively develop the earlier AV then this is what we have, and the changes make AV better from my point of view. Everyone clambering up a wall climb is stupid. I want, as a horde player, to charge across the bridge, facing the brunt of an alliance defense and towers hammering us because it feels way more immersive and fun. Not demanding that you agree with this sentiment, but Blizzard clearly does, and I'm glad for these tweaks.
    I do fear that the Alliance is already completely and utterly turned off AV, and won't give it another chance now though, or will just continue to AFK/fish/farm mobs in caves. So perhaps in that sense its pointless. But atleast Blizzard is trying to fix their colossal fuckup here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Massive changes? These "changes" will change nothing about the AV experience for most people. Its to stop people from playing AV as it weren't intended, just like if people could still hop on top of the buildings in WSG with the flag.

Don't cry fowl over this change. If this change is "MASSIVE" and negative for you, i really feel bad for the way you play.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Doubt anyone is mad about this unless they were planning on or already abusing these exploits, and to those who were I say go fuck yourself.

One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    Original AV wasn’t a zergfest like it is now.
    Original BWL wasn’t cleared by your average guild in less than an hour like it is now.
    Original players back then were much worse than players are now and had much less information to learn from.

#NoChanges is stupid. Yes, preserve the "classic" feeling, but change things that were against design intent then and against fairness now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Doubt anyone is mad about this unless they were planning on or already abusing these exploits, and to those who were I say go fuck yourself.
    Exactly, if you take advantage of something obviously broken you’re not ‘cool’ for exploiting a 15 year old bug, you’re not ‘playing the game as intended’. All you are is an asshole for exploiting, honestly the game will be better after the fixes and better if people like OP (and others) just quit.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

why is this a thing? who here is saying "oh no they're changing stuff" and still played more than an hour of AV this week.
    Exactly.

its fine, we all knew no changes would mean no major ones like cash shops or TBC talent's etc.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    My main motivation for playing classic was because retail wow is so bad abd I wanted to play with my guildies, for what it is (or was 15 years ago) classic is a good game, but in modern gaming it’s a massive turd with rainbow sprinkles on top. I can’t wait for TBC so we can have a much better game- even by modern standards.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    OP and the #nOcHaNgEs crowd can be summed up in 1 picture

Bunch of crying MANBABIES the lot of em
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Changes. They are changes. You know that, right?
    Changes that improve things are changes too yeah. Only retards tout the stupid nochange bullshit anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    If I open a shopping center and it floods with zombies, I'll be sure to praise the massive success of the crowds my business was able to attract.
    If those zombies also buy your wares and don't cause damages to the property then yeah you probably would.

3+ Year Old Account
    Massive changes...

More like exploit and bugs fixes. These teenagers love to complain about everything.

Massive changes, would be double-spec, dungeon finder, barber, transmog, etc...

What about the #NoChanges crowd?

- - - Updated - - -

Changes. They are making changes. But like I said, the easily influenced will call them "fixes".
    Thank god you are not easily influenced.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

And how much did it cost to develop? What are it's overheads/upkeep? How much revenue does it generate compared to the competition? How many of the monthly users are actually people who were subbed for retail anyway?
    Blizzard wouldn’t have released this if they didn’t project it would make money. Our only insight into their projections are the number of realms they opened at the start. Given that their problem since the beginning has been overpopulated realms, not underpopulated realms, it is only reasonable to conclude that they are at least meeting expectations.

Not to mention that the presence of these fixes, as well as the continued release of new content and hints at classic versions of TBC and possibly other expansions, all indicate that they consider this a worthwhile investment.

It’s possible all of this is somehow wrong, but you need to actually present evidence for that. Your personal incredulity is evidence of your own stubborn obstinance, nothing more.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

- - - Updated - - -

Changes. They are making changes. But like I said, the easily influenced will call them "fixes".
    And people with mental disabilities will call them 'changes'. Fixing exploits and bugs that were never itented to be a part of the main game is alwyas correct move. If you dont get that then I am sorry for you
    Last edited by HCLM; 2020-07-08 at 01:40 PM.

In all fairness the original AV wasn't ever available in classic.

The original AV was a piece of feces. I played it. It was not actually that good.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You are pretty damn dense aren't you.

Blizzard...literally stated BEFORE CLASSIC LAUNCHED. That they would fix bugs and any exploits found in the game. It was mentioned multiple times.

Just because you can not comprehend that does not mean it is a change.

Go back to your pserver (all of which have now been confirmed to be "changed" from the original vanilla....ironic)