Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I had to check the date of this topic if it was not a year old.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

The only person who needs to "put this to bed" is yourself. You literally brought this up out of nowhere months and months past when this was even a hot topic.

Sounds like someone was on the "classic raids will take months to clear" bandwagon and is now trying to walk back their nonsense.

The three reasons you stated aren't even that relevant. The main reason raids were cleared as fast as they were is the raids are just incredibly simple and easy as most people who weren't wearing their cognitive bias glasses attested to well before classic even came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Broadband in 2007? Didn't it launch in 2003 in Greece?... Israel here, I think I had broadband already in 2001, 2002 for sure - was mass downloading movies and shit already back then. And it was already available for everyone for small price.
    You are talking about a country that thought Internet was evil and overpriced and not needed (hint it wasnt for back then)until Facebook, after that in 2008 it saw an increase in commercial connections by 1000% and another 2000% in the next 2 years, because of Facebook, we are talking from 120.000 connections, to 1.2mil, to 3mil in 2 years.

Its a fucking sad country full of uneducated animals sadly.

So no, its not surprising if he didnt have DSL in 2005 but yeah, the reality is, majority of Greeks outside the big cities would have what he is describing, but even in the big cities it would be like that, the scaling of technical knowledge varies so insanely even inside the cities in certain areas, depending how impactful the net cafe culture is.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-07-11 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    It's funny I stopped playing in WoD but did LFR actually become challenging? I remember being able to tank stuff as a clothy and live, completely disobey raid mechanics, even afk on the fights and still come out victorious.
    Pretty sure you didn't do that on Durumu in Throne of Thunder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a flying fuck if it's hard or not? Too many of you buy into the dick swinging of 'harder is better' (pun *fully* intended...).

My guild blasts through MC and clears BWL with 2 groups in a bit over a hour. We're good but not amazing. The content isn't that hard at all, at least not once you get reasonable gear and have people who've seen the fights a few times.

So what? We have fun. We're not out to pump up our egos by saying we're in the top few percent of WoW players. And you know what? Very VERY few players are, either in classic or retail. Almost all players in either version of the game either a) don't raid, b) raid occasionally or c) raid normal or at most heroic. Mythic raiders are a small percentage of retail and raids the clear mythic are an even smaller percentage. Why? Because for the vast majority of people, WOW is a game that's there to entertain them and they don't find entertainment in doing the hardest levels.

The point isn't whether classic is easy, hard or insane. It's whether it's fun. For some of us, it is. For those of you who dislike it... go play retail. We don't care if you don't like Classic, any more than you care if we don't like retail.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Only if you completely ignore heroic and mythic, due to essences, cloak, and corruptions. This has been raised multiple times, and you are yet to address it.

- - - Updated - - -

OP completely ignores this reality, and instead starts rambling on about time to level and LFR/normal.
    Yeah, the truth is difficult to handle for some.

I have seen thousands of people over the years who unironically called Classic raid design the most challenging content this game ever had since. The OP has a selective outlook.

Those who tried to educate the delusionals were swiftly mobbed by the fanboi cirkle jerking, fueled by some content creators desperate to feel relevant.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-07-11 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    I'm not claiming that Vanilla raids were ever hard, however the modern healing addons, boss mods certainly help a ton. Back then you had to beg ppl to install addons, with mixed success.
    Healing addons were stronger in vanilla, before Blizzard figured out the API and stopped shit like Decursive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Healing addons were stronger in vanilla, before Blizzard figured out the API and stopped shit like Decursive.
    Uh... I used Decursive all the time. On my mage. In Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I too feel that classic had a much more interesting challenge. In retail, when I was doing heroic/mythic raids, it was really just about doing your rotation, knowing when to pop survival CD's, and staying out of the bad stuff. Like if Ony breathed on the raid, people would for sure be dying. But on retail, you could pop a survival CD in this type of position and be fine.
    yes onyxia is so hard.. jesus christ rolling my eyes, go check the video on wowhead where a raid full of naked characters defeat onyxia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Uh... I used Decursive all the time. On my mage. In Classic.
    you seem to have a memory lapse or you didn't play the game. at one point in vanilla you could use decursive to dispel anyone with a press of a button. you didn't need any macros or target anyone, the addon automatically dispelled anyone in your raid if you just spammed the hotkey. blizzard fixed that later (i think it was in mid naxx)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yeah, the truth is difficult to handle for some.

I have seen thousands of people over the years who unironically called Classic raid design the most challenging content this game ever had since. The OP has a selective outlook.

Those who tried to educate the delusionals were swiftly mobbed by the fanboi cirkle jerking, fueled by some content creators desperate to feel relevant.
    I've seen the same, OP is full of shit. i mean one search in r/classicwow or r/wow on reddit would show you that. LFR is also 1000 times harder than any vanilla boss. people are still wiping on vexiona and ra-den AND EVEN ON TRASH in LFR. not to mention n'zoth..
    Last edited by Kageaki; 2020-07-11 at 09:51 PM.

