Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Considering the wording was "they" and not "we" you made some pretty big assumptions in your statement.
    You should probably read the part where the person I responded to said they play both.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    You should probably read the part where the person I responded to said they play both.
    No they didn't, it's certainly implied that they do, but they never said they play both. You still fail to address the point raised, and instead desperately deflected and dodged the point raised.

The irony is, if you believe they do play both, why would you make such a stupid comment?

All I care about is an acceptable tuned AQ+Naxx, then for the love of god TBC pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I even would not even mind if they made a Classic+ expansion.
    Classic is not what Vanilla was anyway.
    Good bug fixed Blizz, gogo!
    Are you suggesting this level of change is so far from vanilla that it's really classic+ at this point, or that you want them to make more and more changes to make it classic+? At which point do you believe it stops being classic, and starts being classic+? Is there one change in particular that would transition it from classic to classic+?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    All I care about is an acceptable tuned AQ+Naxx, then for the love of god TBC pls.
    You think the tuning won't be exactly the same as vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    The original AV was never even implemented in Classic. What we got was the dilluted version that was put together in preparation for TBC.
    Fixing those bugs isnt massive, its an unimportant change.
    The massive change was reworking how BG queueing worked, now THAT was a MASSIVE change and it opened the door to deeply changing anything they want and the vast majority of players are ok with that.

Can you point out which of these points is not a bug fix in your opinion? Because bug fixes were announced in the original mission statement of the project and I really can't see anything in here that is either not clearly a bug or original gameplay worth protecting.

(I think the reason why people don't fight about it here as much is that most of the classic community has moved to more insulated areas, because people like being in bubbles and don't like it when half of the posters are just there to express their disdain for everything classic)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Can you point out which of these points is not a bug fix in your opinion? Because bug fixes were announced in the original mission statement of the project and I really can't see anything in here that is either not clearly a bug or original gameplay worth protecting.

(I think the reason why people don't fight about it here as much is that most of the classic community has moved to more insulated areas, because people like being in bubbles and don't like it when half of the posters are just there to express their disdain for everything classic)
    Are you suggesting classic players have left this forum in favor of echo chambers because they can't handle anyone criticizing the game? In my experience, that just isn't accurate.

The whole idea of the "No Changes" was more along the lines of major changes such as buffing/nerfing classes or changing up raid mechanics. These are more like fixes.

If I were you OP I'd log in on every server and hunt down and harrass people who sell zg runs and world buffs too and also knock on people's doors to ensure that they play on crappy pc's.

Now you would have to be really dumb to assume that they would just leave exploits and abuses fly by. Especially if there are many people using them nowadays

Get it into your thick skull, no matter what they would have done, even patch by patch releases with literally 0 changes IT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN THE SAME EXPERIENCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillbert View Post
    The whole idea of the "No Changes" was more along the lines of major changes such as buffing/nerfing classes or changing up raid mechanics. These are more like fixes.
    In your opinion. Never forget that many said they would boycott the game because the water was different. Others said there was no point even releasing the game unless they intentionally included all bugs that existed in each phase of the release, only fixing them in a similar timeframe compared to vanilla.

Who cares, relax. Its minor things, let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your opinion. Never forget that many said they would boycott the game because the water was different. Others said there was no point even releasing the game unless they intentionally included all bugs that existed in each phase of the release, only fixing them in a similar timeframe compared to vanilla.
    And Blizzard should never care about those kinds of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Look back a few weeks, the new Instance cap caused some uproar within the community, same goes for Layering looking back a few months.

Here's the thing: Barely anyone gives a shit about AV anymore at this point.
    The PvE'er got Exalted on their main, dedicated PvP'ers are done ranking (or given up on it) and the only people still left are Alts needing AV exalted, those that are still ranking (which aren't that many at this point) and some who still haven't understood the honor system.

And as said above, these don't even change the AV Meta, if these had happened when these exploits were part of the Meta strats for both faction, this would have caused a massive shitstorm.
    If Blizzard had actually undertaken steps which actually impact the AV Meta, this would be a very different story most likely.

Most people don't speak out against this, nor in favor, they just don't care - because they no longer care about AV.
    Change (or fix) something people care about and you'll have a similiar shitstorm at your heel again.
    This is exactly how I feel about PvP in general.

At the end of the day it's the same old meta in AV: rush to end boss or risk getting less honor/hour. Very epic gameplay guys. /s

it's their property...take it or leave it

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    One of the main reasons people wanted to play Classic was to experience the original AV. That didn't last long.
    That didn't even happen because they released the nerfed version of AV from the beggining

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    And Blizzard should never care about those kinds of players.
    And who are you to say who Blizzard should and should not listen to? Maybe one of your opinions means I think they should completely ignore what you think?

Waah waah mommy help big evil Blizzard is making viable, good and healthy changes to my game waah waah

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes. They are changes. You know that, right?
    So people don't care. Maybe they're too busy having fun playing the game.
    This seems like it's more your problem than anyone elses at this point.

And who are you to say who Blizzard should and should not listen to? Maybe one of your opinions means I think they should completely ignore what you think?
    Because intentionnaly bugged and exploit-able game are so successful or maybe because listening to griefer is not a good idea.
    Pick your favorite

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the #NoChanges crowd?

- - - Updated - - -

Changes. They are making changes. But like I said, the easily influenced will call them "fixes".
    We're past #nochanges now. The community is more about maintaining the spirit of the game, and the intended gameplay of vanilla. They just rightfully feared a slippery slope of Transmogs, store mounts and the systemic busywork of modern WoW. This is not that. This "change" if you really want to insist on calling it that, just makes AV feel more like vanilla AV, and less like Classic AV. Its 100% in the spirit of the game and does not represent the fears of the #NoChanges "movement".

Trying to bait people into a frenzy because they made minor changes to make AV a closer experience to what it was in vanilla is laughable. AV is a fucking joke as it is. Nobody likes it and its one of the most glaring problems in the game. I adored AV in vanilla, and I despise what its become in Classic. Its already changed drastically from the original experience. This FIX just wants to attempt to course correct.