Question "World Quests 2.0," the one change needed more than any

Tomorrow we're getting our shadowlands stream to touch base with some more elements of the forthcoming expansion. Now, I don't know if the previously mentioned "world quests 2.0" is going to be part of that, but as a deep altoholic mega casual who does most of my gearing of many characters via world quests, I'm rather interested in the evolution of the feature that basically and gladly replaced repeated dungeon running for me as a player.

Now, I know that there will be people that post hate for world quests, or the intentionally unambitious playstyle that revels in them as I do. I can't stop these people from posting of course, but it needs to be said that this thread isn't intended for them. If they wanna bump the thread with hate, again, I can't stop them, but this thread is posted in a good faith appreciation of the WQ feature and its evolution.

When I think about how I'd personally like to see WQs evolve, there is one thought that prevails as I pick and choose which world quests to do on a given day: I will always, always prioritize WQs where other players of the same faction (or even the other faction) being present are a boon or a non-issue, and not a hindrance. That means singular boss kills, that means "azerite wounds," that means tortollan quests, and as a last resort that means "kill 10 rats" in a smaller area where tagging is relatively quick and non-competitive. If there's one ethic I would have wrung out of open world content, it's the sense of "dammit, there are other players here!"

I get that in a "factional tension" sense there's an argument to be made for tag wars with the opposite faction, specifically in War Mode... but even outside war mode, that's why bodycount quests are low priority among WQs I'll actually do, but what I think has to die is the idea of "competitive clickables" within the same faction. Warring over clickables are absolutely the lowest priority WQs I will do unless it's for an alt gunning for a big upgrade. There is no reason in 2020 and beyond for a game refining its overworld game like WoW is to have us "hating to see each other" within our own faction. Clickables should either be "instanced" per player or just not go away once someone clicks on them. Again, we should not be cursing the presence of other players for our daily-run gameplay loop.

So yeah, that's my one bit of passionately felt feedback about the evolution of world quests. That's my one sticking point with my favorite delivery method for content I consume regularly: I shouldn't be positioned to hate seeing other players around, I should want us to help each other complete our objectives faster!

What about you, assuming you're not here to hate on World Quests, what would you have changed about them? How would you see them evolve?

Thanks in advance for any and all constructive replies... and for the hate-bumps I guess
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-07-07 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    . There is no reason in 2020 and beyond for a game refining its overworld game like WoW is to have us "hating to see each other" within our own faction. Clickables should either be "instanced" per player or just not go away once someone clicks on them. Again, we should not be cursing the presence of other players for our daily-run gameplay loop.
    This I totally agree with. Especially the one you can’t click because you are in combat. Today in the Valley we lost a few clickables because we were clearing the mobs in front but couldn’t click because of the wonderful “you can’t do that while in combat”. It is like it is made just to anger you. You do the work and someone rides in and takes it. Doing the same dailies now for months is painful enough.

Also stop making us fly around hoping to find a stupid chest spawn. The last patch set of dailies was lazy, boring and like you said makes you hate to see people.
    "Peace is a lie"

If we forget for a second that these N'Zoth invasions exist, are there actually any situations in BfA left, where other players can "steal" quest objectives?
    Because except these two zones i really can't remember any situation where this happened.

I hope this will not be there again in shadowlands...