The OP is 100% a liar. Leading towards the release of Classic, there were dozens of threads on this site talking about how difficult it would be and that "retail casuals" should just stay away from Classic. So yeah, there were plenty of people who claimed that old raids were complex and difficult but LFR raids are more complex and difficult than vanilla raids.

>almost a year later
    >retail players are still seething over Classic and making shitposts like this thread
    feels good man

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    >almost a year later
    >retail players are still seething over Classic and making shitposts like this thread
    feels good man
    except OP is trying to defend classic and its fanbase, maybe read his post before making such an idiotic comment? besides even if that was the case the classic/vanilla crowd deserves every bit of shit being flung at them for making false claims about the game's supposed "difficulty" and for making retail players feel bad for playing a "braindead children's game with no difficulty". what did you really expect after badmouthing retail and its playerbase for so long?
    Last edited by Kageaki; 2020-07-11 at 09:51 PM.

>almost a year later
    feels good man
    LOL, did you even read the OP...? It is more the case of 1 year later and Classic fans still can't stop bitching about Retail.

Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post
    what did you really expect after badmouthing retail and its playerbase for so long?
    you mean like how retail fanbase kept proclaiming Classic is "just nostalgia" and would be "dead in 2 weeks"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    LOL, did you even read the OP...? It is more the case of 1 year later and Classic fans still can't stop bitching about Retail.
    "NO U!"

classic retail response

you mean like how retail fanbase kept proclaiming Classic is "just nostalgia" and would be "dead in 2 weeks"

- - - Updated - - -

"NO U!"

classic retail response
    Doesn't respond well to facts.

Typical Classic fanflagging right there.

- - - Updated - - -

"NO U!"

classic retail response
    Are you a complete moron? You literally didnt even read the OP and instead of just admiting that what you typed had nothing to do with the thread you cherry pick specific replies to respond to so you dont sound like a complete idiot.
    Task failed successfully

Classics difficulty have always come from all the preparations you make before doing the raid. Once you gathered all 39 people, world buffs, flasks etc it was just doing a few tactics and the boss would be down. The game was also completely different back in 2004, mainly because of people got shittier computers and WoW wasn't optimised well enough for some time, there was no Youtube or anywhere you could find guides (and if you found one it was usually scuffed and incorrect), there was less addons which was also not mainstream for most people because the game was in a rather early state, and ofcourse the game was new and for many their first MMORPG. The people who went hardcore in vanilla WoW were mostly old school Everquest players who already had an idea of how to play the game.

Now look at Classic today, nothing in the above applies anymore. People have known the game for a while and there are plenty of guides to find which goes deep enough to pay attention to every little detail. Addons were quickly made, the game runs smooth (haven't lagged once while I played), WoW was well optimised and classes felt reactive unlike when I played on a potato PC during vanilla WoW. So you end up with Classic raids being a joke.

I know me and many others shit on retail for a lot of reasons, but one thing it has always done right were the raids. It evolved with the players and there's a certain expectation for the hardcore raiders to have a boss that seems almost impossible to kill, but just requires a lot of effort and dedication. If it were up to me I would've just buffed every Classic boss by 25% simply because the game is played differently now than it has in 2004, which is inevitable due to players and PC's getting better. Classic raids could not have all these mechanics that retail raids had simply because it would fry everyones PC.

I'm not sure how many people claim that Classic raids would be hard but I certainly wasn't one of them. I still love Classic because it plays like an old school MMORPG which I love, and I really missed the old world that has been gone from retail for so long. WoW was always more about the world than just the raids imo, and I like how active the community feels which is also something that is lacking in retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gosuabbbff View Post

you seem to have a memory lapse or you didn't play the game. at one point in vanilla you could use decursive to dispel anyone with a press of a button. you didn't need any macros or target anyone, the addon automatically dispelled anyone in your raid if you just spammed the hotkey. blizzard fixed that later (i think it was in mid naxx)
    Which isn't what you said. Fucking hell, people, we can't read your minds so when you write something half-assed don't whine at us when we miss the point you didn't bother to make.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Which isn't what you said. Fucking hell, people, we can't read your minds so when you write something half-assed don't whine at us when we miss the point you didn't bother to make.
    First, I didn't say that. Second, it was pretty obvious the person you replied to must have meant what I said. Everyone who played vanilla knew that Decursive was functional even after having being hotfixed, it just worked differently.

I mean Decursive still exists today in retail and classic, come on man put some effort.
    Last edited by Kageaki; 2020-07-11 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Ony has been killed with a full naked raid.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.