Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    He answered your question and you call him oblivious? What a strange person you are.

I forgive you for making this thread. You may go now.
    The question that i made like 20 days ago.. it is no longer something that matters or something i care about.. and we really should stop giving this thread attention.

It’s like i would ask ”What time is it?” or "What's todays date?" And you come with the awnser 20 days later.

This was something i was wondering about for like 1-2 hrs at the beginning of July.. not something that matters almost a whole month later.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-07-30 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    He answered your question and you call him oblivious? What a strange person you are.

I forgive you for making this thread. You may go now.
    Haha yeah, that felt a little weird.

In any case, OP, this thread isn't your property, as much as the reading/replying behaviour of forum posters isn't either. If people want to reply to this thread a year later they can do so, provided the thread is still up. Once you post something online, it belongs to the interwebz. Furthermore, thoughts are also quite often not original, so maybe there are other people wondering the same thing and this posts helps them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    The question that i made like 20 days ago.. it is no longer something that matters or something i care about.. and we really should stop giving this thread attention.
    It's not all about you. No one here cares if you still care or not. Jeez, do you really not understand the nature of a public discussion forum??

Please stop replying to month old threads..

Hey.

So today i decided just for lulz to try out frost after being fire up until ilvl 466... and frost is doing like 10k more dps for me on target dummy.. even simming say i do more dmg with frost than fire..

But since i only tried frost for lulz and i actully enjoy being fire more.. Should i just stick with fire or keep being the thing that does more damage for me?
    Wanna raid and play decent progress? be helpful and useful (broken classes are broken bc they're hella helpful and useful)
    After that play the alt that you can enjoy the most.

Also, fire deletes most of adds without losing any damage on the main target, that's useful, but I hope you're not learning this right now.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's not all about you. No one here cares if you still care or not. Jeez, do you really not understand the nature of a public discussion forum??
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    Haha yeah, that felt a little weird.

In any case, OP, this thread isn't your property, as much as the reading/replying behaviour of forum posters isn't either. If people want to reply to this thread a year later they can do so, provided the thread is still up. Once you post something online, it belongs to the interwebz. Furthermore, thoughts are also quite often not original, so maybe there are other people wondering the same thing and this posts helps them.
    You can talk all you want in here.. But please don't reply as if you are adressing me as a person or poster when you quote the topic...

I've deleted the main post just to remove any further confusion.

Now you can continue this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I play a rogue you play whatever. What is the objective measure that validates your opinion? I mean when I go to play with randoms I know that I bring X amount of dps. Even if someone brings less or zero I am there to kill 3-4 bosses and be done with it so I literally don't care if the other guy is getting carried or whatnot.
    But that's exactly my point. If YOU don't care what the other guy does and you'll just say well we'll kill bosses anyway so whatever, that's a virtuous position on your part. And it's probably a very common position.

HOWEVER

It's very different from the other side, and what you really CANNOT do is come in saying "well I don't care how I do, and everyone else is just going to have to carry me". That's entitlement, and assuming an obligation on the part of other people to make up for your shortcomings. Which, again: it's great if they do, but that's THEIR choice, and you don't get to come in demanding everyone carry you.

This is a philosophical difference more than an active debate (few people will actually articulate it), but it's a very important distinction, I feel.

When I played a mage, I derived my joy from being beneficial to groups. In order to be the most beneficial, I often attempted to optimize my dps as well as my utility. So for me, "what I enjoy" and what "does the most dmg" are the same thing. Always.

You can talk all you want in here.. But please don't reply as if you are adressing me as a person or poster when you quote the topic...

I've deleted the main post just to remove any further confusion.

Now you can continue this discussion.
    If you don't want replies, don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    If you don't want replies, don't post.
    I want replies when i make the question.. not 20 days after i made the question, Which is why we need a delete thread option so we can remove things that are no longer relevant, as to not clutter the forums
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-07-30 at 08:50 PM.

I want replies when i make the question.. not 20 days after i made the question, Which is why we need a delete thread option so we can remove things that are no longer relevant, as to not clutter the forums
    Yes, but forums don't exist to serve you. They exist to serve discussion. If people are still wanting to discuss the topic broached in the OP, it's disrespectful to inconvenience everyone else because you're tired of seeing replies, and deleting the OP for your personal vanity is, likewise, bad form.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Yes, but forums don't exist to serve you. They exist to serve discussion.
    Guess i'm using them wrong then .

It was mainly just a "What time is it?" "what's for dinner today?" kind of question. It should end after the reply and you don't have to keep awnsering when the situation where the awnser was relevant has long past.

Guess i'm using them wrong then .

It was mainly just a "What time is it?" "what's for dinner today?" kind of question. It should end after the reply and you don't have to keep awnsering when the situation where the awnser was relevant has long past.
    Why would you make a post asking what the time is when you could just look at your computer clock?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.