Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Whether or not you agree with Blizzard in the BLM situation, it has no bearing in the Hong Kong situation. Its just plain whatboutism and bringing it up serves almost no purpose. Yeah, they screwed up on the Hong Kong situation, they apologized.

Move on.
    It does actually. It means they are selectively choosing what literally "matters" to them and i say this as a Black Man. What they said in the live stream can be equated to what Blitzchung said. Blizzard made the choice of not being a part of the fight against injustice a long time ago so it sound in genuine when they say it now.
    Last edited by Malix Farwin; 2020-07-08 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I had really hoped, that Blizzard would come back after the Alpha and have something really great to present, something that just said "This is really cool and new! Come play it!", yet its just lacking. Hope the future patches brings in something fun, hopeful i am.
    They assume that Covenants and Torghast are those big things. While people are very skeptical about Covenants, the majority of feedback regarding Torghast is very, very positive. I am also not interested a bit in it, so I completely get where you are coming from. Fact is just Shadowlands is made for another type of player and not for you or me. How you deal with the fact that you are not the target audience is up to you however.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Said as if WoW was never grindy from the start. The grinds are far less time consuming these days.
    Say that to those that haven't gotten rank 4 specific essences, Azerite Neck Level beyond the neck level Cap etc.

For those, it is taking tons of weeks still to get that because of bad drop luck RNG or needing to do the same old boring trife. They've already done for a very, very too long long time (WQs, Dailys, Emisarries) and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    I'm sure It'll be like BFA beta as well with valid complaints and feedback on how shit something is that'll never get looked at before release.
    I think Beta is gonna have to be when Blizzard shows that they give a crap but its a least concerning to think that they considered what they have been doing thus far as listening to feed back when so little has been done and so much ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    LOL. None of these people (see: trolls) have done anything to help HK. They just want a reason to bash Blizz or BLM.

Keep virtue signalling on the internet, I'm sure it's helping the people suffering in HK
    You are not exactly supportive yourself.

And no, having ACAB tag on twitter isnt support.

Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    I think Beta is gonna have to be when Blizzard shows that they give a crap but its a least concerning to think that they considered what they have been doing thus far as listening to feed back when so little has been done and so much ignored.
    In other words, "I did not get a personal 1 on 1 with Ion Hazzikostas where I was able to berate him for hours about how shit the game is and how dumb he and his development team are; and because I did not get this meaningless catharsis I'm now going to post on fan forums about how the company refuses to listen to my feedback and my feedback alone because I am the center of the known universe and it's frankly completely unacceptable that this audience wasn't provided to me. By the way, I'll be writing to Ion's manager about this later."

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You are not exactly supportive yourself.

And no, having ACAB tag on twitter isnt support.
    I'm not virtue signalling on the internet to Blizz 'what about HK' though lol.

so apparently that statement ion did at the end really triggered alot of people
    and its the same people who complains other people are always triggered..

anyways back to the content
    when he says beta is feature complete i think that means covanents and soulblinds are staying til release 100%
    which i like, i was worried they would scrap the system, because of influencers telling them too, they are sticking with their guns
    def need to rework some abilities though like the mage night fae and venthyr

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Say that to those that haven't gotten rank 4 specific essences, Azerite Neck Level beyond the neck level Cap etc.

For those, it is taking tons of weeks still to get that because of bad drop luck RNG or needing to do the same old boring trife. They've already done for a very, very too long long time (WQs, Dailys, Emisarries) and so on and so forth.
    Rank 4 due to RNG sure, but getting the neck capped was pretty cake for me playing infrequently. And with the catchup on that anyone who was around for a while should easily have it and those coming recently should have it with ease. But sure RNG can screw you. I never factor RNG into grinding something like rep, AP and such because those aren't really reliant on RNG for consistent gains.

Still, the grinds are shorter and easier due to catch up mechanics these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    so apparently that statement ion did at the end really triggered alot of people
    and its the same people who complains other people are always triggered..

anyways back to the content
    when he says beta is feature complete i think that means covanents and soulblinds are staying til release 100%
    which i like, i was worried they would scrap the system, because of influencers telling them too, they are sticking with their guns
    def need to rework some abilities though like the mage night fae and venthyr
    Yup fragile white folks. Mostly males.

They had an extra month and basically the stream was a whole load of nothing for 30 mind or so. Makes you wonder what they would have announced a month ago. It's looking pretty dire already.

DO THE WOW TEAM NEED A CHANGE UP?
    I think they do. Ion and John are not capable. The systems WILL be broken and all we found out is there's more layers to the already convoluted system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    good post

classic saved their financial asses...

retail will finalize its de-evolving into a chinese, rpg, cash grab soon enough.
    No one cares about classic mate. Please stop. Did you read the live chat when they stated with classic? Everyone was like no one cares about classic. I repeat NO ONE CARES ABOUT CLASSIC. I would never play that empty dry game with no real endgame content. BfA was chap but Classic is beyond that. Retail is keeping classic afloat, don't forget that

Why so many systems?! Why can't we keep it short and simple?
    This was supposed to be the xpac where gear was gear. But, now we got a bunch of relics, a bunch of rental talent trees and abilities like legendary crafting wasn't enough.

What if you make the wrong choice? What if a patch comes that nerfs the ability that made a covenant good? Why devs?! Why are you making this complicated?
    This will also kill alts once again, in the xpac that was supposed to be alt friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    They had an extra month and basically the stream was a whole load of nothing for 30 mind or so. Makes you wonder what they would have announced a month ago. It's looking pretty dire already.

I think they do. Ion and John are not capable. The systems WILL be broken and all we found out is there's more layers to the already convoluted system.

- - - Updated - - -

No one cares about classic mate. Please stop. Did you read the live chat when they stated with classic? Everyone was like no one cares about classic. I repeat NO ONE CARES ABOUT CLASSIC. I would never play that empty dry game with no real endgame content. BfA was chap but Classic is beyond that. Retail is keeping classic afloat, don't forget that
    Good thing you put your complaint in large letters, I almost missed it. A few buddies of mine are thinking about commissioning an aircraft to fly a banner with this message over Blizzard HQ, if you'd like to contribute send me a DM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    This was supposed to be the xpac where gear was gear. But, now we got a bunch of relics, a bunch of rental talent trees and abilities like legendary crafting wasn't enough.

What if you make the wrong choice? What if a patch comes that nerfs the ability that made a covenant good? Why devs?! Why are you making this complicated?
    This will also kill alts once again, in the xpac that was supposed to be alt friendly.
    To quote a Blizzard developer somewhere, "why use many system when few system do trick?"

In reality, it's a bit late to be complaining about systems. We've known this is how the expansion was going to be playing out for awhile now. Yelling at clouds about things that aren't going to change this far into development cycle is pointless. If we, as consumers, really want to see fewer systems in WoW, we need to stop buying WoW expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Good thing you put your complaint in large letters, I almost missed it. A few buddies of mine are thinking about commissioning an aircraft to fly a banner with this message over Blizzard HQ, if you'd like to contribute send me a DM
    Great post, KEEP EM COMING!

But actually I put my complaint in normal sized text. The big writing was to draw attention to the question. If I need explain things to you please don't be afraid to ask. I LIKE HELPING

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    It does actually. It means they are selectively choosing what literally "matters" to them and i say this as a Black Man. What they said in the live stream can be equated to what Blitzchung said. Blizzard made the choice of not being a part of the fight against injustice a long time ago so it sound in genuine when they say it now.
    It has no bearing whatsoever and it's not even remotely the same. Blitzchung made the statement during a championship as a competitor. Ion made the statement during a company livestream, as a employee, that was postponed due to BLM movement, the very movement that they have shown their support.

One involves a complex Geo-political situation that may affect blizzard standing in a country that is vital for it's business. The other adress police brutality in Blizzard's country. The only similarity is that they both deal with human rights.

Not to mention that they might have changed their position specially due to the Hong Kong debacle, in other words, they might support the BLM movement because people were incredibly on their asses about Hong Kong. Which they apologized for too.

So bringing Hong Kong to the conversation serves no purpose whatsoever other than to muddy the waters and complain about blizzard. Basically, at this point, people would complain if they did not made a statement too.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Really liked what they showed. Hype level keeps going up for me.

- - - Updated - - -

You act as if this isn't exactly what they were going to do then.

You mean you don't care about classic. Others do. It's OK to have different opinions. And both player bases pay the bills so any relevant news for Classic is fin in a WoW stream.

Great post, KEEP EM COMING!

But actually I put my complaint in normal sized text. The big writing was to draw attention to the question. If I need explain things to you please don't be afraid to ask. I LIKE HELPING
    1.) It's grammatically incorrect to a point where I'm not even sure if English is your first language. (Not an issue if it isn't, but it is kind of funny to see something that wrong printed in large font.)

2.) Being obnoxious to bring about a fairly banal and equally obnoxious hypothetical is pretty much the definition of unhelpful feedback. Instead of providing literally any actionable information for the developers, you're just saying they should get fired.

The real irony here is that no matter who is in a position of authority at Blizzard until you get an expansion that is personally catered to your own specific wants and desires, people like you are going to keep lambasting developers with completely pointless condemnations.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-07-09 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

The systems seem pretty simple and easily identifiable. You pick a covenant, which is essentially choosing a faction but with an active ability. Simple.

You choose a Soul Bind within your chosen Covenant which is basically a simple skill tree and essences/the thing from the end of Legion. Simple.

Renown is just PvP ranks but for your covenants. Simple

Then each Covenant has it's own RP activity. Simple.

Then legendary crafting. You get items to make a legendary, pick a power you want to use and get the item to make a legendary. None of these seem convoluted.

If you make a mistake, then you go to another covenant. You get to test them out for about 2-3 levels of play time before making a decision. You can always switch. You'll probably lose your renown and your ranks with souls bonds, but you are free to switch.

But seriously these systems are so straight forward and simple to understand IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The systems seem pretty simple and easily identifiable. You pick a covenant, which is essentially choosing a faction but with an active ability. Simple.

You choose a Soul Bind within your chosen Covenant which is basically a simple skill tree and essences/the thing from the end of Legion. Simple.

Renown is just PvP ranks but for your covenants. Simple

Then each Covenant has it's own RP activity. Simple.

Then legendary crafting. You get items to make a legendary, pick a power you want to use and get the item to make a legendary. None of these seem convoluted.

If you make a mistake, then you go to another covenant. You get to test them out for about 2-3 levels of play time before making a decision. You can always switch. You'll probably lose your renown and your ranks with souls bonds, but you are free to switch.

But seriously these systems are so straight forward and simple to understand IMO.
    I'm afraid that by the second parahraph it is no longer simple. Even the "choosing a skill" part isn't. Wich skill do i need to be competitive?
    Theres 3 soulbind trees with different traits. Wich one is the right one so i can be competitive?
    Wich legendary is the right one?
    Wich relics are the right ones?
    How far behind will i be if i don't choose the optimal setting?

It is FAR from simple. You will require a guide to make the right choices and the price for failure is steep. Having a covenant while leveling is very differemt than all the systems at max level, and changing covenant will have an increasingly steep cost as time goes on.
    No, none of this is "simple". It's a minefield.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-07-09 at 12:53 AM.

Aww, so there goes all the shadow priest feedback wanting void form to go away