Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    Probably a waste of my time in this thread but here goes:

    Base Expansion $40
    includes all zones and content

    Heroic Upgrade +$20
    adds mount and transmog and a max level boost

    Epic Upgrade +$20
    adds pet, toy, enchant, and gametime

    CE +$40
    adds Art book, Music disc, pins, mousepad, and shiny box.

    My breakdown:
    $40 seems pretty fair for a once every 2 year cost.
    Heroic seems like a standard shop mount for $20 with free boost added
    Epic adds a $5 store pet plus $15 gametime with some free toys added
    Art book would retail for $20
    Music disc would retail for $10
    Mouse pad for $5
    Pins for $5
    Shiniest box evar - FREE

    $120 is a lot, but I don't think they are actually gouging on anything.

    I think Blizzard should be highly praised for adding such flexible options and that doesn't even include the ability to pre-purchase the game now and get a full credit to Blizzard balance on release.

    /fanboy-mode
    You could just get the digital one and then buy a used CE for probably less than 40$ on ebay.

    Or an even better idea. Don't buy CEs and spend your money on something useful instead. Companies have tricked you into believing that you need this shit and you don't.

  2. #42
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Hahaha fucking four versions of the same game. Blizzard kills me with this shit. Once upon a time Blizzard gave us two options. Game and collector version. It was nice and simple and well priced.

    $120 my ass. Especially when you can end up buying them brand new months later for half the cost since were long past the days of vanilla, tbc, and wrath where collector editions are hard to come by.
    While true, to be fair, I just sold an unopened Legion CE for $280 on Ebay a month ago.

    But yeah... this is absurd. I'm hoping Shadowlands ends up being good enough to warrant this, but seriously, wtf... x_x
    Stay healthy and safe, my friends. <3

  3. #43
    "Shocking" .. a new mouse pad ... they just have no immagination with the CE's. May as well rename to collect a new WoW mouse pad in a bigger box for 2x+ the price

    Aside from the 15th annicersary box, the contents of CE's for WoW have been quite shit.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,283
    And I thought BFA was an expensive CE at £90 for the paperweight. Little did I know it'd end up being good value for money.
    This'll be the first Physical CE that I don't buy since starting buying them at Cataclysm.

    £110 on Amazon UK for a likely poor quality plastic laminate mousemat (like the Cataclysm one probably), some badges that children put on their backpacks, and a book which would be RRP at £15 at the most. Nope.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  5. #45
    "available at select retailers this week" - i've not yet seen any except official blizzard stores yet, anyone know any ones in Europe?

  6. #46
    How people think this stuff is "worth it" I'll never understand. It doesn't make the game any better, it's just fluff.

  7. #47
    I'm glad that they have a proper art book again at least.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    How people think this stuff is "worth it" I'll never understand. It doesn't make the game any better, it's just fluff.
    Because alot of people even in 2020 are Physical Games, Collectors. Regardless of Game Editions. Who would have known right?

    Gotta love people that never thinks before they open their mouth.

  9. #49
    There is nothing in the pack that interests me. Nothing at all. Ugly mount, ugly transmog, ugly weapon echants, not into pets, don't care about the HS effect, don't care about the character boost, don't care about the game time.

  10. #50
    I remember when they cost 80 Euros, now it's 130 here in the Netherlands.

    No thank you, especially not since i have played since December 2018.

  11. #51
    The Patient Chakah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    In my Garrison
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    You could just get the digital one and then buy a used CE for probably less than 40$ on ebay.
    I guess I could, but why spend a bit less then $40 for a used mouse pad (ewwww), when I could spend $40 for a new one and directly show support for the developer of the game I have played for over 15 years?

    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    Or an even better idea. Don't buy CEs and spend your money on something useful instead. Companies have tricked you into believing that you need this shit and you don't.
    I find entertainment to be valuable if not 'useful', don't you? And I'm certainly blessed to be living in a world/situation where I can spend money on more than just things I need to survive. What a dull, joyless life it would be if everything had to be 'useful'.

    I'm not being tricked, I'm a willing participant.

    Spend what you want, its your choice, and I'll do the same. I just think its nice to have a range of options.

  12. #52
    That's a pass from me

    Bit expensive for the exact same shit we've always had
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    How people think this stuff is "worth it" I'll never understand. It doesn't make the game any better, it's just fluff.
    So what would you call the game, then? Can you hold it in your hand? Can you wrap it in paper and give it to someone else? Can you build something out of it?

    Of course not. It's a digital product. It has less substance than anything you're complaining about. You could call the game itself fluff.
    Still calling them out, one infraction at a time.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    I guess I could, but why spend a bit less then $40 for a used mouse pad (ewwww), when I could spend $40 for a new one and directly show support for the developer of the game I have played for over 15 years?
    If you still feel good about shoving more money up Blizzard's ass, you've been willfully ignorant in the last 10 years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    I find entertainment to be valuable if not 'useful', don't you?
    A CE is not entertainment. If looking at a box entertains you, you need to make some life changes.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    So what would you call the game, then? Can you hold it in your hand? Can you wrap it in paper and give it to someone else? Can you build something out of it?

    Of course not. It's a digital product. It has less substance than anything you're complaining about. You could call the game itself fluff.
    Stop being silly. I could wrap a turd in paper and give it to someone. Just because something is "physical" doesn't give it an inherent value. A video game is entertainment (if it's good). Blizzard's insane focus on cosmetics, collectibles, buyable mounts/pets, etc and how people are buying into it is just sad. All I want is a quality product without any silly fluff.

    I understand why they do it. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Kudos to developers like CD Projekt who just focus on delivering quality products.

  16. #56
    So if we redeem the Physical Collectors ED we will be credit the amount we spent on other version of the expansion in Blizzard balance right? Because this was mentioned at BlizzCon for when Legion was about to come out and when it did Blizzard customer service said the digital purchase of the expansion was non refundable.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Neloangelo View Post
    So if we redeem the Physical Collectors ED we will be credit the amount we spent on other version of the expansion in Blizzard balance right? Because this was mentioned at BlizzCon for when Legion was about to come out and when it did Blizzard customer service said the digital purchase of the expansion was non refundable.
    I think earlier Blizz didn't give balance but a new key for the version you had activated. So basically useless, because everyone who wanted to play already bought the game, noone to sell the key to shortly after expansion start. Now with balance it's way better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •