View Poll Results: Would you sign an Open Letter without knowing of other signees?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    16 57.14%
  • Not Sure

    3 10.71%
  • No

    9 32.14%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    She doesn't hate transgender people though.
    Her words state otherwise. She denies people's identity because it pleases her to hurt them. It's that simple.

    She just thinks that sex is an important characteristic and one that should be defended in law and not be erased in favor of gender.
    Horse. Shit. She's actively arguing to exclude women from women's bathrooms, among other things. Which has jack and shit to do with sex, particularly as biological sex isn't even binary to begin with and cannot be assessed that way.

    Stop confusing disagreement for hate.
    If I were to argue that blacks and whites can't integrate and it would be better for blacks to be kept separate, in their own spaces, where they can't bother the whites, I'd be a racist asshole.

    That's not "disagreement". It is hate. That's what the "disagreement" is; Rowling is hateful, and other people don't support her in that. Literally the issue, here.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Nah..they all butthurt because they bought her books, and saw the movies, and bought related merchandise, and she became a billionaire. Now they feel swindled and betrayed. Just a matter of time before they fantasize winning a lawsuit to pay for being so butthurt...
    Oh yeah... I’m sure they will pull the ol’ @Sulla ‘I will sue!’ or the @Dacien ‘I reported this forum to the White House’...

    Edit:

    Last edited by Felya; 2020-07-09 at 02:28 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Her words state otherwise. She denies people's identity because it pleases her to hurt them. It's that simple.



    Horse. Shit. She's actively arguing to exclude women from women's bathrooms, among other things. Which has jack and shit to do with sex, particularly as biological sex isn't even binary to begin with and cannot be assessed that way.



    If I were to argue that blacks and whites can't integrate and it would be better for blacks to be kept separate, in their own spaces, where they can't bother the whites, I'd be a racist asshole.

    That's not "disagreement". It is hate. That's what the "disagreement" is; Rowling is hateful, and other people don't support her in that. Literally the issue, here.
    Why do you think separate bathrooms exist exactly if it has nothing to do with sex?

  4. #84
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Why do you think separate bathrooms exist exactly if it has nothing to do with sex?
    Prudishness and moral panics.

    Do you have gender-separate bathrooms in your house?


    And this is beside the point. A transgender woman is a woman and trying to exclude her from the woman's bathroom because she's transgender is petty shit that serves no identifiable purpose other than to hurt and abuse transgender women.

    Transgender women just being used as the excuse since nobody seems to be having an issue with transgender men using the men's washroom. And the reason is because this is all a stupid-ass moral panic centered on hateful attitudes.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Why do you think separate bathrooms exist exactly if it has nothing to do with sex?
    How would a woman use a urinal?

    Edit: I’ve been in clubs that not only have unisex bathrooms, but even a DJ in the bathroom...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Prudishness and moral panics.

    Do you have gender-separate bathrooms in your house?


    And this is beside the point. A transgender woman is a woman and trying to exclude her from the woman's bathroom because she's transgender is petty shit that serves no identifiable purpose other than to hurt and abuse transgender women.

    Transgender women just being used as the excuse since nobody seems to be having an issue with transgender men using the men's washroom. And the reason is because this is all a stupid-ass moral panic centered on hateful attitudes.
    It's almost like males commit the vast majority of both violent and sex related crimes. So of course people are going to be more concerned about males gaining access to female spaces than females gaining access to male spaces.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    It's almost like males commit the vast majority of both violent and sex related crimes. So of course people are going to be more concerned about males gaining access to female spaces than females gaining access to male spaces.
    Dude... there are men... everywhere... you are 5 steps from Valery Solanas... it’s pretty funny...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCUM_Manifesto
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Dude... there are men... everywhere... you are 5 steps from Valery Solanas... it’s pretty funny...
    Yes, there are and women need places away from men.

    Or should we celebrate rape centers being defunded again?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    ; Rowling is hateful, and other people don't support her in that. Literally the issue, here.
    You're just as hateful. Your posts are all about that tasty hate. You never post about anything else.
    Why not write a book about it? You've certainly become quite exemplary on such a feeling.

    Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2020-07-09 at 04:11 AM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Yes, there are and women need places away from men.
    Like... bathrooms? Women go to the bathroom, to get away from men?

    Or should we celebrate rape centers being defunded again?
    Could you provide a link to a “rape center“ and how many urinals they have?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You're just as hateful. Your posts are all about that tasty hate. You never post about anything else.
    Why not write a book about it? You've certainly become quite exemplary on such a feeling.
    Uhm... there is literally a dude defending Rowing, arguing that women bathrooms are salvation from being raped by men. But... Ednus...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  11. #91
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    It's almost like males commit the vast majority of both violent and sex related crimes. So of course people are going to be more concerned about males gaining access to female spaces than females gaining access to male spaces.
    So, your solution is to push trans women into the men's room with the demographic that is apparently violent and sexual abusive? How do you think this is good, exactly?

    Oh, yeah, and Rowling is just a dandy person. Her pals are great people.



  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Nah..they all butthurt because they bought her books, and saw the movies, and bought related merchandise, and she became a billionaire. Now they feel swindled and betrayed. Just a matter of time before they fantasize winning a lawsuit to pay for being so butthurt...
    Legit the obsession with JK Rowling is unhealthy at times

    I think the mob has not dealt with someone that cannot only not be cancelled but actually bites back sometimes

    JK Rowling is great

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Do you have gender-separate bathrooms in your house?
    See... you are under the false impression that a bathroom, is for... uhm... bathroom things. I am now learning that bathrooms are women sanctuaries, to get away from rapist men. I am learning a lot... bathrooms are like “rape centers”...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    So, your solution is to push trans women into the men's room with the demographic that is apparently violent and sexual abusive? How do you think this is good, exactly?
    Um, trans women are part of that demographic that is more violent and sexually abusive.

    And they really like to show they are part of that demographic with all the violent threats they throw at any woman who disagrees with them like they did with JK Rowling.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Legit the obsession with JK Rowling is unhealthy at times

    I think the mob has not dealt with someone that cannot only not be cancelled but actually bites back sometimes

    JK Rowling is great
    Yes, exactly. They are having a hard time threatening her into silence like they do other women. It's driving them crazy.

  15. #95
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    See... you are under the false impression that a bathroom, is for... uhm... bathroom things. I am now learning that bathrooms are women sanctuaries, to get away from rapist men. I am learning a lot... bathrooms are like “rape centers”...
    Fun fact. The first bill to allow trans women to use women's facilities in 1974 in Minneapolis. Authorities have reported no one taking advantage of the law in 46 years.

    More importantly, if there is an epidemic of men assaulting people in bathrooms then wouldn't the logical legal solution be to enhance punishments for assault in bathrooms an, say, bar sex offenders from using public facilities altogether?

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    So, your solution is to push trans women into the men's room with the demographic that is apparently violent and sexual abusive? How do you think this is good, exactly?

    Oh, yeah, and Rowling is just a dandy person. Her pals are great people.


    Have you read the article???

    Its literally about de-radicalizing nazis

    https://forward.com/opinion/380510/w...ing-neo-nazis/

    I said this earlier but outrage culture would not be a thing if people actually bothered at least paying attention to what others say

  17. #97
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Um, trans women are part of that demographic that is more violent and sexually abusive.
    There's no discernible difference in the crime statistics between trans women and cis women.

    And they really like to show they are part of that demographic with all the violent threats they throw at any woman who disagrees with them like they did with JK Rowling.
    Is this where I get to break out the sheer insanity of TERFs attacking Margaret Atwood recently?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    There's no discernible difference in the crime statistics between trans women and cis women.


    Is this where I get to break out the sheer insanity of TERFs attacking Margaret Atwood recently?
    Trans women maintain male levels of criminality.

  19. #99
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,194
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Have you read the article???
    Yup, I read it. It's hyperbolic, which is what Parker was pointing out and I intentionally cut off. That's my entire point. You people (particularly TERFs) are built to exist on pure hyperbole. That's her entire schtick. That's Rowling's entire schtick. Nothing you guys claim is remotely connected to reality -- like claiming the neo-Nazis can be reasoned with or trans people existing making you out to be Nazis.

    I'm looking forward to burying you in data tonight if this doesn't get shut down, btw.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Trans women maintain male levels of criminality.
    Evidence? I bet you cite Dhejne. I'm going to directly quote her, just so you know.

    Edit: Let's do it anyway. Here she is, the author of the widely misquoted Swedishs tudy, doing a r/Science AMA a few years ago. Crime statistics:

    For combined transgender females and males and for the whole period 1973-2003 we saw an increased risk of being dead ( in suicide and cardio vascular diseases) and of being hospitalized for any psychiatric morbidity and for suicide attempts. We saw a positive time trend regarding mortality, suicide attempts and any crime and violent crime. For the last period (1989-2003) the transgender group did not have any elevated risk of being dead or being hospitalized for suicide attempts or committing any crime or violent crime. They had the same risk as the controls.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2020-07-09 at 02:54 AM.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Fun fact. The first bill to allow trans women to use women's facilities in 1974 in Minneapolis. Authorities have reported no one taking advantage of the law in 46 years.

    More importantly, if there is an epidemic of men assaulting people in bathrooms then wouldn't the logical legal solution be to enhance punishments for assault in bathrooms an, say, bar sex offenders from using public facilities altogether?
    I’ve been to clubs, where everyone is fucking high, with unisex, open bathrooms... I first went to this club about 3 years after this was filmed... It changed, but the “bath room” was still there... not as crowded... people were fucking, but not raping...

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •