Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Giving birth. I don't know if I ever want to do it again.

First was getting stung by a tarantula hawk.

It was agony, but only lasted about 10 minutes, at most.

After that it would probably be an abscessed tooth, that wasn't fun.

The pain of broken bones is more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Sciatica. For a few weeks, I was constantly in pain. Some sitting or sleeping positions could alleviate it, but it got bad enough to bring me to tears when trying to drive.
    Sciatica as well for 2 weeks. I couldn't sleep in any position in bed, I couldn't get up from the bed... I was crawling on my knees just to go to the bathroom... It happened 6 months ago. I started exercising and the pain went away.
    Last edited by jamescl; 2020-08-28 at 10:38 PM.

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Kiss of Death + a torn toenail in half

Severely abscessed tooth in my upper rear jaw. Infection nearly went to the brain. Half my face swelled up massively. I looked like the Disney version of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. It was disturbing.

1. Kidney stones. 4 times in 2-3 years. I continually failed to compensate for the fact that I was in a much more physically demanding job than I had been before and subsequently wasn't drinking enough water. I just never feel thirsty.

2. Root canal on Christmas Day. My wife had to take me to an emergency dentist who timed the anesthetic perfectly: it wore off the moment I left his office. The cab ride home over bumpy tram rails and a driver who was in a hurry to finish up and get home to his family was interminable. Had to go to work the next day looking like I had a softball stuffed in my cheek.

3. Fell off my bike swerving to avoid some chucklefuck walking in the middle of the road in the dark at night and broke my femur at the start of this summer. I'm entering my third month on crutches now and have a nice, long scar and a titanium plate and screws as souvenirs. Passed on some painkillers at the hospital and at home because they were trying to give me oxy and I am having none of that bullshit, so I just had to endure whatever paracetamol couldn't block.

4. I'm 90% sure I had a concussion as a child (back before there was so much awareness about it as a thing that happens frequently) and have since high school had migraines every month and a half or so. They vary from "I need to take a strong migraine medicine and sit with my eyes shut for an hour or so" to "I will be a sweating, wincing mess curled up in the fetal position in a bedroom with the curtains drawn for the entire fucking day". The latter is usually followed by a day of "aftershocks" and my head feels like a cracked egg.

Plenty more where that came from because pain has pretty much been a companion of mine as long as I've been conscious, but those are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of severity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kidney stone... no doctors... no pain killers... working from home, on the floor, fetal position for 2 days... didn’t mis an hour and didn’t fuck up.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

getting a piece of stone in my knee while I slipped during the rain on a rough road wearing shorts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Tattooing my arms.
    What can I say, I have sensitive skin. Spent 11 hours during a 2 day period.
    Since I'm skinny, I have no muscles/fat around my wrists. Just skin and bone.
    And when the needle started drilling the bone, that shit hurt. A lot.
    I take this back.
    Nipple piercing is the most painful thing I've experienced.
    And then 3 more times. Pulling the needle out hurts as much as piercing the nipple.

Gout. When it's active the pain jumps from 0 to 10 with the smallest strain put on the infected joint.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sharpest short pain was getting drain tubes removed from my lung.

Long term, the aforementioned lung post operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    someone putting their hand inside me...
    Inside you how exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Metal shaving splinter...100x worse than a wooden splinter imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Today, went to dentist to fix up a tooth, 4 shots of anesthesia as its hard for her to put at correct spot

Ended up with having to DRILL on the tooth to open up the fucking nerve, which hurt like hell, and THEN she shanked the fuck out of the NERVE with an Anesthesia injection, worst pain in my life, only lasted 1,5 sec, but that was still the worst.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

when i was in 5th grade I slammed my hand through the plastic window of a trailer door, it actually didn't hurt at all but the stitches sure did. the most pain I've ever been in was from period cramps until I got diagnosed with endometriosis and was put on birth control which is wonderful. recently though I hit my pinky toe on the door frame and it swelled up and was bruised for several days and even a few weeks later it still hurts if i move it wrong
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I second kidney stone - what a fucker...

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Today, went to dentist to fix up a tooth, 4 shots of anesthesia as its hard for her to put at correct spot

Ended up with having to DRILL on the tooth to open up the fucking nerve, which hurt like hell, and THEN she shanked the fuck out of the NERVE with an Anesthesia injection, worst pain in my life, only lasted 1,5 sec, but that was still the worst.
    Jesus Christ... My phobia of dental work stems from exactly that kind of crap. 1.5 seconds of tooth nerve pain feels like a lifetime when it goes on.

Thank the lawd for that liquid they have which makes you 1) Completely relaxed and 2) allows you to forget anything that happened once you sleep it off.

The difference between dentists and their skill can be daunting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I guess I'm pretty lucky as far as my dentist goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Jesus Christ... My phobia of dental work stems from exactly that kind of crap. 1.5 seconds of tooth nerve pain feels like a lifetime when it goes on.

That happened cause i was mega unlucky and the nerve had become inflamed, first time happened to me, hopefully never again

I moved last year, i stayed at my old dentist, dont wanna risk changing and spending several trips to different ones thats closer to find one thats good, i can deal with the 1h drive each way as i know its a GOOD dentist.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

- Kidney Stone
    - 2nd degree burns over my entire stomach
    - cracked tailbone
    - severe bout of gout
    - 4 root canals in one sitting
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown