Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that the "Bolvar overcomes Sylvanas" arc is a possibility that was set up through the cinematic. The problem in my opinion is, that the ad material already pictures him as a mighty powerhouse, while he actually is completely powerless and broken right now. The trailer showed us a weakling who neither was cunning nor strong enough to stop Sylvanas (and again, it was not even close, more like a child fighting Ali in his prime).
    If you go for the redemption arc don't show him leading an army or show him in battle - we already know he failed in both of those things and is no match for bigger characters.
    Instead show him pondering. Show him on his quest for MOAR POAH.
    Simply showing pictures of him being badass while everything in the lore right now contradicts it feels just really, really off.
    He wasn't a weakling. Suevanas was just granted pussy powers by the Jailer. People understand that she wasn't just normal Sylvanas fighting him. We've known since the Saurfang fight that there is something strange about her new powers.

Did you see the opening cinematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    He wasn't a weakling. Suevanas was just granted pussy powers by the Jailer. People understand that she wasn't just normal Sylvanas fighting him. We've known since the Saurfang fight that there is something strange about her new powers.
    This does not change my argument at all. The stakes have been been raised and the general powerlevel of characters has been increased. Maybe the jailor is stronger than Sylvanas. Its actually very likely. Maybe other characters in Shadowlands are too.
    If the general power level goes up while his stays the same, he becomes weak in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Coe View Post
    Probably because they felt it's more interesting that way. Evil Lich King seems like too much of a repeat of what we already had.
    I think there was potential to make the story interesting, but yeah, probably impossible to not feel like a retread.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Legion definitely hinted at him being more evil than we've seen, I'm curious why they seem to have backed away from that.
    I wondered the same thing. For years, prior to BfA, people theorized a future expansion involving the theme of Death again would be centered around Bolvar, The Lich King, "Wrath 2" on an updated Northrend continent. They probably backed away because a second Lich King expansion would have been repetitive. I don't know if Shadowlands was already fully mapped out during Legion, probably not, and it was just an inkling of an idea and BfA was more planned out, but at some point they decided Bolvar would not be a villain like they hinted and decided to go full steam with Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    This does not change my argument at all. The stakes have been been raised and the general powerlevel of characters has been increased. Maybe the jailor is stronger than Sylvanas. Its actually very likely. Maybe other characters in Shadowlands are too.
    If the general power level goes up while his stays the same, he becomes weak in comparison.
    no "general power level" goes up, only Sylvanas power lv goes up, because plot and the writers says so

He can still be strong, and still be behind Sylvanas, because Sylvanas is made to be the top tier enemy villain all powerful of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    no "general power level" goes up, only Sylvanas power lv goes up, because plot and the writers says so

He can still be strong, and still be behind Sylvanas, because Sylvanas is made to be the top tier enemy villain all powerful of this season.
    Do you really believe the jailer is weaker than Sylvanas? And all the other inhabitants of the shadowlands too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you people will complain about anything.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I wondered the same thing. For years, prior to BfA, people theorized a future expansion involving the theme of Death again would be centered around Bolvar, The Lich King, "Wrath 2" on an updated Northrend continent. They probably backed away because a second Lich King expansion would have been repetitive. I don't know if Shadowlands was already fully mapped out during Legion, probably not, and it was just an inkling of an idea and BfA was more planned out, but at some point they decided Bolvar would not be a villain like they hinted and decided to go full steam with Sylvanas.
    To be fair, bfa was MoP 2.0, basically the exact same plotline, so I don't think repetitiveness is a problem for them.

"I cannae believe this fuss about this lass, champion! You donnae know to do without me"

I don't care if The Bolvar is weak, he is replacing Magni and thus he is my HERO!

"Hold on lass, hold on!"
    Oh piss off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    What I wouldn't give to see Northrend updated with modern WoW's fidelity etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

im wondering if they will rebuild his helmet at the end of xpac or maybe the story will go on a way blocking this

7+ Year Old Account
    He's this expansion's Khadgar
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What I wouldn't give to see Northrend updated with modern WoW's fidelity etc.
    Would have been nice. So many continents and zones just go to waste after an expansion is over, there's no reason why most zones can't be updated with phasing tech.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you really believe the jailer is weaker than Sylvanas? And all the other inhabitants of the shadowlands too?
    i seriously don't know how you came up with this conclusion from what i said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing what we know now, how do people still expect that Bolvar should have put up even better fight against Sylvanas who was directly drawing power from the maw? And no matter how much all the factions think that Sylvanas only loves death and more death, nobody actually expected her to actually do what she did, to break open a gate to shadowlands, nobody knew it was even possible. How could they? Nobody knows anything about shadowlands, not even Bolvar knows anything about it, he only gets visions. I don't think even Nerzhul and Arthas knew anything more than what Bolvar knows.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

I think i have never seen a thread with so much whining about stuff that was not even a question from OP^^

Hilarious.

On topic: He probably will show up in the max level content we have not seen yet.

SPOILERS: obviously as you are asking a story question: There is a video with bolvar ariving in Oribos with the help of a part of the helm of domination. Which we used to get into the maw. So i suspect he will join as at the earliest after our first return to the Maw at level 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Basically it is a revenge arc. Personally I like the player made story line that Sylvannas was level 120 and he was level 80. They should have made that canon if you ask me.
    Oh god.
    Sylvanas was just trying to farm Invincible.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The Lich King has never been the most powerful character. I mean the original Lich King was created by Kil'Jaeden, and we defeated him an expansion ago. I wouldn't think about it too much. Blizzard doesn't either. And thinking about it in powerlevels makes you look like you're still watching Dragonball.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because he is the face of the expansion.

/thread.

Formerly known as Arafal