Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    All new exp gives us new bullshit that we dont wanna do. Lets just stop having exspansions, and only major patches...Saves us gold / money anyway...75 euro for a gut damn micro transaction...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Obligatory weekly Renown grind
    Obligatory weekly Torgast grind
    Obligatory weekly Caps
    Catch-up systems that require you to run stuff over-and-over on your alts until you've run as many times as your main in order to "start playing"
    Forced stuff to do that doesn't include whatever it is that you like, doesn't include gearing and serves only the pupose of "not being behind"
    Obligatory hours-long grind on every character before you start doing all of the above

This all just looks like 8.3 is right now, and 8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down

Am I missing something? I really want shadowlands to take us back in the direction of good Gameplay, fun alts and so forward
    Is there something I missed in the dev vlog?
    What you're missing is that this is what the game has always been, and that none of this is actually obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    All new exp gives us new bullshit that we dont wanna do. Lets just stop having exspansions, and only major patches...Saves us gold / money anyway...75 euro for a gut damn micro transaction...
    LOL. As if anything from before Legion was in the same ballpark in effort, time investment and grind that Legion and BfA required. And shadowlands is shaping up to be worse.
    There is a significant difference between "mooom, I don't wanna vacuum my room!" and "moom, I don't want to build a house from nothing!".
    Anyone who denies that before Legion the hoops and hurdles were much much lower to get your character going/get up to date is seriously disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    LOL. As if anything from before Legion was in the same ballpark in effort, time investment and grind that Legion and BfA required. And shadowlands is shaping up to be worse.
    There is a significant difference between "mooom, I don't wanna vacuum my room!" and "moom, I don't want to build a house from nothing!".
    Anyone who denies that before Legion the hoops and hurdles were much much lower to get your character going/get up to date is seriously disingenuous.
    And what does that change anything? This is why Im tired of new full reset exp, that has the same outcome as the old one...But yes, I agree that the insane grind crap started around WOD, but it was also bad in MOP. I grind nerd points (32k) and all that so...yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And what does that change anything? This is why Im tired of new full reset exp, that has the same outcome as the old one...But yes, I agree that the insane grind crap started around WOD, but it was also bad in MOP. I grind nerd points (32k) and all that so...yea.
    How was mop bad? And bad compared to what from before? And are you looking at from collector standpoint or from raider standpoint? I "only" have 30k achieve points but mop was EZ game compared to this what we have now. It was a great effort/reward business from both collector, and raider standpoint. Even getting the cloak on alts was better than anything in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    the only weekly caps in vanilla, tbc and beginning of wrath were raid lockouts.
    starting end of wrath and onward they added more and more weekly/daily hamster wheel grinds. but yes, there was a time when they did not exist in WoW.
    Nah, TBC and WotLK just had daily caps instead of weekly...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    How was mop bad? And bad compared to what from before? And are you looking at from collector standpoint or from raider standpoint? I "only" have 30k achieve points but mop was EZ game compared to this what we have now. It was a great effort/reward business from both collector, and raider standpoint. Even getting the cloak on alts was better than anything in BfA.
    MOP added INSANE mounts, thats near impossible to get now a days - This was the trend going onwards (sadly), also they did the INSANE archeology proffesions achievements...MOP also had some other note-worthy trend starters through. I dont raid in wow anymore since cata cause its pointless...You get nothing out of raiding, unless you enjoy it / enjoy the guild etc.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Obligatory weekly Renown grind
    Obligatory weekly Torgast grind
    Obligatory weekly Caps
    Catch-up systems that require you to run stuff over-and-over on your alts until you've run as many times as your main in order to "start playing"
    Forced stuff to do that doesn't include whatever it is that you like, doesn't include gearing and serves only the pupose of "not being behind"
    Obligatory hours-long grind on every character before you start doing all of the above

This all just looks like 8.3 is right now, and 8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down

Am I missing something? I really want shadowlands to take us back in the direction of good Gameplay, fun alts and so forward
    Is there something I missed in the dev vlog?
    That sounds like Super-Every-Expansion-Since-WoD not Super-8.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not so secret anymore now that you revealed it

Also, this just in: You do not have to do ANYTHING of this. It doesn't help you buy food, pay rent or do any other essential stuff in your life. This is supposed to entertain us. If it doesn't, we should find something else.

The moment you think your life revolves (obligatory) about things in a video game.....it is time to re-evaluate your life (especially in the light of "This all just looks like 8.3 is right now, and 8.3 is easily the worst patch I have ever played hands down" - time to quit)

- - - Updated - - -

Again...blessed we are who are not living in a society that forces you with a gun to your head to spend money on WoW and play it. You don't wanna do this bullshit? Just don't. It seems so simple. You said it yourself. Saves money.
    All someone is doing is raising concerns of the direction the game is going and of course you can’t stand for that. Coming back with the "you don’t have to play it" is such a lame response and highlights the fact you haven’t really got anything to say but feel compelled to defend Blizzard anyway.

Asking someone to re-evaluate their life in this matter is more than a bit rich coming from you. In the past 12 years you have subjected us all to over 35000 posts, mostly defending a company that died 10 years ago. That’s roughly 8 posts EVERY SINGLE DAY. If anyone needs to have a serious word with themselves it’s you.