Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should i stick with what i enjoy or the thing that does the most dmg?

The issue is over and done with long ago.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2020-07-30 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

So today i decided just for lulz to try out frost after being fire up until ilvl 466... and frost is doing like 10k more dps for me on target dummy.. even simming say i do more dmg with frost than fire..

But since i only tried frost for lulz and i actually enjoy being fire more.. Should i just stick with fire or keep being the thing that does more damage for me?
    I would say it comes down to what you like playing.then again are you raiding and trying to progress in raids/mythic+?10k is a big difference and in the long run and could maybe make you like that spec just because it does more damage.Though this is just my thoughts on it.

It completely depends on what you want to do.
    Do you want to raid mythic? Highest dps
    Do you want to do dungeons higher than 15? Highest dps
    Do you play mostly with friends that don't care for highest dps? Go fun

OT: Don't you have the mechagon wrists and the pvp trinket + 3x blaster master? If you own all these and you are starting to stack mastery, you will be way ahead with fire.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Eh my answer is fairly simple. If you intend to play with other people go for what's best. If you intend to play solo go for whatever you like. If you play in a group environment and you have a clear choice to be better at something but refuse to do so to me it sounds that you're just a burden for the rest to carry. The last 2 expansions showed how big is the difference between being optimized and playing just for fun. It's a night and day performance.

play highest dps wait to get nerfd then reroll to the next highest dps class be ready to reroll alot

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    It completely depends on what you want to do.
    Do you want to raid mythic? Highest dps
    Do you want to do dungeons higher than 15? Highest dps
    Do you play mostly with friends that don't care for highest dps? Go fun

OT: Don't you have the mechagon wrists and the pvp trinket + 3x blaster master? If you own all these and you are starting to stack mastery, you will be way ahead with fire.
    I just heard about those wrists, diden't know they were a thing until now

Also highest M+ i've done is 12 and i don't raid at all.

Mostly low M+ and World quests.

Do what you want. Unless you’re in a top 20 guild, your class/spec shouldn’t matter until you’re guild has been walled in the raid due to dps.

I just heard about those wrists, diden't know they were a thing until now

Also highest M+ i've done is 12 and i don't raid at all.

Mostly low M+ and World quests.
    Then it doesnt matter what you play. But you should get these wrists ASAP if you want to play fire. Even if they are just ilvl 415 (heroic) they are BiS and a must have.

Tbh i wish MMO-champ would invest in a "remove thread" button.

Because a situational question like this is obviously only a spurr of the moment kind of thing and not something that should be on the forum front page for days weeks or months..

I mean the thread i did mid-june https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ur-hearthstone is still on the first mage page here.. would suck if this one was as well

Tbh i wish MMO-champ would invest in a "remove thread" button.

Because a situational question like this is obviously only a spurr of the moment kind of thing and not something that should be on the forum front page for days weeks or months..

I mean the thread i did mid-june https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ur-hearthstone is still on the first mage page here.. would suck if this one was as well
    It depends *ENTIRELY* on the people you play with. Do you play with people that value enjoyment of their playtime over progress/achievements? Go for fun. Do you play with people who value progress over personal satisfaction? Go for higher dps. Do you play alone? Do whatever you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    It depends *ENTIRELY* on the people you play with. Do you play with people that value enjoyment of their playtime over progress/achievements? Go for fun. Do you play with people who value progress over personal satisfaction? Go for higher dps. Do you play alone? Do whatever you want!
    This guy even replies to my ”I want to delete this thread” comment.. are people really this oblivious?

Guys.. Just stop. I’m sorry i made a thread on here, But please stop replying. The issue is over and done with long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadgear View Post
    Eh my answer is fairly simple. If you intend to play with other people go for what's best. If you intend to play solo go for whatever you like.
    It's actually the other way around.

If you intend to play with other people, you can play whatever you want. This is because your guild/team/friends won't harass you over slightly suboptimal spec choice.
    Unless your guild is doing top 100 famed slayer raid kills, or pushes mythic+28 and such, there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing non-meta classes and specs, and most people will not have a problem with that. 99,9% of the content in the game is doable by any class, with maybe some extreme outliers (none of which are any of the 3 mage specs btw).

If you intend to play solo (or in other words, by pugging) is when you probably want to be optimized to the teeth and play the most meta spec in order to be picked for groups by pug leaders. Guilds are not pugs. People join guilds to raid with friends in good atmosphere and have fun.

If you play in a group environment and you have a clear choice to be better at something but refuse to do so to me it sounds that you're just a burden for the rest to carry. The last 2 expansions showed how big is the difference between being optimized and playing just for fun. It's a night and day performance.
    There's a difference between playing a non-meta spec, and being "not optimized". You can be optimized as Frost, Fire or Arcane. Requiring knowledge of your class/spec, optimizing your gear etc. is understandable, but forcing people to play a specific spec is a whole issue entirely.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

You will enjoy the one that deals the most damage, as you will actually get to play it.
    This is reality, accept it or run from it.
    aka "PICK A TOP-TIER"

I play what I enjoy, but I also don't do content above 5m heroics
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's actually the other way around.

If you intend to play with other people, you can play whatever you want. This is because your guild/team/friends won't harass you over slightly suboptimal spec choice.
    I feel this is something a lot of people get wrong.

Accepting someone's suboptimal character choices in co-op play is a VIRTUE, not an OBLIGATION.

I.e., nobody is required or even expected to accept your choice of performing worse than you could, but if they do that's a great thing and they're better people for doing so. BUT YOU CANNOT GO INTO GROUP PLAY ASSUMING PEOPLE ACCEPT IT.

Many people will. Perhaps even most people will. But that's at their discretion - they are sacrificing their own time to make up for what you choose not to bring. In guilds that's very often a totally common understanding, and bears little explicit mention. But you must always be aware that you are doing this at their expense, and they simply choose to do the commendable thing and accept it. You are not, however, at any point ENTITLED to that acceptance and understanding.

The more random the group, the less likely acceptance is going to be. It might still be very common (depending on the content you're doing) but it is still a virtue and not an obligation, meaning you are still not entitled to it.

I feel it's very important people understand this, even if it's never actually put into words in the game.

This guy even replies to my ”I want to delete this thread” comment.. are people really this oblivious?

Guys.. Just stop. I’m sorry i made a thread on here, But please stop replying. The issue is over and done with long ago.

Something about /10

He answered your question and you call him oblivious? What a strange person you are.

I forgive you for making this thread. You may go now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

So today i decided just for lulz to try out frost after being fire up until ilvl 466... and frost is doing like 10k more dps for me on target dummy.. even simming say i do more dmg with frost than fire..

But since i only tried frost for lulz and i actully enjoy being fire more.. Should i just stick with fire or keep being the thing that does more damage for me?
    Are you pushing M15+ or Mythic Nyalotha? Then go with what does the most damage, and get your enjoyment out of progression.
    Are you not? Then get your enjoyment out of the spec you enjoy the most.

WoW being an entertainment product, either way what you do, getting your enjoyment out of it is what matters.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I tried doing the meta thing for a while during my hardcore raiding days, but it was just miserable keeping up. I suggest playing what you enjoy, if you say enjoy the mechanics of mage in all aspects of the game, then play that, I LOVE druid and everything about it and now i refuse to change and im happy even if I don't top charts in healing or dps.

Nobody is going to read this, just edit your original post if you want to kill the thread
    Get my game | Drag the Rope | on the Google Play Store!